Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 244153 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That's the third time I know a boats gone over the dam. After fishing that area for 50 yrs, I still have no idea how in heck ya could do it.... :crazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That was my 1st thought too, Reb! Must've been lots of :drinking: :tequila; or they're just idiots. :doofus:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
#4 news last nite said booze was suspected to be involved.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It had to be. No one goes near the dam, because it's kind of in a "corner" right where the lake ends. Also a steel cable with orange flags and pylons runs entire length of it about 100' in front of it.
« Last Edit: August 08/26/19, 08:25:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and then get shot in the groin area!!!   he will a short shooter now!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
and then get shot in the groin area!!!   he will a short shooter now!!!! 

No can screw cuz of a didgeridoo, Lou!  ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And they think THAT'S gonna fly down south with Bubba and Jethro?!  Riiiiiight.... :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad to see her passing.  I watched her shows back then.  On that fake chicken nuggets, I saw that there was a big line waiting for them and they sold out.  One thing about the fake meats is if you read the ingredients you would not want to eat it.  Probably tastes good and folks think it's much more healthier but they are not in my opinion.  i'll take the real thing any time.  I ordered a veggie burger once at a resturant just to see how they were.  Try anything once I say.  That was the worst burger I have ever had.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When working at St. Marys Hospital, there was a vendor for the then new veggie burger things set up in the cafeteria. We were the "taste testers". Big, tough security guys.  :police:
They gave you a burger and a sheet to fill out about the taste, texture, etc, etc.
I wouldn't have fed that to my dog Scruffy, and he was smart enough he'd of spit it out, too. RIP, buddy.
I told them they might make a great pothole filler come Spring.   :puke:
« Last Edit: August 08/31/19, 05:14:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Again....it just makes me sick.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/multiple-people-injured-roaming-shooter-odessa-texas-police-say-n1048656

What also makes me sick, is Joyce Vance, a former US Attorney, breaks into the live news and starts yammering about how the "Officers involved will react to the situation"..Oh, you've been there, done that? A SWAT expert! She then moved quickly to (and this is verbatim) states that "it's imperative we find out what type of weapon the shooter used; was it a semi-automatic with a high capacity clip, or did they reload fast enough to shoot the twenty people".... are you kidding??!?!?!?!?   :doah:
Let's not focus on the issue, but the TYPE of weapon used...and yes, unless it was a revolver it WAS a semi-automatic....and yes, if it held more than 14 rds, it WAS a high capacity clip...instead of focusing on the issue/people hurt, she has to dial in on what WEAPON was used. I think all these female know-it-alls should NOT be allowed to use the phrase "semi-automatic', or "High capacity clip" at any time, because I'll bet my azz they don't know a semi-auto from a cap and ball. A guy in a car plows into a group of people, do they focus on the make, model of vehicle, and if it was a stick shift or automatic? Who the hell cares, and what does it matter?! Get to the heart of the matter and find out WHY the person acted the way they did, why did it happen, NOT with what they used!!!! Try to stop the problem; not hype up the weapons debate!!!!!!!!!!  CRIPES!!! :angry2:
« Last Edit: August 08/31/19, 09:17:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure that you calling it a clip instead of a magazine was just an inadvertent slip of the fingers......

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
IT IS A CLIP.  A MAGAZINE is the part of the weapon that accepts the clip. 

Clip;
Firearms

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple or numerous rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm. This speeds up the process of loading and reloading the firearm with several rounds at once, rather than one at a time into the magazine.

The Firearms Guide

Some curbstone jockeys call a clip that holds a large number of rounds ie; banana clip, etc., a "magazine".  My fourteen rd .40 XDm says it comes with two spare "clips".
And yes, the carrying case does say "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA". 
« Last Edit: August 08/31/19, 09:27:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Right in your definition...holds multiple rounds for insertion into a magazine...

However usage has gotten sloppy in recent years for sure. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's all the blathering wimmen news hypers and political flotsam fools.  :bs:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/01/19, 09:00:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is what I consider a spare "magazine"...... :evil:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys should check today's strib... Front page article about guns, criminals, and straw buyers...   Surprise, guys are getting their GF with clean records to buy handguns for them and for them to sell on the street...   

Those background checks not doing much apparently...

Guess the government needs to keep track of  your love life in order to prevent this sort of stuff.   /sarcasm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They just figured THAT out???!    :doah:   :banghead:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Apparently they did.   What's this "armslist" thing they talk about?   gun show on the internet? Use the NL email and Drivers License to buy glocks?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Armslist is an internet classified site where you can buy guns, ammo, etc. The Craigslist of guns.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So how does that work with the background check and state line thing?   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, ya can't cross state lines to do a deal on there. (legally, anyway) I'd never do a deal on there, it's kinda shady, or the person would be going through a dealer or person with an FFL.
Only thing I would use it for is to LOCATE a gun, and then go thru a dealer ship to get it...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Most of the times I have looked on there is as many dealers as private and most of the private listing say must have a permit to purchase or a carry permit. Mostly to cover they hinder I think. I have never bought from there but have seen some alright deals.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/03/19, 09:32:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What is wrong with those guys????   I don't want to be anywhere near that much stress. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had gunfire down here this weekend and three juveniles robbed a liquor store at gunpoint. I wanna move outta here as soon as I can......
« Last Edit: September 09/03/19, 09:29:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:doah:

https://kttc.com/news/minnesota-news/2019/09/03/pedestrian-struck-3-wounded-by-gunfire-outside-state-fair/

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/state-fair-chaos-/5478674/?cat=10151

Glad we got out of there when we did. We normally come in on the west side so we missed all that excitement. When the concert got over there was a mad dash to get the hell out of there, vendors and fair goers alike. Amazing more people don't get hit at fair time the way some of them seem oblivious to anything and everyone around them. Had our hands full to see where we were going in the heavy downpour from the junction of I 94 & I 35 all the way to Medford.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)