Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: timberwolves  (Read 1065 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just read that the wolves are seriously looking at a trade for this Irving from cleveland, but it may cost the wolves Andrew Wiggins!!! to that i'd say hell no!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm on the fence, but "In Tibs I Trust."

If Tibs pulls the trigger, it will be because he doesn't believe Wiggins will turn into a defensive start in the foreseeable future.  He'll be trading one up-and-coming offensive-minded player for one who is already there.  Butler knows how to work, Irving is clutch and knows how to win, and Towns is still projected to be an all-NBA top superstar.  That sounds like a pretty good team on paper.

And I also worry if there would/will be enough room on the team for Wiggins and Towns when it comes time for their 2nd contracts.  I thought we had the beginnings of a dynasty with Garnett and Marbury, but you remember what an ego can do there.  Wiggins was a #1 overall pick.  Do you think he'd take any less than the max for his next contract?  If the Wolves offered that, would there still be enough room to resign Towns?

Actually, they way things are going in the NBA, with the best players preferring short contracts to gain flexibility in movement, I think you have to take a guy when you can get him.  Win today, because there are no guarantees tomorrow.

I'm just happy the Woofies are finally relevant again.