Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: fertilizers  (Read 9833 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes indeed. Looked at my hay fields the other day. Mostly orchardgrass with a few scattered sprigs of alfalfa. Due to the high amount of grass last year, cranking the nitrogen to it was the best thing I did. And where my spreader overlapped onto my landlord's lawn, the grass grew to beat hell.  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: April 04/07/21, 04:13:44 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So what do you think of that Milorganit Glenn? Me, it was a slow growing spring and it's also slow releasing but it seemed alright. I have extra and the weather people are talking some chances of rain the next few days. The garden got fertilizer so might as well feed the grass..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I use it alot. I put it on my lawn. I was told by someone I trust that golf courses use it on there greens.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I'll have to try that human poop on my garden. Never tried it. :whereamI: :whereamI:

I fertilized my tomatoes today. The fruit is starting to show up on my early paste tomatoes. Mulching with straw now so it keeps a steady moisture on them. Don't want blossom end rot.

Also fertilized my corn with lawn fertilizer. 15 rows.....30 feet long. 5 more rows to plant end of next week.

Otherwise I basically use 10-10-10 or 12-12-12.

I do also fertilize with Blossom Boost on anything that flowers into fruit. Works great on strawberries.
« Last Edit: June 06/25/21, 06:12:21 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Milorganite is also alleged to repel deer.  I can’t prove it, but think it may help in that regard. Some dogs like it to eat. I had a cocker spaniel that ate a big dose of it before I caught him gagging snd spitting up. I called the vet and asked if I needed to worry. She said, “watch for a growth spurt.”

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Milorganite is also alleged to repel deer.  I can’t prove it, but think it may help in that regard. Some dogs like it to eat. I had a cocker spaniel that ate a big dose of it before I caught him gagging snd spitting up. I called the vet and asked if I needed to worry. She said, “watch for a growth spurt.”
I will totally verify it's a great deer repellent. Any thing that smells like boar will repel anything. :sleazy: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thats cause im mean!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so Ken, i had never heard of blosson boost, so i googled it. what came up was alot of products like miricale grow??????? :scratch: esstentially, is that what you use????

i use epsom salt........was told its about the same as miricale grow. usually put a tablespoon around the stem about every 3-4 watering!!!!!!

this spring i bought this chicken poo at menards and think it was good for the garden............a change from the 10-10-10 i've always used. i'd like to find so type of cow manure like that next year to change things up a bit. been looking but havent seen any????/

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Turns out I had a half a bag of Milorganite left so batched it with some gypsum pellets for the front yard and the back got just pellets,  it's all I had on hand so hopefully it helps with the rain.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: up here in the desert, I'd just be happy with some rain!! :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Turns out I had a half a bag of Milorganite left so batched it with some gypsum pellets for the front yard and the back got just pellets,  it's all I had on hand so hopefully it helps with the rain.
i just meandered through the garden section at menards today and seen these bags of gypsum pellets, never really knew what it was?????/

just might get me a bag!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/26/21, 06:03:09 PM by glenn57 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Sorry Glenn.....this is the one I use. on plants that flower. Including my strawberries and my wifes flowers. High middle number........10-54-10
« Last Edit: June 06/26/21, 06:18:06 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i just meandered through the garden section at menards today and seen these bags of gypsum pellets, never really knew what it was?????/

:scratch: You have to BUY that kind of stuff? :crazy: :doah: :confused:                                             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:     
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: You have to BUY that kind of stuff? :crazy: :doah: :confused:                                             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: