Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489479 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Since it is a cool rainy day I am going to throw a corned beef in the crockpot.  Will add cabbage and carrots later.  Ruebens tomorrow.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well with rain and such yesterday I decided to make a hotdish using chicken..  recipe called for cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream,  canned soup and seasonings...   well I added mushrooms and a veggie blend of green and yellow beans and carrots..   turned very tasty!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
been busy yesterday.......but we had skin on sunfish and ramen  :sleazy: nooodles!!!!!!! :happy1:

leftovers for lunch!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Perch and eggs for brunch.  Was about a 12" perch. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Today I am going to cook up some country style ribs and kraut.  Thinking of in the crockpot. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just got a qt of home made kraut!!  been thinking pork too!!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure if I will brown it first or just throw it in the crockpot.  Add onions right away and add the kraut later I'm thinking.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a BIG pot of my world famous sketti.  :happy1: had a meal, enough for a lunch and the rest is Sunday night at deer camp!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Schwegert keilbasa, my homemade sauerkraut, peas smashed taters.  That keilbasa was really good.

God's necter, katchup, never made the picture, but guess what!! Never used it  :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great!  Making my mouth water thinking of kraut.  Love it. Keilbasa too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How about some great meatloaf loaded with onions etc. etc.   With mashed spuds and gravy and green beans.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made an egg bake this morning, used diced taters rather than hash browns..  mixed 6 eggs with chopped bacon, onions, some chopped up broccoli and cauliflower and gouda cheese..  baked in a 8 X 8 Pyrex pan...   dang tasty!!!   and some left overs too!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: Mike got his thanksgiving bird already!!😂😂

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm ok with chicken too!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so......has anyone tried this little package of Jimmy Dean sausage??????? did ya like it???? looking for some ideas for meals.

i've never had it so looking to expand my horizon..........

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There are different flavors.  Hot, original, etc.  I have used it for fatties stuffed with onions cheese etc and then covered with bacon and in the smoker.  Pretty good. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There are different flavors.  Hot, original, etc.  I have used it for fatties stuffed with onions cheese etc and then covered with bacon and in the smoker.  Pretty good.
think i'll get me a package or 2 and try it!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: its gotta be pretty aweful...think johnsonville, or cottage cheese :rolleyes: before i wont eat it.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, do you have a meat grinder? Make it yourself, better tasting and much less expensive. One pork shoulder, salt, pepper, sage.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why, yes I do. This bad boy chews up horseradish roots like nobody's business. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Holy hookshot, Batman! That's a Binford model... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy hookshot, Batman! That's a Binford model... :shocked:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i bought it from a friemd when we where at the campground. he got it at a garage sale.

he let me use it to make horseradish one year. i told him that if he ever wanted to sell it i wanted first dibs. couple years later i bought it for $100.00. went to make horseradish and the gear box was abought shot, apparently he let others use it to make a big batch of sausage, of which i was never asked to!!!! :confused: i had to end up usung my kitchen aid to finish, good thing it was a small batch!!!!!

i found a place to fix it up in st cloud......$300.00 later....thats the new version...........i'll never sell it!!!!!!!!! that gear box is the new part !!!!!! :happy1:

not even a close match on the market!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO when you make your Dump and Bake Casserole do you put it in a 9x13 pan or just a regular pot?

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Jimmy Dean is basically a fatty breakfast sausage. As Cooperman says......make your own. Here is a Jimmy Dean clone.

1 lb. (400g) ground pork

1 tsp. salt

¼ tsp. rubbed dried sage

¼ tsp. ground black pepper

¼ tsp. crushed red pepper

¼ tsp. ground coriander
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
SO when you make your Dump and Bake Casserole do you put it in a 9x13 pan or just a regular pot?
:scratch: of your asking me she puts it in a 9 X 13 pan.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I opted out of the jimmy dean sausage. Got the teals made pork sausage. 2 bucks cheaper probably better and way more meat. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so after my blood work I stopped at Cub's to get a couple things...  one being some Margaritaville shrimp...  scampi was one jerk was the other...  normally I would not buy them at $10.99 for 8oz...   but it was BOGO..   had the scampi for lunch, not bad but was surprised at how it cooked away...   now I have tried it...  one more and done I think..  buy raw and make my own....   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried cooking a different way, had a small chunk of corned beef I wanted to eat...   soo along with onions and sauerkraut I stuck it in the crock pot late last night into today..   turned out great!!!