Recent

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: horseshoe chain  (Read 9730 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1002
  • Likes Given: 5880
Lookin at the satellite it appears a lot of it up to just south of Mille Lacs is out or ~ ready to. :happy1: Warmer temps & some rain this week will help that.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 2946
  • Likes Given: 2612
on my adventures this morning I drove past the Hwy 22 access. there where only 44 vehicles and rigs park there. the cold spring access was packed too.

thought it be safe to head to fleet farm but that place was a friggin zoo also!!!!! :doofus: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I took the scenic route up to my moms this afternoon. the horseshoe chain looks pretty empty today!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1422
  • Likes Given: 1730
I took the scenic route up to my moms this afternoon. the horseshoe chain looks pretty empty today!!!
uh huh, sounds to me you found more insanity at fleet farm than da lake.. :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
uh huh, sounds to me you found more insanity at fleet farm than da lake.. :doofus:
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I did......cause I didn't go on da lake. and my blood pressure thanks me!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2822
  • Likes Given: 6704
Sunday and Mothers Day.  They are all at home or out buying things for the yard. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well since my previous informative post got zapped i'll post it again!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I had heard that no parking signs were posted along the winter access. since I was totally bored I took a scenic drive around the chain. and it is posted, to the hilt. there were however vehicles parked just beyond the signs. this is going to create very dangerous safety issues if you do not know that system well. sure enough people are using the river access and heading over to the chain. DUMB..DUMB...DUMB. theres a lot of current there and that meth hole is out there. its really dangerous where the river hits the lake too!!!

anyway there were quite a few people out. on Schneider, by the golf course, there were people in the channel, and that's a given, there where 2 wheelhouses around the corner by the resort with wheelers by them. a few on the chain scattered all over. on the south end of long lake there was a good amount out fishing and a few on browns lake. grand lake was full of people.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2019
  • Likes Given: 214
It didn't really get zapped....when we switch servers, a copy is taken and transferred to the next computer. If you post while it's being done, the post may not be transferred.

Sorry for any inconveniences......  :mooning:

Butt....Thanks for the report!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No issues here HD. I WAS just irritating Reb!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It didn't really get zapped....when we switch servers, a copy is taken and transferred to the next computer. If you post while it's being done, the post may not be transferred.

That's OK HD. :cool: We won't miss it as we get PLENTY from him.............................too bad it's 98% :bs:. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

That's OK HD. :cool: We won't miss it as we get PLENTY from him.............................too bad it's 98% :bs:. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty:

looks like there has been a bit more activity out on bowstring!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 0
I did see two snowmobiles go by Bowstring Shores yesterday but I haven't seen anyone fishing yet.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
rumor has it that a 4 wheeler with a trailer went through on horseshoe. i new this was coming with the no parking signs along the winter access on hwy 22. people are using the summer access on the river and going over to horseshoe to fish them catfish. along with the weather the ice is deteriating and the current is picking up making dangerous conditions not  only on the river , but where the  lake and river meet.    :tut: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Before I headed up to Mikey's I took a drive around the chain. A good amount of vehicles out on the ice. Looked like a party out on Brown's lake. Long had them scattered all over. A bunch on cedar and all over in horseshoe.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got bored to took a drive around the chain. lot of water on top of the ice, but its not seeping in so one would think the ice is still pretty good.....for now. there was 1 truck out on browns lake, anyone else out was by wheeler or foot. there were not a lot of people out.

the 3 bridges I crossed, the river were open. open water by the camp woody bridge that goes from horseshoe to long. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when I brought my venny trimmings up to Richmond I took a quick drive around horseshoe. looks like the access points are toast for even wheelers. only seen foot travel. most the access points I seen had open water.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got bored, took a drive around the chain. I seen 2 people out on schneider lake. the culvert/creek area was open water for a ways out on the lake. these guys were plenty far away.

the river system is pretty much wide open except for west of the cty rd 49 bridge. that's the road that goes behind the blue heron. there was ice yet west of the bridge out a ways. I seen one guy out on cedar island but the ice is pulling away from shore. I heard yesterday the hwy 22 river acess was open all the way out to the meth hole, so with the wind yesterday I fully expected to see ice piled up along the shore in that area but it wasn't. :scratch:

the channel between horseshoe and long wasw ide open to.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took  cruise around the horseshoe chain. Boat landings are busy, bunch fishing from shore in select areas. Fair amount of activity at resorts and campgrounds.

Yesterday coming home from the the Generals place the landing on HWY 55 to koronis had 5 boat's and about 10 people fishing from shore. Man where there done rollers out on the main lake of koronis.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah.............................so!  :rolleyes: :doah: :pouty: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman