Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: My Upper Red Lake report  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Keep in mind this report is from someone that might be considered a fisherman in his own mind. Four of us fished Upper Red from 1:00 PM Tuesday until 9:00 AM Thursday. We managed to catch a total of 2 jumbo perch. Sad catch but what the heck, we had a fun time anyway. We figured it had been 15 years since we were last up there. Used to go either there or LoTW every winter, sometimes both. I think we are going to start going every year again.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah glenn, laugh it up buddy, thats irony and hypocrasy at its best. lmao R O pay no mind to smurf.  for he knows not what he dose. it was a tough bite on red this weekend. we wen outa rogers. managed a limit, but it was a hard fought limit that my wife caught. i caught the two smaller.ones.  she'd check me into boards for the rattle,  lol, had an awsome time nun the less
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Been a tough year overall by Red's standards. I would have to say Mille Lacs has been way better this year. You need to have a little better handle on what you're doing on Mille Lacs though, it's not just a slaughter like Red has been the last few years.
I've been your age, you never been mine!

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah glenn, laugh it up buddy, thats irony and hypocrasy at its best. lmao R O pay no mind to smurf.  for he knows not what he dose. it was a tough bite on red this weekend. we wen outa rogers. managed a limit, but it was a hard fought limit that my wife caught. i caught the two smaller.ones.  she'd check me into boards for the rattle,  lol, had an awsome time nun the less
We went out of Rogers. Rented from an outfit that goes through there. Were you part of that Ice Castle owners group that they had there over the weekend. Sounds like you need hockey gear on when your fishing with your wife.  :rotflmao: Guy at rogers said there was going to be over 1,000 Ice castles out there. One of the guys in our group sets the trips up all the time so when we were packing up to leave Thursday morning I suggested may be trying Cookies next year. We'll see what happens.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
not just because hes a good freind but because i believe hes the hardest working guys on that lake, has the greatest houses, and will do alot for his customers. definatley give cookie a call. I was part of the ICOG group but we were well away from them, the key to red is fresh ice that hasnt be hit, and away from people. I see lower limits comeing for red. I cant see how it can sustain whats going on there. its insain.
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Keep in mind this report is from someone that might be considered a fisherman in his own mind. Four of us fished Upper Red from 1:00 PM Tuesday until 9:00 AM Thursday. We managed to catch a total of 2 jumbo perch. Sad catch but what the heck, we had a fun time anyway. We figured it had been 15 years since we were last up there. Used to go either there or LoTW every winter, sometimes both. I think we are going to start going every year again.

This just can't be right? Did you guy try moving around at all? Or using bait, or putting your beers down long enough to put your rods in the water?  confused-3316.gif
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what fun is that?
78.50"

• Master Outdoorsman

This just can't be right? Did you guy try moving around at all? Or using bait, or putting your beers down long enough to put your rods in the water?  confused-3316.gif
No we were not mobile. We were stuck in the fish house we rented. The booze was flowing but if you knew how we fish I don't think that had any impact on our results.  burp-402.gif Even when we were sleeping(passed out),  :tequila; we still had 7 rattle reels baited and in the water. The eighth hole didn't have one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If you go again rent from cookie. When we rented from him he eagerly moved us when the fish didn't cooperate!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn, again the best to you tomorrow!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman