Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488970 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
porketta roast in the crackpot, with onions!!!
they had a porketta that was seasoned in there reduced rack at the store yesterday, but i have never had one., really have no idea how to cook it, and not sure if my wife would curl her nose at it, :doah: so i passed. to me it looks like a seasoned rolled pork loin kinda like we order from Plantenbergs now and then. :scratch: :scratch:

one day i'm gonna try it!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's a pork butt/shoulder cut open, deboned, seasoned up, rolled and tied and more seasoning..  darn good eats!!!  cooking this one to shred for sandwiches and wraps...   :happy1:

a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it's a pork butt/shoulder cut open, deboned, seasoned up, rolled and tied and more seasoning..  darn good eats!!!  cooking this one to shred for sandwiches and wraps...   :happy1:
:happy1: kinda the same thing then.........i googled it, seems like its more of an italian seasoning thing.......... think i'm going to go for it regardless of what my bride thinks....cept i'll grill it!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

We like pulled pork sandwiches too, but when making those it goes on the Weber to get smoked. Yum,....................good eats!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/27/23, 11:32:36 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: kinda the same thing then.........i googled it, seems like its more of an italian seasoning thing.......... think i'm going to go for it regardless of what my bride thinks....cept i'll grill it!!!!!

haven't tried it that way and no way today!!!   but that has me thinking too!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike just make sure you cook it so it's near burnt!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao: Yea wouldn't want food borne illnesses now!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike just make sure you cook it so it's near burnt!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao: Yea wouldn't want food borne illnesses now!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

for sure!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  and thanks for the reminder!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
How'd the porketta turn out Mike?? I gots to do one someday.  Momma wasn't totally off her game today,  she whipped up a homemade soup called Zuppa Toscana with a rustic Italian bread.., I are full!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good Bobber!  porketta turned out great!!!   all shredded and ready sandwiches!!!   dang I liker that stuff!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wild rice soup with turkey, and venny wieners!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wild rice soup is great!!!!    looks good!!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, love wild rice, cept now I'm out  :confused: :surrender: NOW I gotta head north  :happy1: :rotflmao:

They want 20 bucks a lb at Teals  :doah: for the lite rice and no clue we're it came from. I prefer getting it around the cabin, chances are good it came from the area!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes those soups both look great.  The wife made Swedish meatballs tonight.  Was great as usual.   Chicken wild rice soup sounds good and we haven't had that in a long time.  The wife makes a good one.  I will hint tomorrow. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Looks great Glenn.....my favorite soup. My brother and his son do the actual ricing. So I get the real thing.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Glenn.....my favorite soup. My brother and his son do the actual ricing. So I get the real thing.
its kinda why i only buy it around the cabin area..........the chances of it coming from that area is pretty high. the little spring lake store had a young kid that worked there and did ricing, i may have paid a bit more but i think it was worth it getting it from him!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/29/23, 09:58:11 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just rubbed and double foiled a 3 lb rack of extra meaty baby backs. Will put in oven at 300 and check at 2 hours.  If not right put em in longer.  I will use my torch to brown them.  They turn out pretty good.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You could sear them like glenn does... :whistling:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys are making me hungry.  Momma came home with some good sized chuckeyes,  maybe if I marinate some ice in some high powered stuff later I'll find up some courage to grill later...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the way you think Bobb.   :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Venny steak fried in onions and butter with taters and corn!!

Full now! :shocked: but pretty sure I still got room for a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream later!!👍
« Last Edit: January 01/31/23, 07:23:28 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: From where I sit, your ALWAYS full ;).......................... :whistling:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02/01/23, 08:05:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: From where I sit, your ALWAYS full ;).......................... :whistling:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made meat balls this morning, 1# each burger, and italian sausage, onions, panko, eggs and cheese..  smothered in mushroom sauce in the oven...   was thinking cheese sauce but changed my mind... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Here they are, suckers look really good too!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Bobber!!!  smells dang good!!   

and they taste very good too!!!   yummy!!! 
« Last Edit: February 02/02/23, 11:36:10 AM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea ya lost me with the panko............that stuff aint worth feeding to my ex-wife!!!!!!!!1 :rotflmao:

udder den dat looks good bud!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

:scratch: :doah: not sure where i got the udfer part from...... :shocked: Mikey!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/23, 11:44:54 AM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman