Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bacon  (Read 21384 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Cubs has Farmland bacon 16 oz. for 3.99 each starting tomorrow through next Wend.   good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
O boy, Farmland! Thanks, RH! Might have to break down and go back in there..... :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT, prices are going up on slabs....noboyno. good thing I cold smoked while I could.  Store bought works,  but sure is more funner to make your own.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT, prices are going up on slabs....noboyno. good thing I cold smoked while I could.  Store bought works,  but sure is more funner to make your own.

And gooder, too!  :tongue:  ;D

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Sounds like I should charge more than a $1 a lb live weight for my squealers this next go around...
But I won't. I get a $1 if the price is high or low. Been that price for years.
Glad I don't buy pork in the store, nothing comes close to a dirt raised heritage breed for taste or quality......should have 4 ready to butcher in about 6 weeks and 10 more just about ready to wean off momma that will be ready this fall. And 2 someplace in between
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the way you are going with your pork!! :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fareway has their thick sliced smoked in the butcher section slab bacon on sale for $3.99 lb....ya, I bought some... ;)
« Last Edit: May 05/04/17, 07:22:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've heard Fairway is a great place for meats - and it's affordable.  Closest one to me is in Owatonna which is about an hour.  My wife is from there and works in Faribault, so she does swing in there from time-to-time.  When she does go, she always seems to have good things to say about the meat selection.  Starting to see a few more pop-up around here.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fareway is great. Have two of the butchers (and one is the meat mgr) that are now buddies that work there. IMO, it's the best reasonable priced meat in this town.  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon