Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489291 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I have lucky again and scored some farm fresh eggs!!   some are rather large...   they said there could be double yoke's..  washed up the first batch this morning and then proceeded to make me a cheese omelette.. 1st egg, yup a double!!!   bet those hens really clucked when they laid them!!    :rotflmao: 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gotta love them double bangers!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Jumbos we get at WM up here are usually at least 2/3 doubles. :happy1: :cool: Not that much difference in $, either.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Which begs the question, can double yolk eggs result in two chicks hatching from the same egg? Apparently after exhaustive research, they can, although it is rare, about like glenn catching a fish. (boar told me to say that)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
makes sense, twins??  maybe!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOLOL  I have always wondered that too.  If the double yolk can have two chicks that is. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Which begs the question, can double yolk eggs result in two chicks hatching from the same egg? Apparently after exhaustive research, they can, although it is rare, about like glenn catching a fish. (boar told me to say that)
and if boar told you to jump off a cliff you'd do that to? :crazy: :doofus: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Depends on the cliff & what kind of gin was at the bottom... :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll see your so called WF spaghetti and raise ya some homemade sauce, Alfredo sauce and cottage cheese!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: may as well throw that sketti out. That curdled milk is touching it!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We don't do garlic toast often enough with spaghetti.  Nice touch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma did some cookin  :happy1: squished taters cream of mushroom gravy and meatballs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of my favorite meals Glenn. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just took out a chuck roast and we are going to put it in our instant pot tonight.  Can't wait.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma did some cookin  :happy1: squished taters cream of mushroom gravy and meatballs.
We do something similar but with burgers instead.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My WF sketti not that jar stuff boober uses!! :tut: :rotflmao: :mooning: and the home version of garlic toast .

Oh look, no room on the plate for that disgusting cottage cheese! :sleazy: :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes there is!!   just move the toast!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:   looks good bud!!!    :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yes there is!!   just move the toast!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:   looks good bud!!!    :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :rotflmao: not gonna happen!! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
changed plans, decided to cook beef short ribs in the crock pot vs the smoker.. peeling the membrane on them is POS!!!   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/17/23, 09:57:42 AM by mike89 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Pheasant Wild Rice Soup. Usually make this during the winter but had a hankering for some now.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got the short ribs done!!!  very tasty!!  from what I started with to what I ended up with...   WOW!!!!   no wonder I like baby back ribs!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw this I think on a Zimmer food deal recently.  Olive salad.  It is chopped up olives and other tasty things.  They put it on sandwichs, etc.  I am thinking on nachos or on a salad or anything.  I love green olives.  The show was at Central Market.  They made the olive salad.  I looked on Amazing Amazon and the Central Market Olive Salad is available there.  I ordered 2 qts of it.  Drooling just thinking of it. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m a big fan of olives, especially green one and stuffed with pimientos, garlic, or blue cheese. I also like kalamatas and black olives. Green ones make good olive burgers.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: olives belong in the garbage can right next to the cottage cheese!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I would like to try an olive burger.  Olives and swiss cheese on top of a burger? 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be worth a try. Another way is slice the olives and mix them in with the raw burger and top with a grilled onion.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I would like to try an olive burger.  Olives and swiss cheese on top of a burger?

they are good!!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw them on a menu at a cafe I was at but after I had already ordered something else. May have to have one with my olive salad.   :hubba:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Costco has a 33oz jar of olive salad for around $9 good stuff. It’s amazing how many different thing you can put it on, GLENN.
It also good mixed with cream cheese.