Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Two lines on open water  (Read 3975 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee got me on this subject with his license increase thread.  I lived in Stillwater for 15 years or so and got to use 2 lines on the St. Croix.  It was great for catfishing and trolling crankbaits.  One could use 2 different colors of cranks to see which one worked the best.  I have always wanted to fish with 2 lines all summer long.  I would also pay $10 or whatever it takes to add it to my license.  A limit is still a limit so I don't see the problem with 2 lines.  What do you guys think.  Maybe we can make it happen....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Some days it would be nice to have 2 lines going. Sitting on the dock casting with one and watching a bobber.  Or out in the boat. In my mind with all the electronics taking the work out of finding fish, sometimes it's hard to keep up with 1 let alone 2. But your right, a limit is a limit.   :fish2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree, there are times.  besides what is the difference between summer and winter?
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
In Pennsylvania we can have 3 lines out in soft water and 5 for ice fishing with no restrictions of the number of hooks per line.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
2 lines open water I'd seldom use UNLESS I,m fishin cats on the Minnesota river. I often wished I could use 2 one for flats an 1 for channels.Once its dark I would love to dangel 2 10-12 inch bullheads fer the bigguns!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Dew where do you fish the kitties on the Minn??

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
in da water!!! face_plant-2139.gif :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Between Franklin and Granitefalls,Mostly closer to Granitefalls Renville county parks and some walk in places,always 3 overnighters tues to Thurs when the people have to work an I dont!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH!!! :coffee: don't bother me one way or another. I catch my share with one line! :happy1: :dancinred: if it becomes law I'd probably do it occasionally, but I ain't paying extra to do it. I think charging an additional fee is  :bs: :bs:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent areas, I grew fishing the cats in the 60's down by Mankato area.  caught some dandies back then!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
in da water!!! face_plant-2139.gif :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

only you or Reb!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Don't lump me in with that mushroom hugger! My kitties weren't the same ones you guys are yacking about, anyway!  :evil: ;)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
In Wisconsin where I do most of my fishing we are allowed 3 lines. It can improve your search time immensely when it comes to anchor type fishing or drift fishing. This allows you to eliminate areas relatively prompt. You may call it a bit of run and gun fishing although I usually give each spot an allotted time before I bug out. Now when I fish in MN I rarely anchor since I prefer exclusively to very slowly back troll. I wouldn't even want to use 2 rods to back troll if I'm alone (even if it was allowed). I love to focus my complete attention to that one rod when slow back trolling. I never miss a tick, bump, or pick up no second rod distractions. tut_tut-3315.gif
« Last Edit: February 02/26/17, 04:46:48 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't lump me in with that mushroom hugger! My kitties weren't the same ones you guys are yacking about, anyway!  :evil: ;)

oh for crying out loud, the NL are "kitties now!!  I just don't know what to think about this!!  if it works for you, I'm Happy!!

:rotflmao: :laughroll: :clap:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:the neighbor kitties!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see it quite often on the lake we fish. We've even had the local CO tell the lake assoc. that of all the violations he sees on the lake, using 2 lines probably leads the pack.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
MEH!!! :coffee: don't bother me one way or another. I catch my share with one line! :happy1: :dancinred: if it becomes law I'd probably do it occasionally, but I ain't paying extra to do it. I think charging an additional fee is  :bs: :bs:
glenn this law would designed around you. you need all the help uu can, if i were yu id petetion for 4 lines. just up the odds. :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bs: :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you putz. How soon you forget who carried you up on red last winter! face_plant-2139.gif :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the idea of two lines. Paying extra no so much. 10 bucks I would buy the extra line.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net