Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Have you checked the price of new boats lately?  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Just got my circular from the local rip-off local boat dealer......!!!!! New Lund RebelSS 16.5, just like I had....$19,997 PLUS tax, set-up, etc..... that's crazy!!!  :shocked: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
go for it!!!  pocket change!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just got my circular from the local rip-off local boat dealer......!!!!! New Lund RebelSS 16.5, just like I had....$19,997 PLUS tax, set-up, etc..... that's crazy!!!  :shocked: :doah:
:scratch: :scratch: thought you said you were looking for a new rubber ducky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: thought you said you were looking for a new rubber ducky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

KWAK!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
$20,000 used to get you a Tyee.  Unreal how much they cost now.  I see all of these young guys come up here with 60 -70 grand boats and new trucks.  Lot's of them.  I am sure glad I don't have their payments.  Look at the boat ads on WC.  Used boats that are over 50 grand.  I wouldn't even enjoy fishing in something that cost me that much money. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I paid $6G for mine, right out of the showroom, with everything except the Humminbird and trolling motor on it in 1997. Also added a Co-pilot to the PD55, vertical rod racks, side rod holders, and a Ritchie compass. Brand new Johnson on it and a Spartan trailer with spare tire, in 1997.  Sold it summer before last for the same price, and I knew I coulda got more, but figgered I did OK for a 20 yo boat...getting exactly what I paid for it!!  :azn:

« Last Edit: February 02/21/18, 06:07:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not many boaters on here!!!  :scratch:
old news,  boats have been getting out of hand for years, they know they can get the base price tgen add on all the extras. One thing about boats, they sure hold there value, unlike our 40,000 dollar trucks that pull em around. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's for sure. Set of 4 tires now runs ya what a good used truck used to cost ya!  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still have my Rebel and love it, it's a 1989 model, hand tiller, 40 horse.. a dang good boat and I would miss her too if I sold it.....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and i had bought a new Rebel back in 1993 with a 20 hp evinrude tiller. Think we paid around 5K back then. Sold that in 1997 and bought a Crestliner 1750 fishawk SC with a 90 hp mariner. Paid just under 13k for it. Still have that boat yet. We would like to get a bigger boat sometime in the future since we live on LOTW. But the price is hard to swallow.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our latest boat venture was back in 2007 & we couldn't stomach the tag on what we wanted for a Lund. So we found a '02 Crestliner just like JB's except it had a 115 hp Yamaha on it for ~ 1/2  the new price. Found ours on Craigs List for $12K
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I had ta buy a new lund last year ta replace da one wrecked in 2016 storm. I did everything I could ta get da price down. I ordered it wit no motor. No seats, and no trailer. I was able ta salvage and use my old stuff from da 1997 Lund.

I had to hunt fur a dealer dat would accept dat arrangement. It still cost me an arm and a leg.

Bought a new 2017 1625 fury XL tiller model.
80" beam

Details:
http://www.lundboats.com

« Last Edit: February 02/22/18, 08:14:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure miss my little pond-hopper. If I lived near a lake or up nord like youse guys, it woulda been a no-brainer to keep it. But, closest fishing here is 15 miles away, and that's on the Zumbro River. It rains, it gets all muddied up, gets high, etc. Yer really limited to yer days of fishing on it. Next closest is Lake Pepin, aka the dead sea by Red Wing, 25 miles away. So then you've got a fair drive every time you want to go. Plus, I needed help to get it on and off trailer, so someone had to go along. Everyone was always working.....Just wasn't worth it anymore. Plus, the boat money bought me that new riding mower so I can mow my own lawn and don't have to pay some ridiculous price to have someone else do it. I hate having someone have to do my own work.
« Last Edit: February 02/22/18, 09:17:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we hafta move reb further north, he needs water!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, that's true, Bobber!!  Sewer fishin' down here!  :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we hafta move reb further north, he needs water!!

what would the NL do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who cares! They got NL's up there too!  :azn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some laundry to do??!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I really don't need a new to me boat yet but I am always looking anyways.  Love boats.  CL and WC are my go to places.  a guy can get a darn nice used boat in great condition for under 20 grand if you shop around.  I think lots of boats are used under 10 times a year for a few hours each of those times.  Those boats have their own place in a garage and are only taken out when used then washed a put away.  I miss my Tyee and trolling cranks on the St. Croix.  When and if we move I may be looking for another walk thru so I can do that again.  Depends on where we end up.  Now I have a 16'Lund tiller, marsh grass, with a 40 Honda.  Love it too.  Also a 14' with a 4.5 Merc for pushing across the ice in the spring.  Also a 20" older pontoon for joy rides on the river.  Like the commercial says, there is always room for one more.   :happy1:  I have probably owned 20 different boats.  I need help, I just can't stop buying and selling them.....    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to go to the NW Sportshow in the cities every year with my buddy....walk around with wood all day after drooling over all the new boats... :rolleyes:

Speaking of....

http://www.northwestsportshow.com/about
« Last Edit: February 02/23/18, 07:18:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a new Ranger model out last year that had a $80k price tag on it. Spose you'd need a $60K truck to pull that with too. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I lived in Stillwater I loved going to that too Rebs. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just didn't care for the $5 hot dogs and $3.50 for a cup of pop...$6 for a hamburger. We'd usually eat at some of the cities hotspots after the show though....did get some nice pics and autographs from the bikini lure company girls....and  few smooches.  Did wonders for my "rod and gear". :hubba:
« Last Edit: February 02/23/18, 07:44:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just didn't care for the $5 hot dogs and $3.50 for a cup of pop...$6 for a hamburger. We'd usually eat at some of the cities hotspots after the show though....did get some nice pics and autographs from the bikini lure company girls....and  few smooches.  Did wonders for my "rod and gear". :hubba:
yep.........just as i figured..........another thread reb turns sexual!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon:

MORNING REB!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman