Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242554 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lock em up.  Especially Karen.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'm confused here...videos? Karen? Aaron Rogers???  :doofus:   :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Karen = Aaron. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good spot to put this....went out to Menardo's house of Bargains yday for an AC cover. Online shows many versions, all in stock. Normally I use the top half of those heavy duty contactor garbage bags, but the new AC is too big. Get there, can't find 'em, asked girl where they were. Leads me wandering all over the store like Billy leaving the xxx trail in Family Circus. End up in portable AC aisle. "They should be in here"...which obviously no covers were. Told her it was for a CENTRAL AC...."let me go find some help"....after about 5 mns standing there, went looking for HER. Found her and 2 others looking on computer at kiosk. "No, I don't think we have any". Show them online printout I had, one girl says "they're upstairs". Wait about another 10 mns, she comes down and says "not up there". So she drags me over to doors and insulation aisle, and she's looking thru the screen door HARDWARE....!!!! I asked her "You do know a big cover isn't going to be in a little bubble pack in screen door handles, right?" "Ya,...as she keeps pawing thru the little packages.
I said Oh **** it and walked out. Called store Mgr this am, he said they're right out on display as of last week in the window kits/weatherstrip aisle. Told me some heads are gonna get chopped today in upcoming meeting. I also have a 20 buck one he's giving me for $5 getting delivered to my door this am...  :sleazy:
If they'd train these kiddies right, these things wouldn't happen. None of the three coulda been over 21 years old. It was unreal when one girl was looking for a big cover in the little hanging pkgs of door hardware... :doah:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, its always been said, "Its hard to find good help." 

Trouble is, those kids don't have any life experience - home owning, etc.  I'll bet it is harder to make connections in the brain when you can't relate to what you are selling.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea its unbelieveable some of the customer service you can get. pretty sad at times.  :pouty:

for what its worth, when i had the new AC put in :mooning: this summer, those guys that installed it said you dont need to cover the AC unit. they are designed, built and tested for outside elements in all kinds of different climates.

i simply use a heavier tarp that fits around my AC unit. use various straps and tie downs to secure it. i'm still going to cover it!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 09:16:07 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I put a cover on that goes halfway down, leave rest open for air flow, because it is right under a pine tree and adjacent to a huge maple. If I don't cover it, it gets full of pine needles and maple whirlies. They sit in the bottom of the unit and rot away, until I pull the top with motor off and clean it out. It also gets hit with snow that I roof rake off, falls straight down on top of it. Don't really wanna start tearing the top off my brand new AC unit....
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 09:22:33 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I put a cover on that goes halfway down, leave rest open for air flow, because it is right under a pine tree and adjacent to a huge maple. If I don't cover it, it gets full of pine needles and maple whirlies. They sit in the bottom of the unit and rot away, until I pull the top with motor off and clean it out. Don't really wanna start tearing top off my brand new unit....
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: dont blame you. this new unit of mine sits off the ground a good 18 inches..kinda like that!!!!!1 underneath is open for air flow!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just place plywood on top of it with a rock to hold it in place...  20 plus years now... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't covered the AC unit down home in a long time. We do have a homemade lean too with a galvanized roof on it that is 2-3' taller than the heat pump up we put over it when we go home in November up here though.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just be glad you don't have a huge older pine and maple above it. I could almost shovel the needles off the ground.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If'n you don't cover the van coils in the summer, why do you need to cover them in the winter?   :confused:  It ain't like a tarp is going to keep them any warmer.  And there aren't any cottonwood seeds in the winter to gum up the grating.
 :crazy:
But yes, I tie a tarp over it.  Old habits die hard.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If'n you don't cover the van coils in the summer, why do you need to cover them in the winter?   :confused:  It ain't like a tarp is going to keep them any warmer.  And there aren't any cottonwood seeds in the winter to gum up the grating.
 :crazy:
But yes, I tie a tarp over it.  Old habits die hard.
:pouty:well...  :scratch: what else am I supposed to do with the tarp  :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Asked the neighbor, who is a nearly 40 year HVAC/furnace/ AC tech, & he said he just puts an old car floormat on top of his to keep the leaves out. He didn't recommend wrapping them up as he said that can lead to issues with moisture & then the coils can crack when they freeze in the winter. He's also seen issues with rodents when they're all wrapped up too. :scratch: :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be correct. That's why mine only goes halfway down.  :coffee:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Be nice if they made a fitted "cap'' ya just pop on top in winter....anything loose or just sitting on mine gets knocked off when the roof snow comes a tumblin' down.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Be nice if they made a fitted "cap'' ya just pop on top in winter....anything loose or just sitting on mine gets knocked off when the roof snow comes a tumblin' down.
:scratch: Probably do......................... but it'll cost you $100 or more. :crazy: :pouty: :thumbs:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea well, like I said mines up off the ground and doesn't get wrapped up tight. Never has

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Probably do......................... but it'll cost you $100 or more. :crazy: :pouty: :thumbs:

And then I'd have to ask the girl where the AC caps where, and have her take me to the outerwear aisle.  :doofus:  Some years ago, I went into Penney's for a new flannel shirt. Here is the honest to god scenario: Asked the about 18 yo girl with all the piercings where the men's flannel shirts were. "You mean like a certain cloth?"  Me: "Ya, flannel. Usually comes in plaid design or solid color." Her: "Like is it cotton?"  Me: Ya, LIKE  flannel, soft". "Her: Oh, like they must be over here"...we do the Family Circle x x x  trail all over and thru the men's dept. She doesn't have a clue.....Her: "Like, I don't think we have any"..... Me: "Like, that entire table you are standing in front of with the plaid shirts on it are the flannel ones....Her: "oh, so is that what you want?" Me: "Like, ya. Those are it. Say, did you ever like see the movie Valley Girl? "Her: No.........blank stare  Me: LIKE, you woulda liked it"......

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A smurf trap?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
God no! I already got too many skwirrels runnin' around here.... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 01:54:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :Clap:

I liked it better when Dotch was on his iwegian tour!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Be careful there, Gunner might give ya another lump or two..... :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can only find 3 bungee cords....all different sizes. More trips to Menardo's to ask the girl where the stretchy things are!  :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Stretchy things are in automotive. Ask her for a make-up mirror for her car, she will know right where that is, at least you will be in the right department.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093