Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: email hyjacked  (Read 15223 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, new question.  why has my email that I use been hy-jacked from here.  I'm getting 100,s of email notifications from some thing I wanted to read.  only they are posts.  I enjoy this site but dang what a pain in the back side.. hope someone one can help me.  thanks!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
HUH??!! Not following that.... You mean PM's??   HD!! Where are ya!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/02/17, 07:53:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats happend to me before to, id get emaild stat that someone hadnreplied to a post. happend alot.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is it and they are old ones too,  i just don't get it. :scratch:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah not sure why it that happens. i havent had the emial.i started on the forum with up and running for sometime so i havent seen them for awhile
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm far from a puter wiz but is it something you clicked when you set up your account. Sine have a setting that notifies you when someone replies to your post??! :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nope went thru that, yes I did once awhile ago, but I changer it.  so this is where I'm confused.  if there a setting I missed I'd sure like to know!!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Been getting them too guys. My account is pushing 10 years old and never had a problem before now. Old replies. Some I get right away. Some I never get. And then some show up long after the reply. Like a month or more old.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/17, 08:20:09 PM by Auggie »
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, are you guys getting E-MAILS on your E-mail acct (google, yahoo, etc) or getting PM's on here? Or Notifications OF PM's on here on your E-mail?????

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by MN RACK ATTACK.

View the reply at: http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=34428.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by using this link: http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?action=notify;topic=34428.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports Team.

this is what I get, that's all I can say.  No PM's at all.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh...! That's a topic notification......not sure on THIS site how it works, but on other sites, go into yer post/thread notifications, and "uncheck" the "notify of new replies" box..... welcome!  :laugh:

Here it is!! Go to yer "profile", "account setting", and "notifications", uncheck box...(turn notifications off) this is it:  (box is where I put asterisk)

Looks like this, guys:

Profile Info
Modify Profile
Tinyportal
SMF allows you to be notified of replies to posts, newly posted topics, and forum announcements. You can change those settings here, or oversee the topics and boards you are currently receiving notifications for.

Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
 When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

*For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:   

*For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of: 
Save settings
« Last Edit: March 03/02/17, 08:46:21 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea what day Reb guy said. What I mean!! :happy1:

Man dat Reb us one smart cookie!! face_plant-2139.gif :rotflmao: :coffee: pouty-1023.gif

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked: A compliment from GLENN??!  QUICK!! GET ME DA SMELLING SALTS!!! HURRY!!  :rotflmao:   :taz:

But he right. Glenn purty smart too.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 03/02/17, 08:49:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well?! Did that do it, Mikey?????? confused-3316.gif

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
I have an email notification when somebody replies to a post or a pm. Use to have it for when I was once a mod for the taxidermy section. I'm just wondering why the email comes a month or more after the actual reply sometimes? Not a huge deal, but sometimes they come right away, sometimes they don't.
Kinda like the picture rotation. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Nothing to do with how the picture is taken. At least from what I've tried.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/17, 09:35:08 PM by Auggie »
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
My email for this site is minnesotaoutdoorsman@budwieser.com and I have never checked it since becoming a member here.  I'm guessing Reb has the right idea though.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:shocked: A compliment from GLENN??!  QUICK!! GET ME DA SMELLING SALTS!!! HURRY!!  :rotflmao:   :taz:

But he right. Glenn purty smart too.  ;D
yea I had a weak moment!! confused-3316.gif :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You can turn those notifications off in your profile.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here Mike.  I just started getting them in the last couple of weeks.  Sometimes 10 at a time.  Usually a month old.  I tried to turn it off but didn't do it right obviously.  I will try according to the new info on here.   Thanks

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here Mike.  I just started getting them in the last couple of weeks.  Sometimes 10 at a time.  Usually a month old.  I tried to turn it off but didn't do it right obviously.  I will try according to the new info on here.   Thanks

mine started about two weeks ago too.  HD I have nothing in my profile saying I want notifications.  I don't know what to do.  162 emails from here this morning all ready.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh...! That's a topic notification......not sure on THIS site how it works, but on other sites, go into yer post/thread notifications, and "uncheck" the "notify of new replies" box..... welcome!  :laugh:

Here it is!! Go to yer "profile", "account setting", and "notifications", uncheck box...(turn notifications off) this is it:  (box is where I put asterisk)

Looks like this, guys:

Profile Info
Modify Profile
Tinyportal
SMF allows you to be notified of replies to posts, newly posted topics, and forum announcements. You can change those settings here, or oversee the topics and boards you are currently receiving notifications for.

Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
 When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

*For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:   

*For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of: 
Save settings

DID I POST THIS HELP FOR PEOPLE LAST NITE THAT NO ONE WANTS TO READ, OR WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?   confused-3316.gif

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hold up Reb, read that and checked all that last night.  all seems correct to me so I should not get them but I'm getting them again.  up to 187 today so far.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh sh**!  WTH??!!  Has to be a setting on here, somehow......guess HD needs to do some checking. How long has this been doing it? Did it do it before the site changes were made awhile back??

Mike; try this with your computer browser under "setting", "notifications"...this is for Chrome...that will block any and ALL notifications, be aware.

Allow or block notifications from all sites

Windows and Mac

On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More (tools on some)  and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
Under "Privacy," click Content settings.
Under "Notifications," choose one of the following:
Allow all sites to show notifications: You’ll automatically see notifications from all websites.
Ask when a site wants to show notifications: You’ll get an alert from Chrome whenever a site wants to show you notifications. This is the default setting.
Do not allow any site to show notifications: You won’t see any notifications from websites.
You can also block any sites, apps, and extensions that already have permission to send you notifications. Just click Manage exceptions.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/17, 08:35:33 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
went into settings but did not see notifications.  have to look more I guess, not very good at these things I guess.

ok found what I need in settings.  only thing this site was not in the list?  I'll have too type it in or just block every thing!! 

but I still think it's from the site it self with the other folks getting them too!!
« Last Edit: March 03/03/17, 09:04:07 AM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
went into settings but did not see notifications.  have to look more I guess, not very good at these things I guess.

ok found what I need in settings.  only thing this site was not in the list?  I'll have too type it in or just block every thing!! 

but I still think it's from the site it self with the other folks getting them too!!
i'm not.........but it must be my clean living and good behavior!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Could be!!! just wanted to help ya out. Try typing in this site...see what happens... :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

i'm not.........but it must be my clean living and good behavior!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Aaaah ahhhhhhh... ah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

every one has to have a dream!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: