Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Outrage over Kaepernick  (Read 10621 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just heard on KFAN that is is the Ravens owner that is hesitant to have Kaperoscopy on the team.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am thinking they would rather have a colonoscopy than a Kapernoscopy.  They have another mess on their hands.  Bad for the Ravens.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't say that. I can't eat tomorrow becuz I get my Kaepernoscopy Friday morning.... :moon:
Wonder how Joey feels? He's been one of my favorite QB's for years.
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 05:26:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
suck it up Rebster!!  I agree with LPS!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well who don't?!  Go play with yer smurf toyz!  :moon:   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 07:45:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well who don't?!  Go play with yer smurf toyz!  :moon:   :rotflmao:

have no idea of what you could mean by that?????   nothing smurf around here!!!!!

so go play with the NL!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:reporter; Report: Dolphins have discussed Kaepernick with Tannehill hurt.

Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

:coffee: ...
 Colin Kaepernick has another potential suitor after Ryan Tannehill went down in practice. With another starting quarterback having suffered an injury during training camp, we have yet another team that is reportedly exploring the possibility of signing Colin Kaepernick.

ESPN’s Josina Anderson reports that Miami Dolphins front office executives have discussed bringing in Kaepernick in the event that they end up needing insurance for Ryan Tannehill, who suffered a knee injury on Thursday.

Tannehill limped off the practice field after suffering a non-contact injury to his left knee — the same knee in which he tore his ACL late last year. While the Dolphins are awaiting the results of an MRI, a video of the injury caused a lot of concern and the team is reportedly bracing for the worst.

Kaepernick, of course, remains a free agent as speculation grows that NFL teams have blackballed him. He has most recently been linked to the Baltimore Ravens in the wake of Joe Flacco’s back injury, but one report claims ownership does not want to bring in the 29-year-old.
« Last Edit: August 08/03/17, 07:25:29 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, that would be something if the owner's black-balling eventually forced Kaepernick out of the league.  I just heard one sports-talking-head say Jay Cutler was a better fit for the Dolphins than Kaepernick.

The NFL will just suspend players for DWI, doing drugs, or beating up people, but the message is they better keep their personal politics off the televised broadcasts.

There is always a handful of QB's that go down every year.  It seems to be only a matter of time til one team caves in and signs C.K.  I s'pose it all depends on who their back-up is.

Stay tooned.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
God forbid he should ever go where used up QB's go...the broadcast booth.   :doah:  :censored:

Wait; the headset wouldn't fit over all that hair. :afro:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/17, 09:51:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
God forbid he should ever go where used up QB's go...the broadcast booth.   :doah:  :censored:

Wait; the headset wouldn't fit over all that hair. :afro:

Don't know if he would last in da broadcast booth. He's way to opinionated and might slip up with some unacceptable comment. :doah: As far as da headset goes, he won't need one. That's because he never listens to anyone else no how! :bonk:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know if he would last in da broadcast booth. He's way to opinionated and might slip up with some unacceptable comment.

Case in point...  This just in from ESPN.com:
Kaepernick could be a good fit for the Dolphins...  However, the support Kaepernick has shown for former Cuban dictator Fidel Castro could be a deal breaker in Miami, where a large population of Cuban exiles remains fervently anti-Castro.

Please, someone give me a context where it makes sense to support Castro.  This idiot doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know if he would last in da broadcast booth. He's way to opinionated and might slip up with some unacceptable comment.

Case in point...  This just in from ESPN.com:
Kaepernick could be a good fit for the Dolphins...  However, the support Kaepernick has shown for former Cuban dictator Fidel Castro could be a deal breaker in Miami, where a large population of Cuban exiles remains fervently anti-Castro.

Please, someone give me a context where it makes sense to support Castro.  This idiot doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut!

How about I point out the problem, in big letters:

"This idiot doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut!"    ;)
« Last Edit: August 08/04/17, 01:17:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   Fans launch petition to boycott NFL if Kaepernick remains unsigned. :bonk:

:coffee: .....
A group of fans who believe Colin Kaepernick is being blackballed by the NFL have launched a petition threatening to boycott the league if he isn't signed to a roster this season.
The Change.org petition, titled #NoKaepernickNoNFL, has received more than 31,000 signatures as of Saturday afternoon.

:blablabla: ......
"We understand (the) NFL is very important to you. We also understand the purpose of Colin Kaepernick's protest is FAR more important than any games you will ever watch," the petition reads. "Simply put, if things stay the same for the way America - where 'all men are created equal' - treats people of color, then your loved ones, friends, and children will eventually be affected as well."

In addition to not watching any NFL games, the petition also asks supporters to avoid making social media comments about their favorite teams and not to purchase merchandise that represents the league or its teams until Kaepernick is signed. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:thumbs:      :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
« Last Edit: August 08/06/17, 06:09:53 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm starting a petition to rename colonoscopy's  Kaepernoscopy's,  then ban them. Sign up or tweet at #updabutt.
« Last Edit: August 08/06/17, 09:20:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea like a boycott of the NFL is gonna happen! :crazy: I didn't agree to what he did but to blackball him is stupid. There where alot off other players that did the same thing and there not getting blackballed.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking it is not an official black ball issue but a lack of desire to have a loud mouth join your team and get everyone all stirred up.  Man that could ruin a teams chemistry in a hurry.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I loved how he played.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking it is not an official black ball issue but a lack of desire to have a loud mouth join your team and get everyone all stirred up.  Man that could ruin a teams chemistry in a hurry.

I agree that I don't think that all the owners and league officials got together on a conference call to black ball him.

However, I think "The League" has a common understanding that they wish to send a message to players to keep their personal politics off the televised broadcasts of games.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

I agree that I don't think that all the owners and league officials got together on a conference call to black ball him.

However, I think "The League" has a common understanding that they wish to send a message to players to keep their personal politics off the televised broadcasts of games.

:bonk: There you boys go again interjecting common sense into the topic. :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Miami got out of taking Colon by taking Cutler...  Man that could go sour too. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                  Giants owner: "Colin Kaepernick will be on NFL roster this season"

Fans of Colin Kaepernick should be comforted by the words of New York Giants co-owner John Mara.
Mara was a guest on “The Michael Kay Show” on ESPN New York’s 98.7 Tuesday and was asked about Kaepernick, who is a free agent. Mara said he thinks Kaepernick will end up on an NFL roster this season.

“I think he still has some good football left in him. I agree with that,” Mara said on The Michael Kay Show. “But obviously there are other issues that go along with him. Is he willing to sit as a backup behind a starter? What’s that going to do with your locker room, your quarterback room, with your offensive room?”

Those are all questions many people have been asking when it comes to Kaepernick. Another question some have been wondering is whether the free agent QB is being blackballed by the league. Mara says that’s not the case.

“Absolutely not. Anybody who thinks there has been any conversations going on among teams about Colin Kaepernick is crazy,” Mara said. “That just is not the case. I saw a quote, I think it was [Dolphins owner] Steve Ross in Miami said recently: ‘Teams want to win so badly that if they believe a player can help them win, they are going to bring them on.’

“And I think there are certain issues that go along with Colin Kaepernick, and that may have scared some teams away. But there is absolutely no blackball going on here. I just don’t see that at all.”

The Baltimore Ravens were the most recent team to seriously discuss adding Kaepernick. They acknowledged they were checking fan and sponsor reaction before making such a drastic move.

Perhaps the best chance Kaepernick will have of joining an NFL team will come when a team loses its starter and has to turn to an ill-equipped backup. At that point they may decide that Kaepernick is worth signing. Until then, teams are showing that they’d rather have a QB who provides fewer distractions.
« Last Edit: August 08/09/17, 06:44:34 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess what... Tim Tebow couldn't get a QB job either because of all the distractions associated with the media circus that followed him around.
  (Personally I never understood the unending, relentless fascination people had for Tebow to justify all the coverage.)

Certainly Tebow was better than many or most of the back-up and third string QBs that were on rosters.  (The same argument people are making for Kaepernick.)

Was Tebow blackballed?  I doubt it.  But it does go to show you that NFL teams won't take risks unless the talent of the player outweighs the potential for distraction and conflict.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Tebow should have tried out as a running back.  He was and still is a class act!

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, another class act...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
douchebags!!!!!!! buy them a one way ticket outta da country!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: