Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Birds in the back yard  (Read 289465 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
7 deer tonite. Poppy is having a comeapart too.

she on her hind legs, standing up??    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep..she see's the one taking the dump and cant wait to get out there and eat it!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yep..she see's the one taking the dump and cant wait to get out there and eat it!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :sleazy:

:thumbs: :tut:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heard a loud noise outside: Hundreds of red-winged blackbirds asking where Cold Spring is!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard a loud noise outside: Hundreds of red-winged blackbirds asking where Cold Spring is!  :happy1:
there's one in new york....send them there!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think that's where roony would like to send his wrens... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :laugh:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Went for a long ride today. Came across a corn field with lots of swans scattered throughout the whole field. I’m guessing upwards of a hundred.   A couple miles from open water. Also saw one sandhill crane  and a few pheasants. All of the critters seem to be moving about.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Some snows & blues reported west of Bugtussle in a field on Hwy 30 yesterday afternoon. Were a lot of Canada geese in the air last nite at 10 & 4 a.m. when I had Poppy out to poop. Today there was even a good sized flock of specklebellies.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been seeing more geese lately and also seen a pair of swans yesterday too in a field...  getting to be more and more birds around!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still waiting for our first goose here.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw two sandhill cranes just west of my place

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw two sandhill cranes just west of my place

haven't seen any yet here,,,

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
with the sippi not all that fat from me and the sauk river right here see a good number of canadian honkers and swans........no cranes though!!!!!!

robins, blackbirds, starlings or wrens  :evil: either for that matter!!!! but good gawd.......2 nights this week are supposeed to be single digit lows. at the cabin below 0.  :scratch: :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Feeders been kinda quiet,  just a few house finches , sparrows and a lone Junco was bouncing around a little bit ago. Ma and Pa ran out to Willma on Friday, west of Hutch aways the snow is really piled up, they lost count on the pheasants spotted.  Been seeing plenty of honkers here for a few weeks. Hopefully it won't be long and the Orioles will be back..
« Last Edit: March 03/26/23, 10:53:05 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup boober, figure it'll be 5 - 6 weeks here and it'll be showtime for the orioles. Sky was full of geese on our way back from Mayberry this a.m. Sounds like spring out there too. Robins are setting up shop, the chickadees are singing fee-bee and the cardinals are singing as the geese make their way north honking away. Not counting my chickens before they hatch though. I trust this weather like a fart anymore.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/23, 11:36:30 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
by golly.......seen my first morning dove on my walkabout outside this morning!!!!!!!!! :happy1: no robins though yet!!!! :surrender:

LPS is right...spring is just around the corner!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have those red-winged blackbirds I sent your direction showed up yet?  :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have those red-winged blackbirds I sent your direction showed up yet?  :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:nope.......thought you sent them to new york!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I can check robins off the list. Seen 3 on my way out of town along the street where the snow was melted off the grass in people's yard. :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Want me to send ya that railcar full of sunflower seed for when the blackbirds show up?  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/29/23, 04:04:56 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Want me to send ya that railcar full of sunflower seed for when the blackbirds show up?  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: you bet......there spendy nowadays!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Appears the rooster pheasants have dispersed & staked out their territory. Only seeing single birds passing thru the yard again so courting season is underway. Speaking of expensive, thistle seed is really nuts. Think it was $47 for a 20 lb. bag at FF the other day. Was debating about refilling the feeders ahead of the rain but think I'll wait and let them pull the feeders down close to empty. No reason to let it ruin several $'s worth of seed. They can get at sunflower seed in the feeders that are more weather proof. 

Add great blue herons to the list of birds tooling around out here.
« Last Edit: March 03/30/23, 10:37:12 AM by Dotch »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The Redwing Blackbirds are here!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And they all seem to be shoutng "Cold Spring!" at the top of their lungs... :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And they all seem to be shoutng "Cold Spring!" at the top of their lungs... :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: and that be Cold Spring New York  :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Some of the male goldfinches are getting closer to their yellow summer plumage. Surprised they've been as faithful as they've been this winter & now into early spring. :scratch: