Recent

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hummingbird birds  (Read 7024 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 291
  • Likes Given: 194
Been awhile since I seen one but my feeder with home maid nector is almost gone so they must be around mid day?,I'm told some hummer's hang around until freezeup.

Side note,monachs have showed big time lately,had a couple dozen hangin on my tree's lately.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:18:40 AM by snow1 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2972
  • Likes Given: 2432
Just checked back in my columns and noted the hummers were last seen at our feeders Sept. 29th last year & the 30th the year before. In town sometimes the gal at the grocery store I compare bird watching notes with will see them a few days longer than we do. She told me recently about putting more jelly out for the orioles. Her 3 years old granddaughter was convinced there was a dimple out of what was still in the dish. Never argue with 3 year-olds when it comes to filling bird feeders she said.  :laugh:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gosh my orioles are long gone by mid summer here in central minn.

can you see the young oriole? perfect camoflage

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:18:06 AM by snow1 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2972
  • Likes Given: 2432
Saw no hummingbirds this a.m. at the feeders.  :sad: Doesn't necessarily mean they're not around as snow said previously. Have seen them show up after a day or so missing them in the morning. Still plenty of clean nectar in the feeders and flowers for them to feed on.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well its been a couple weeks,no hummer's and full nector feeder's so maybe its time to pull em,one more week as temps will rise again next week,but got a feeling they bugged out,hoping for some migrators to stop bye,monarchs are gone too,watched 100's of night hawks migrate the other evening all heading south bobbing and weaving as they went.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 576
  • Likes Given: 132
Roger the chasing.    I see all those pictures of feeders with multiple hummers on them.     I never have more than one, and that one will hang around to chase off any others...  And it is like that all summer.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2822
  • Likes Given: 6704
Oops.  I see some on my feeder is frozen.  Today is the day for them to come down.  I may take the screens off the windows today too.  Then we can see outside better during the winter months. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1985
  • Likes Given: 2070
so is the bird bath here..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!