Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Winnie fishing report 8/21/2016  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Four Seasons Resort

• Outdoorsman
I can finally say that we have a hot walleye bite on Lake Winnie. 
This past week, the fish were biting on any bait that you threw at them.  Crankbaits, spinners with minnows, crawlers, or leeches, and jigs with minnows, all caught fish.  The fish are on the shallow flats and also on the weed edges. Normally, our guests fish northerns this week, but the walleyes were biting so well that they mostly fished for them.  I am sure that this is what the rest of the year is going to be like.  If you are in to walleye fishing, this is the year to come up to Winnie.
Northern fishing is really good right now, as well.  The size and numbers are off the charts.  What ever you like to catch them on, they are biting!  Find some nice cabbage weeds, and you will find northerns.  No huge fish lately, but a lot of really nice fish in the 26-32" range.  I had a 35-36" fish yesterday.
Musky Dave's son Dan boated two muskies in his short three day stay. 
There were also three other muskies caught last week.
If you follow my fishing reports over the years, you know that I only say we have a hot bite once in a great while.  So if you are considering a place where you will catch fish, you need to come see us very soon.  We have two specials coming up.  Our Labor Day Special allows you to stay 9 days for the price of a week.  Our fall special is 20% off all reservations after Labor Day.  Check our availability and give us a call. Joe Thompson, Four Seasons Resort 218-665-2231