Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Goulash reciepes  (Read 5419 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK all this talk about goulash. how does everyone make it???????

my wife makes it with noodles burger, onion and tomato soup. sometimes when she's not looking  :doah: ;) i add secret seasonings in it. occasionally she uses this rot'el. i like the spicier flavor she dont!!!!!! :doah:

looking for new twists!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Glen I was trying to remember how my Grandma made it.  What is an awesome goulash recipe.  Some are too plain of tomato and I remember my Grandma's had more to it.  Just not sure what...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when i made it i'd use my home made tomatoe juice instead of the soup.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i do a couple lbs  burger two boxes mac n chesse, 1 onion,  1 can rotsl, 1 can cream chicken.yum cheesy spicy goodness.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds good Boar.  Not your regular goulash but sounds tasty.  Now that I think of it I wonder if a can of tomato soup may be a good additive in goulash to thicken up the tomato base.  I bet my grandma left all of the meat juice (grease) in too.  Of course that is where the flavor is. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I wanna know what a can of rotsl" is...... :scratch:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol, rotel will wake up any dish. The wife grew up with goulash , she made it before we married and I flat out told her do not make that again.  Talk about blah. Well 20 years later we made it together last year and I insisted we use chorizo sausage instead of burger served with garlic bread and low and behold it was a hit. Who says ya can't teach stubborn broads new tricks!!
« Last Edit: October 10/10/16, 06:15:20 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooooh,  Rotel..thanks, Boober!  ;D I'd join in, but I detest goulash. Always have.  Eeech.   :puke:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Grandma use to make goulash for every family get together. It was always bland, and lacked texture. As my wife would say "it's eatable".....kinda like when women say "fine"....you know yur in trouble. Boars sounds kinda good, but I  need some pictures to persuade me.

I know how ya feel Reb...I feel the same way about spam chopped up on a hamburger bun with chunks of velveta, placed under the broiler.... gives me the willies just thinking about it.  :puke:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Mom used to make "chili"......some hamburger, celery, chili powder, tomatoes, water, and KIDNEY beans. The most watered down bland stuff...I could barely eat it. Nothing spicy on our menu. Probably why I LOVE spice and peppers now.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooooh,  Rotel..thanks, Boober!  ;D I'd join in, but I detest goulash. Always have.  Eeech.   :puke:
worse then green beans! :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grandma use to make goulash for every family get together. It was always bland, and lacked texture. As my wife would say "it's eatable".....kinda like when women say "fine"....you know yur in trouble. Boars sounds kinda good, but I  need some pictures to persuade me.

I know how ya feel Reb...I feel the same way about spam chopped up on a hamburger bun with chunks of velveta, placed under the broiler.... gives me the willies just thinking about it.  :puke:
hey what's wrong with dat spam ting???? I upgraded the cheese to pepper jack!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Every couple of years I crave spam.  I then eat a thin slice right out of the can.  Then I fry a slice and have a sandwich with it and ketchup.  Then I am done with it and throw the rest away after it sits in the frig for a week.....   Maybe I will fry a slice to have with eggs...   

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
OK all this talk about goulash. how does everyone make it???????

my wife makes it with noodles burger, onion and tomato soup. sometimes when she's not looking  :doah: ;) i add secret seasonings in it. occasionally she uses this rot'el. i like the spicier flavor she dont!!!!!! :doah:

looking for new twists!!!!!!!!!

Mom's gone and I miss her "real" goulash!  :cry: 
My wife tried to get a copy of her recipe once and mom never wrote it down. Always in her head, "oh a dash of this and a dash of that"  :coffee: 
My wife's family's Goulash turns out like a baked Hot Dish! I tell her Honey it's good. But Don't Call It Goulash!  :taz:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Occasionally I run into someone who makes some pretty good goulash but afraid my taste buds were pretty well compromised by the school hot lunch program back in the day. Unfortunately that's the same kind of "goulash" that frequently shows up at pot luck dinners, particularly the church basement type. A lot of times in these parts their motto seems to be "if you can't cook the hell out of it reducing it to a colorless, flavorless, amorphous mass of glop, someone might get indigestion so leave it home".  :banghead:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Occasionally I run into someone who makes some pretty good goulash but afraid my taste buds were pretty well compromised by the school hot lunch program back in the day. Unfortunately that's the same kind of "goulash" that frequently shows up at pot luck dinners, particularly the church basement type. A lot of times in these parts their motto seems to be "if you can't cook the hell out of it reducing it to a colorless, flavorless, amorphous mass of glop, someone might get indigestion so leave it home".  :banghead:

NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: That describes the entire state of affairs perfectly.  I did find that if is excellent if you have a hole in some cement block you need plugged. Hardens right up and repels all types of insects and rodents.
LPS, Spam is great right outta the can! Nothing like two big slabs for a midnite snack, maybe paired up a with a piece o' cheddar.....reminds me of that old poem:
"I love green eggs and Spam, chirped Smurfy-I-am!!" "I'll eat it while sitting in a box, I'll eat it covered with some lox! I'll eat it on a pile of rugs, I'll eat it with my union thugs!" "Ain't nuthin' gonna take away my Spam, chortled Smurfy-the smurf-I-am!!"  :rotflmao:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
please.describe the word chortled. im pretty sure i know what it means but never seen it used in a sentence before. iis lime snortic but with laughter mixed in..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: you clowns sure aint coming up with good reciepies............. maybe a spam goulash reciepe!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

;D