Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bird baths  (Read 8230 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
34 outside and the birdbath just filled..   blue jays are have a great time jumping in and out..  nuthatch's too!! 

tree rats are liking the water too!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
34 outside and the birdbath just filled..   blue jays are have a great time jumping in and out..  nuthatch's too!! 

:fudd: shootz'em friggin blue jays. :confused: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

nope me likes them!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well refilled the bird bath a bit ago.  got a feeling it might be the last time this year...   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the birds are liking the thawed bird bath!!! 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

nope me likes them!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
Sittin' in the late season, gray, colorless woods...  when all there is is crows, wood peckers, chickadees, nuthatches...  and all the deer seem to be in someone else's freezer...  a blue jay flying around looks pretty good.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bird bath has been frozen for weeks now, but the tree rats still check it out...  just jump on up...   well today it's thawed out completely...  just watched a tree rat jump up and into it!!  he backed off to  the edge fast!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

birds like it too!!   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just noticed the bird bath has thawed out overnight...   no birds around to get a drink, darn wind...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i gave serious thought to putting mine out recently......but with the recent forecast....i'll wait!! ya never know when theose wrens come back and need a drink!!!!!! :evil:

but then again i dont live in that warm climate like Dotch and Roony either!!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
With all yer free time you should be able to keep it filled with warm water so it doesn't freeze!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had cement ones for a long time but they would crack, so when the last one broke we got this metal one...  just sits out there year round and no issues...   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a heater on mine but didn't even plug it in this year.

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      I've got one of those cheap plastic baths. Filled the bottom with rocks and left over cement from a little project.  It works so well there was a cat sleeping in it this past weekend. I do not like cats.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.