Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Birds in the back yard  (Read 289835 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Naw he headed in the neighbors yard. Probably under his shed. I live trapped a young one 2-3 summers ago, they most certainly don't have a very good disposition!! :shocked:

Looks like I may need to dig out ole granny clampetts cookbook!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: I got a text... Some friends I have!! :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Keep doing what your doing for an early spring lps, seen a good size flock of swans today with several smaller groups of honkers.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wonder how glenn's pet possum is doing?
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I put on my tracking shoes this morning, he's doing fine 2 houses down underneath there back shed! :happy1: :mooning:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There's a skunk making the rounds out here. I should have you come & track that one. Can smell he's been in the main barn some nights when I do lamb check about 10 p.m. Prolly time to bait the live trap and see how many cats I catch before I nail the SOB. Saw another robin yesterday & heard geese flying over last night. 🌙
« Last Edit: March 03/03/23, 10:20:55 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Poppy would look eye to eye with a skunk.  May even like each other.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Poppy would look eye to eye with a skunk.  May even like each other.

:tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy is a lot like our Sheltie was in that dept. Pretty cocky for a little dog. Murphy took on a skunk one night in the front yard at potty time. Came in the house dripping with eau de skunk. Didn't get her corralled before she managed to rub against the furniture. Thank god for the Dawn/baking soda/hydrogen peroxide concoction to clean her up.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/23, 10:57:41 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Yup you don't know for sure until they get in the house, then it's too late.  And thanks to whoever came up with the skunk cleaner recipe.  Lifesaver.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats da best way ever to get rid of the smell...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's the one thing that concerns me when i set that live trap.....is catching pepe lepew!!!!!!!!!! :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/03/23, 01:14:33 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I caught one several years ago at the cabin, I had to they were trying to take over under our porch. Cat food and dog food didn't work but an egg otta the fridge worked wonders. Sooo I didn't have the seeds to walk up and cover the trap with a blanket to carry down to the lake,  so I shot it...And that sucker sprayed HUGE... :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I caught one several years ago at the cabin, I had to they were trying to take over under our porch. Cat food and dog food didn't work but an egg otta the fridge worked wonders. Sooo I didn't have the seeds to walk up and cover the trap with a blanket to carry down to the lake,  so I shot it...And that sucker sprayed HUGE... :doah:
bet your neighbors liked ya after that!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: depending on how big the trap was.....dont think they can spray if they cant pull there tail all the way up!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
More geese and red-winged blackbirds this a.m.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heard a killdeer yesterday. More robins thru here this a.m. No wrens yet but am hoping... :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/23, 09:56:15 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from: Dotch link=to=36304.msg427437#msg427437 date=1678115715
Heard a killdeer yesterday. More robins thru here this a.m. No wrens yet but am hoping... :coffee:
:pouty: :doah: :scratch: you need to quit drinkin so early........robins killdeer????? i've seen 1 junco!!!!!!

next you'll claim you seen sasquatch!!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have! & Nessie too... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Male cardinals singing their spring song. Chickadees have been at it for a couple weeks. Lots more geese flying around. Caught one black cat in the live trap so far but no skunks. Haven't smelled any skunks since I put the trap out. Cat came out of the trap like it was shot out of a cannon. Had only been in there an hour or so. It was eating cat food at choretime.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Male cardinals singing their spring song. Chickadees have been at it for a couple weeks. Lots more geese flying around. Caught one black cat in the live trap so far but no skunks. Haven't smelled any skunks since I put the trap out. Cat came out of the trap like it was shot out of a cannon. Had only been in there an hour or so. It was eating cat food at choretime.
you wanna see a critter go ballistic in a live trap......get a gray skurrel in there!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I've seen as many Bigfoots as I have Robin's and Wrens so far.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
More geese & a large flock of red-winged blackbirds. When I asked where they were headed, they said there's a guy in Cold Spring who has nice bird feeders. His beer sucks but his sunflower seed is great!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
More geese & a large flock of red-winged blackbirds. When I asked where they were headed, they said there's a guy in Cold Spring who has nice bird feeders. His beer sucks but his sunflower seed is great!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: f$%^&* blackbirds!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention I caught another cat this morning, the gray-striped tomcat this time. Third time's the charm?🦨🦨🦨🦨

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention I caught another cat this morning, the gray-striped tomcat this time. Third time's the charm?🦨🦨🦨🦨
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:   you sure got alot of pus............er never mind!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Seeing more hen pheasants in our backyard lately. Tough to get more pheasants without them... :coffee:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Whilst taking Poppy out for her morning after breakfast potty, a sandhill crane flew overhead squawking away. Poppy cocked her head and looked at it like WTH?!?!  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen 2 swans and a few geese yesterday!!!   a little surprised to see the swans already...