Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Opening Day.  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
Opening day is just two weeks away!!! :happy1:

I'll be fishing with my two middle aged kids and their kids. ;)
With any luck the weather will allow my son and I to go out for the midnight trolling action.
Nothing better than fresh walleyes with scrambled eggs for that opening day breakfast. :fish2:

Have a great opener all, I know I will. :happy1:

"Ace"  :cool:

"It's just fishing man"  :scratch:
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
Check us out on facebook.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Opening day is just two weeks away!!! :happy1:

I'll be fishing with my two middle aged kids and their kids. ;)
With any luck the weather will allow my son and I to go out for the midnight trolling action.
Nothing better than fresh walleyes with scrambled eggs for that opening day breakfast. :fish2:

Have a great opener all, I know I will. :happy1:

"Ace"  :cool:

"It's just fishing man"  :scratch:

My plans (as of now) we will  be taking a trip, this summer, to Vermilion to see you.....  :happy1:
Thanks, for the reports!

HD
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey dad................can i come with!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
hey dad................can i come with!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

If you buy the 🍺 (and it's not Coors light) then yes, you can tag along.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

If you buy the 🍺 (and it's not Coors light) then yes, you can tag along.
Hmmm :scratch: :scratch:not quite the answer I thought I,d get! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Caught him off guard HD :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
Sounds like the weather won't be to bad for opening weekend in the northland, lets hope the weather man is right for a change. :rotflmao:

Have a great opener everybody :happy1:

"Ace" :cool:
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone else gonna brave the crowds this saturday??????????? not me!!!!! although there's a little lake not far from home i may try. i'll drive by it without the boat first to see how busy it is. hearsay is lots of little snot rockets in it and i need more picklin stock!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone else gonna brave the crowds this saturday??????????? not me!!!!! although there's a little lake not far from home i may try. i'll drive by it without the boat first to see how busy it is. hearsay is lots of little snot rockets in it and i need more picklin stock!!!!!!!!!!!
  just bring the dang boat wit ya, that is if ma is wit to back it in for ya    :rotflmao:. Me I'll be out fighting the crowds as usual, no big deal.  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya.  The wife and I are going to at least go out for awhile.   Maybe a morning try and an afternoon try.  We have had some great catches some openers and some not so hot but still a blast to give it a try.  No way an all day thing.  Just an hour or two depending on how much action there is.  Sort of like Rebs neighborhood.  How much action is the key words...   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  just bring the dang boat wit ya, that is if ma is wit to back it in for ya    :rotflmao:. Me I'll be out fighting the crowds as usual, no big deal.  :happy1:
no way I cant deal with that many people and close encounters. glenn gets wayyyyyyyyyyy to frustrated when someone casts into your boat!!!!!!! face_plant-2139.gif face_plant-2139.gif :mad1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not going to be able to get back up to God's country until the Monday after. Just take a chill pill, 57 ;)  That or empty a couple of those union beers out that big fishin cooler ya got :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
haha.......if it was up to MA to back it in we'd be out deer hunting by the tome it was done!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not going to be able to get back up to God's country until the Monday after. Just take a chill pill, 57 ;)  That or empty a couple of those union beers out that big fishin cooler ya got :laugh:
naw.......its just better health wise if i stay on dry land this weekend!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I know :happy1:, haven't fished the Opener very often either. 1st trip of the year, when I was still working was usually Memorial Day week. Now when I can go just about whenever I want, I just don't care for all the people.Typically I don't usually fish a lot on weekends either, for the same reason

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is how I fish too gunner,  don't need the clowns around.  go when I want to.
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
Fortunately there are lots of places on Vermilion where you won't even see another boat. Hope you all have a great day. :fish2:

"Ace" :cool:

"It's just fishing man" :happy1:
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.