Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ATV battery question  (Read 13882 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
if there is one thing i dont like about bombadier  products is where they put there batteries. seems like they put them in one of the hardest places to get at.

anywho..............question, i'm going to be replacing the battery in it this summer, its a 2008 and will be the first battery replaced on it. since its so damn difficult to get a charger clip on the positive post i would like to put a pigtail..........or whatever there called to extend the connections out. i looked at the fleet farm in alexandria and couldnt find anything.

do they make such a thing?????? where would i find them???? what is i invented/manufactured my own, think all i would need is one to the positive post.

any ideas.................suggestions!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't do it. Bad idea.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't do it. Bad idea.
  I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WHERE BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why would that be????????? you have no idea how hard it is to get a charger hooked up to that positive post!!!!!!! :bs: :surrender: training-087 :banghead:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they do make them for many different uses, H-D has them for winter storage to keep them charged because of all the electronics on them now days,
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
In front of the speedometer, under the front rack on ours. 1 panel to snap out. Just replaced ours last season & had some trouble finding the right size. Almost as much $ as 1 for a car. Don't know why you couldn't put 1 on it as long as you have a way to make sure it doesn't short out or ground itself when your not using it. You might ask them at your favorite local auto parts store. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't do it. Bad idea.
  I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WHERE BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why would that be????????? you have no idea how hard it is to get a charger hooked up to that positive post!!!!!!! :bs: :surrender: training-087 :banghead:
I misread the post...  Go to yer local NAPA or good parts store, they're out there. They attach on top of yer regular cable, and have a plug-in end, if that's what you mean.You can also just pick up a cable from a junked one (cut it off) and solder then shrink wrap whatever terminal end you need on it.....
« Last Edit: March 03/20/17, 08:50:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the ones I have seen are quick connect plug ins, like a trailer plug in

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK so go to an auto parts store..........got it. i'll take a look !!!!!!!! thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
About the same thing on my Marcum flasher, just a 2 prong snap together plug in, similar to a trailer harness. Like Reb said the wires off a old charger / maintainer would work to make your own. Just have to put different ends on it & shrink tape/ liquid tape it up. Personally, I would look for 1 that was made for this 1st & hope it wasn't too much $

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You may want to look at installing a maintainer. It would hook to the battery post and you would need to install the unit somewhere semi protected, like the tool box, then you just need to plug it in. We did this on the low use units where I worked. It works good as long as they get plugged in when done.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You may want to look at installing a maintainer. It would hook to the battery post and you would need to install the unit somewhere semi protected, like the tool box, then you just need to plug it in. We did this on the low use units where I worked. It works good as long as they get plugged in when done.
i was thinking that also, when i do hook a charger up to it its usually a trickle charger anyway so not sure then???????? thanks though ray....i am still thinkin that one!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that,s exactly what is on the Harly could not think of the word "maintainer". it's all you need!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 I got boxes of 12V wire an attachments.Need a pigtail for a charger,Bring the battery cables down I have the rest.Need the cables to solder the pigtail to then shrink wrap.Then install a plug M/F to charger.
« Last Edit: March 03/20/17, 10:01:38 AM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I put a battery tender on mine (hard wired),same with the boat,most guyz I know that have bikes do the same.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man so many  good ideas!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen those maintainers advertised & they're kinda spendy, $40-$50. Just take it over to dew2 & he'll fix ya up right, for cheap. He knows what you need & it will give you an excuse to go see him. :happy1: We leave 1 of our cheap($5) Harbor Freight " float chargers on both pcs of snow movin  equipment when we go home for the holidays.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hey glenn, just wire in a.maintianer port.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He needs something wired in.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats why chose the word wired. hence wire in....see glennu need a tender port wired in.
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen those maintainers advertised & they're kinda spendy, $40-$50. Just take it over to dew2 & he'll fix ya up right, for cheap. He knows what you need & it will give you an excuse to go see him. :happy1: We leave 1 of our cheap($5) Harbor Freight " float chargers on both pcs of snow movin  equipment when we go home for the holidays.
Thanks fer the faith! those harborfreight float chargers are GREAT for their purpose an the cost is so low incomparison to anyothers that do exactly the same thing.
  One thing tho you changed yer handle from a bird to   what you use now. I know Ioweagions spelling is challenged>>>>>!GUNTER pronounced Goonter) from Winnona Mn. in Grumpy old men aint spelled as you spelled it. Aint it weird if while registering you misspell yerhandle you cant go back an change it??EH? GUNTER
« Last Edit: March 03/20/17, 02:48:52 PM by dew2 »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
a tender port wired in.
OH OOH boar wants to hard wire glenns tender port.Oh MY!! OH my tut_tut-3315.gif sleazy-422.gif sleazy-422.gif

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
shhhhhhhh, hes was gonna let me do it.....
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: training-087 :banghead: yo guys are really sic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pouty-1023.gif doofus-2124.gif crazy-2239.gif :rotflmao:

and there ya go again........... :offtopic: :offtopic: :banghead: :banghead:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes maybe we all are "but" you just ask for it!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh the hypocrocy is flowing fromnthe king of OFF TOPIC.  :rotflmao:
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bow: :bs: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hey were u get glenns senior picture?
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
alright you.............you................you...........#$%^&^%^&*!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Same place I got the pic of him and his cousin... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: