Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer Stories and pictures - 2017 deer 5 of 5  (Read 1970 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just when you thought it was over, I come with one last deer story.  Needless to say, by this time you may have figured out that we had a great 2017 deer season.  My brother came out to the hunting cabin on Friday noon just to visit and see how things were going.  He usually hunts with us 3-5 days each season.  He said he'd be back in the morning to hunt down on "Buck Ridge" with my son.  He chose a stand that he has seen a lot of deer from in the past.  At 8 AM he saw a deer in the distance and as it got closer realize it was a buck, and a nice one at that.  Being it was straight on, he figured it would pass close for an easy shot.  Well, as often happens, the buck picked up the scent of another buck and doe that minutes before had passed to the south of his stand.  The buck changed course and trotted quartering away.  Too much brush and to many trees for a good shot but looking ahead of the deer he spotted one small opening and put the crosshairs on that spot.  When the buck moved into the crosshairs, he fired and the buck took off on a flat run indicating he was hit.  It stopped about 50 yards away with only the hind quarters visible.  Suddenly it leaped straight up on his hind legs with them going at least 2 feet off the ground.  He did this a second time, then a third at which time he crashed to the ground.  Quite a sight to be sure. 

Don't let my thumb take anything away from this buck picture.

The orange spot over my brother left shoulder is my grandson sledding down the hill.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice and congrats to you all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!