Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Destined ta join Vikings!  (Read 11864 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :reporter; ....     Report: ‘Rampant speculation’ that Kirk Cousins is ‘destined’ to join Vikings!

The final landing spot for Kirk Cousins is among the biggest stories of the NFL offseason, and according to many league insiders, perhaps the most likely — and arguably best-suited — team for Cousins to join is the Minnesota Vikings.
Now, a report suggests that the buzz around the NFL that Cousins becoming a Viking is bound to happen.

SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano, in a broader discussion concerning what the Jets may do at the quarterback position — as Cousins reportedly is being aggressively targeted by the team — offered up this nugget in a post for The Jets Blog:

There is rampant speculation around the league that Cousins is destined for Minnesota, where he’d replace journeyman Case Keenum on a team that just reached the NFC championship game.
Vacchiano goes on to note that the Jets have no chance of signing Cousins if winning immediately is the quarterback’s No. 1 priority. If that’s the case, it’s the Vikings, along with the Denver Broncos.

Redskins senior vice president of player personnel Doug Williams gave every indication Wednesday at the NFL Scouting Combine that Cousins will become a free agent, which was more or less a foregone conclusion given the trade for Alex Smith.

:popcorn: ....
Cousins reportedly won’t agree on a deal until doing a free-agency tour, so it’s unlikely his ultimate destination will be known anytime soon. That said, NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt recently indicated that there’s “certainly interest” on both sides when it comes to Cousins and the Vikings.
The Vikings appear to be clearing their QB ranks, as Case Keenum (whom Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer doesn’t appear too high on), Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford are set to hit free agency. Does that mean Cousins is “destined” to join the Vikings? Perhaps, but oftentimes the moves that makes the most sense do not end up coming to fruition. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/03/18, 07:01:35 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

How bout a new kicker. Any noise about that yet?  :thumbs:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am not sure what to think about the Cousins deal.  I will believe it when I see it.  I haven't given up on Bradford yet.  His arm is unreal.  He is skiing now and Zim said he is an Olympic type skiier and a hockey player and a scratch golfer.  The guy is just plain talented.  His knee may not be a problem for a year or two.  I would like to see a good backup in case it does go south again but man I like that guy.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/18, 07:23:52 AM by LPS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

How bout a new kicker. Any noise about that yet?  :thumbs:

Glad ya asked Leech :happy1:
Rumor has it dat da Vikes are now interviewing da Broncos 3rd string kicker as a possible starter for 2018 season.

He just got off da plane, so he has ta shake off da rust :doah:

Activate da photo wit a click:

Strange! he won't kick any longer :scratch: He must be tired from kickin 2 times in a row. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/04/18, 09:42:21 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                 :reporter; ....Update!.......

3/5/18

Kirk Cousins looking for $90 million guaranteed for three years. :moon:

:popcorn: .....
Heading into the start of free agency, we’re starting to understand better how the Kirk Cousins situation is going to play out. At this point, the Minnesota Vikings are seen as overwhelming favorites to land the Pro Bowler. Even the New York Jets have reportedly admitted as much behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, the Denver Broncos are preparing to go all in for the quarterback and the Arizona Cardinals are the fourth team set to make a play for him.
According to this one report, Cousins is looking for a three-year contract that would guarantee him $90 million in cold hard cash. That would be an NFL record $30 million per season, fully guaranteed.

The Jets themselves are said to be willing to hand Cousins a fully guaranteed contract. We’re not sure if any other team is willing to go that far. :confused:

By reportedly looking for just a three-year deal, Cousins wants to set himself up to hit free agency again before he hits the age of 33. :doah:

"Show me da Money!" :dancinred:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/18, 09:56:09 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I heard that the Vikings were looking at Jay Cutler but da Bears wanted him back so bad they beat them to it... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I heard that the Vikings were looking at Jay Cutler but da Bears wanted him back so bad they beat them to it... :happy1:
:doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doah: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doah: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I just had a big dinner and now you's wise guys :blues brothers: made me  :puke:  It up! :angry2:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :reporter; ..Breaking News..Dis Just In....Kirk Cousins'...Free As A Bird
..Hold On Viking Fans.. :sleazy:

No franchise tag for Cousins, now set to hit free agency. :happy1:

WASHINGTON — Kirk Cousins' time with the Washington Redskins is all but over after they chose not to use the franchise tag on the quarterback as expected.

The Redskins have agreed to acquire Alex Smith from the Kansas City Chiefs, effectively pushing Cousins into free agency following a tumultuous six years with the club the drafted him. Cousins will be the top free agent available when the league year opens in mid-March and should have no shortage of suitors.
The 29-year-old Cousins is coming off his third consecutive 4,000-yard passing season. In his time as a full-time NFL starter, he has completed 67 percent of his passes for 81 touchdowns, 36 interceptions and a 97.5 QB rating.
The deadline to use the franchise or transition tag was 4 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday.

Despite previously saying Washington could win with Cousins, coach Jay Gruden said at the scouting combine that "it's time for us to move on" and find some continuity at the position.
The Redskins now seemingly have that in Smith, who will join the Redskins once the trade becomes official March 14 and has agreed to a four-year extension with $71 million guaranteed.
Cousins could easily command more than that on the open market with the New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals and Cleveland Browns among the teams interested in upgrading at quarterback.
After becoming the first QB in NFL history to play two consecutive seasons on the franchise tag — making almost $44 million in the process — Cousins is looking for long-term stability in the wake of almost-weekly questions about his future in Washington persisted over the past few years. Agent Mike McCartney declined to comment on the plans of the Cousins camp in an email to The Associated Press on Tuesday.
This is perhaps the first time in Cousins' football career that he has been No. 1 on any list. He did not have any scholarship offers as a high school senior, was not considered a top prospect after four years at Michigan State and got picked in the fourth round in 2012 by the Redskins — the same draft they traded up to make Robert Griffin III the No. 2 pick.
Only 39-year-old Drew Brees, who's expected to re-sign with the New Orleans Saints, threw for more yards last season than Cousins, who is the best option available in a crop that includes Case Keenum, Sam Bradford and Josh McCown. Though during the 2017 season it was reported that Cousins could set a record for QB contracts, it's unclear how close he might come to the $135 million, five-year deal with $92 million guaranteed that Matthew Stafford signed with the Detroit Lions.
« Last Edit: March 03/06/18, 05:57:01 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man this is real old news.  I would rather have the Vikes give Brees whatever he wanted for 2 or 3 years.  But Cousins may be a good fit for us.  We shall see. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard WCCO say yday that someone had published a report that there was a 3 year, fully guaranteed contract $91 million offer for KC on the table & it was from the Vikings.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thought I heard that too...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough to wade through the subterfuge this time of year.

It could be that someone caught wind of a real deal the Vikings were floating through back channels or it is just as likely that the story was fabricated and leaked by a friend of a friend of Cousins' agent to drive up Kirk's price.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's kinda what I thought, CCO sure likes helping 'em get it out there :bonk: Usually don't hear any others saying the same though :tut:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Fox was where I heard it...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Your probably right Steve-o, as I've heard that was the type of deal KC wanted, so I wouldn't be surprised that it came from some of his camp

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they are saying Cousins will sign with the Vikes for $27 million a year..   we will see....

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :reporter; Kirk Cousins to sign with the Vikings at $27-plus million annually. :confused:

10 hrs. ago.....

:coffee: .....
NFL free agency hasn't even started. Teams can’t negotiate with impending free agents until Monday.  :tut: So how are we even hearing reports of players heading to specific teams? :scratch: Well, the NFL has not done a tremendous job keeping teams in check in this regard. The plethora of reports linking Kirk Cousins to the Minnesota Vikings is the latest example of this. :pouty:

Now, according to SiriusXM Radio’s Adam Caplan (h/t Zig Fracassi of the same outlet), indications are that Cousins will sign a free agent deal with Minnesota once the market opens up on Wednesday. Said deal is expected to value Cousin at $27-plus million per season.

If that’s the terms of the deal, it would put Cousins in Jimmy Garoppolo territory. Previous reports suggested that he was looking at a three-year deal with $90 million, all guaranteed.

Despite being heavily linked to Minnesota, the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals and New York Jets are all still training-087 seemingly in on Cousins. Whether this report changes that remains to be seen. But we’re sure to see something drop on this front within the next few days. :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/11/18, 08:54:51 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Lee I think I said that over an hour earlier.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
hey Lee I think I said that over an hour earlier.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:scratch: ..
Yep I sure did see dat bro!  I was just trying to fill in wit some other interesting info bout da league rules and names of udder teams dat are not trowin in da towel on him yet. I wasn't tryin ta steal yer thunder.
I apologize if you interrupted my post in anudder manner. :bow:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well what the heck, go for it.  It is only money..  I am excited about it I guess.  We have never had a long term quality QB, at least not for a long time.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: ..
Yep I sure did see dat bro!  I was just trying to fill in wit some other interesting info bout da league rules and names of udder teams dat are not trowin in da towel on him yet. I wasn't tryin ta steal yer thunder.
I apologize if you interrupted my post in anudder manner. :bow:

go for it buddy!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
with all this kirk cousins talk going on it looks according the the MSN homepage Derrick Mckinnion is on his way out the door via free agency......... that sucks.........he was fun to watch!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
News just said they're talkin to Brees too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
with all this kirk cousins talk going on it looks according the the MSN homepage Derrick Mckinnion is on his way out the door via free agency......... that sucks.........he was fun to watch!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that Jerrick's brother?   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Is that Jerrick's brother?   :rotflmao:
:bonk: :bonk: oops!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
News just said they're talkin to Brees too.
just read that the bronco's are trying to get him too!!!!!!! not sure why he'd go there, the saints are closer to going to the super bowl then Denver!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
CCO-TV just said Keenum is going to Denver.  Sounds like a done deal now. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard that on the radio this morning too. I can see it now, we are going to end up with no good QB in the end.  :thumbs: :doofus: :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm wondering too JB!!!!  could get ugly!!