Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fur auction  (Read 3833 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked at the recent results and was surprised to see the grey fox went as high as it did. Bobcat did real well and coyote faired good also. It was a lump in the troat after seeing what happened to the rats. I think they will do better at the next sale but they still have some carryover from this one too.

By lookin at how badger did I'd guess they are makin paint brushes again.

I did not have fur at this auction. I was wondering if anyone could let us know how they did?
« Last Edit: February 02/14/07, 11:19:08 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
will no more tomarrow griz but what happned to themarket for otters i was thinking they were way down from last year..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got my fur check and i'll be crying all the way to the bank.. :o :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I might be crying too. I held my furs thinking that the next auction would be a bit better. I am really wondering now if I made a good decision or not.

The only plus is that most of my beaver I get a bounty for anyway. Yotes I get extra kickback often too.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Iceman, Now that you have your fur check, will you have to bury another cream can full of money in your yard ??? :o ::) :laugh: ;)DIRTBALL2 ;)
"You can't BS an old BS'er"

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Griz,
 You might be better off selling your furs here ..
aqfter china got out of the fur market it went all to pot..
my partners check is half of what it was last year..
everything is way way down..

DB2 you are more then wellcome to come dig up my yard to find the cream cans because there are NONE !!
you ever get that sewer tank thawed out yet ?

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The septic tank and drain wars are OVER! ;D :laugh: ;) DIRTBALL2 ;)
"You can't BS an old BS'er"

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Griz,
 You might be better off selling your furs here ..
aqfter china got out of the fur market it went all to pot..
my partners check is half of what it was last year..
everything is way way down..

I will have to. I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in 23 yrs. It's a pay as I go deal and I want it all done before I get to work this spring. Thats the nice part about selling local, cash on the spot.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman

I will have to. I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in 23 yrs. It's a pay as I go deal and I want it all done before I get to work this spring. Thats the nice part about selling local, cash on the spot.

see if they will trade teeth for furs.. :laugh:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I used to go to a dentist that would barter. Took a pair of breeder silver fox once.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
just as soon as the rivers go down around here i'll start traping agian ..
crow wing around here is almost ice free and the leaf is ice free..
won't be long now..