Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2018 gardens  (Read 59573 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
no but why do we get voluntary seed sprouts from left over vegtables  in the garden.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I dunno. Why is a smurf blue?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
no but why do we get voluntary seed sprouts from left over vegtables  in the garden.
that happens all the time for some reason. yea one would think the frozen ground would kill the seed. you don't want volunteers.....gotta bury that stuff.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ok so dont freeze the seed. is ther a difference between a pie pumkin and a jack olantern pumpkin? or is it just a small pumpkin
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Yes.

Carving pumpkins

In contrast to the flesh-packed pie pumpkin, carving pumpkins, commonly referred to as jack-o'-lantern pumpkins, were designed to make it easier to, well, carve. Jack-o'-lantern pumpkins have a thinner shell and typically have less flesh (or pumpkin guts) on the inside. The flesh is grainier and stringy. The inside of a carving pumpkin tends to contain more water than pie pumpkins.

Jack-o'-lantern pumpkins, also called carving pumpkins, are less fleshy and easier to carve:

Thinner shell
Less flesh/guts inside
Grainier/stringier flesh
Contain more water than pie pumpkins

Pie pumpkins

Pie pumpkins, also called sugar pumpkins, are smaller in shape than the monstrous pumpkins you'd find at your typical pumpkin patch. Pie pumpkins are commonly found in the grocery store in the produce section or at farm stands. This small, round pumpkin is packed full of flesh that makes it a good choice for cooking. The pulp also has a better texture (less grainy) and is sweeter.

Compared to carving pumpkins, pie pumpkins, aka sugar pumpkins, are smaller and easier to bake:

Small and round
Normally found in the grocery store or at farm stands
Full of flesh that's good for cooking
Pulpy, sweeter flesh on the inside

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The Best Picks for Pie
Cheese Pumpkin. ...
Jarrahdale. ...
Blue Hubbard. ...
Sugar Pumpkin This is the most iconic of all the pumpkins. ...
Butternut squash This is one of the most recognizable of the winter squash, with its iconic long neck, round bulb, and tan skin.

they say ya want the sweet one for pies...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thanks guys, imnsaving all my pie pumpkin seed for next year and a food ploting deer. i new and adult would help with this
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
thanks guys, imnsaving all my pie pumpkin seed for next year and a food ploting deer. i new and adult would help with this
yep...…...I sure did!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!