Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ATV battery question  (Read 13792 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey were u get glenns senior picture?

Same place I got the pic of him and his cousin... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hmmmmm......i sense a wee bit of hostility here!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: now, do i smite boar, or reb, or mike??????????? confused-3316.gif face_plant-2139.gif :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Boar. He started all this again, and ran off. He's hiding behind his scootie-poo.   :evil:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Why not all the above, glenn? You got me nailed dew2, but my handle here is the same as what I used on FM. We must have 8-10 of those HF float chargers around as they are on sale often & come in handy.
« Last Edit: March 03/20/17, 04:22:08 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 confused-3316.gif confused-3316.gif
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Any luck, 57? :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Any luck, 57? :scratch:
havent done anything yet...........right now not high on the priority list. it starts so when i replace the battery i'll get it rolling.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Smurfs are busy little fellas.  ;D

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, he's so busy ;) that he didn't even notice that Boar found his stash. :laugh: Boar said he used a bunch of 'shrooms  in his au jus  last night.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good point, Gunner!! I got a pic of it this morning... ;)
« Last Edit: March 03/21/17, 09:01:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ohboy..................here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tut_tut-3315.gif tut_tut-3315.gif face_plant-2139.gif face_plant-2139.gif :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 confused-3316.gif :scratch:
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
confused-3316.gif :scratch:
:scratch: :scratch: :doah: so NOW WHAT are you confused about????????????? but then again............... we understand!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he gave up.... ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he gave up.... ;)
MORE LIKE OLE BOARSTER IS STUMPED!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Seen those maintainers advertised & they're kinda spendy, $40-$50. Just take it over to dew2 & he'll fix ya up right, for cheap. He knows what you need & it will give you an excuse to go see him. :happy1: We leave 1 of our cheap($5) Harbor Freight " float chargers on both pcs of snow movin  equipment when we go home for the holidays.
The extra $40-$50 isn't so bad if it keeps your battery going a few more years Gunner. I just replaced a battery on my old 2000 JD mower last summer. It was the original! Always ran a maintainer on it. Hard to believe but true. My 2012 JD mower is on its second battery I believe. I just bought the machine little over a year ago and it had been replaced already. When I buy a new battery this spring a maintainer will be purchased the same day. Just my $.02, I'm a believer in them
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Basically we're doing the same with the HF chargers, just < $. We've been doing it that way for quite awhile too. It doesn't hurt that on all ours, it's easy to get at the batteries so we don't need a harness hooked up to them all the time. I agree though, keepin a low amp charger on them will help extend the life of your batteries. We keep all our batteries at the lake on them all winter, so there's no need to haul them back & forth anymore.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i agree with the maintainers. my old bike cam with a conector wired in , i also keep a 6 am maintai.er on my castle battery. factory one couldnt keep up with my usage.so.wen i left the bat froze at partial.charge
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They will really extended batt life. It's the charging/depleting cycles that kill a battery. Maintaining it at a proper level will make a huge difference on the life span.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our chargers are only 500 ma but they seem to fit what we need. After we pull them, we check the water levels & put them on a conventional charger. Before we leave they then go on the float chargers that are hooked up to a power strip in the heated garage & don't have to worry about them again until spring. We're usually messin with 6-8  maybe as many as 10 batteries.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy buzzin batman. since the weather was crappy and not much on the agenda for at home i decided to stop at fleet farm last nite to see what i could find out what i find with the wheeler battery and battery tender harness.

they dont have the harness but holy...shi! the ATV batteries are spendy, there reference book listed 2 batteries, 1 was 80 bucks and there premium battery was 105 bucks...............YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

theres a NAPA just up the road here so a little trip will be in store for later!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's exactly why ya want a battery tender, munchkin.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's exactly why ya want a battery tender, munchkin.
i've used the battery tender for years!!!!!!!! the machine is a 2008 and this will be the first battery replacement.............the battery is a b i t c h to get at and thats why i want an extension so to speak.

we have a kodiak by yamahammer and dont think that battery has ever been replaced. and thats older then you!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ohhhhh......excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!!!!   :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn boy!! When I was at Menard's the other day, they had Exide ATV batts on sale...not sure how much...big display of them!

PS...they're $65...
« Last Edit: March 03/24/17, 09:37:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn boy!! When I was at Menard's the other day, they had Exide ATV batts on sale...not sure how much...big display of them!

PS...they're $65...
hmmm may have to check them out!!!!!!! never thought much of menards as a auto place. everytime i looked at something for my vehicles there i was way less then impressed!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
At that price, doubt if they're AGM, which is what ya want. Gotta watch those tricky places!  :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We just replaced ours last fall & bought it online for ~ $75 -$80. Your Can AM dealer probably has them, ;) might be $125 though

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sheez.......i didnt think this was going to be a major undertaking!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: just went to the NAPA in elk river, they dont have a battery tender harness. the guy says you need to make one up!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

so i google it, looks pretty simple.......looks like there's a fuse in the harness the rest is some fittings to attach to the battery and trickle charger.

i hate ordering online.............so the search continues!!!!! :doah: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Try a place that sells just batteries, one of those big battery stores....bet THEY could order ya one. Also, call some of the motorcycle shops, those places have them. I don't know why the Can-am dealer wouldn't have one or couldn't order ya one either... :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/24/17, 03:02:51 PM by Rebel SS »