Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242485 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
*BONK*  :bonk:

Home invader hit over the head with car jack

A Rochester man was arrested Thursday afternoon after being hit on the head with a car jack during a home invasion.

Juan Vasquez, 27, allegedly broke into a trailer home in the 1600 block of Marion Road Southeast at about 2 p.m. Thursday. An adult brother and sister were home at the time, and were able to fight off Vasquez, including hitting him over the head more than once with a car jack, said Police Capt. Casey Moilanen.

Vasquez fled out the door, and managed to get into the running truck of a neighbor. However, he did not put the truck in gear, Moilanen said. When asked why, Vasquez told the owner of the truck he needed an ambulance.   :doofus:

Police arrived to find Vasquez bleeding from a head injury. He was arrested and transported to Mayo Clinic Hospital — Saint Marys Campus, where he was a patient Friday morning. His injuries are non life-threatening, Moilanen said, and he will be taken to the jail upon release from the hospital.

Vasquez is expected to be charged with first-degree burglary, fifth-degree assault and tampering with a motor vehicle, Moilanen said.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man Reb, you gotta alot of mean vigilantes down there!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darned tootin'! Gettin' to be a little much for me. I see too much to go out and about without packin' my heater.  ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Scary that people are really like that.  Breaking into peoples houses???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, that's the least of it. Almost a nightly occurrence down here, Barry. The crime reports I get every am look like a map shot with birdshot. I've added two motion security lights, and bars on the side garage doors and windows. They've been just flat out kicking them in.... Nite before last my security lights on the side by my backyard activated, and my gate was opened...:doah:

Plus, I have this sticker on every window and door....
« Last Edit: October 10/23/19, 12:19:51 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The lights worked then.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Or the signs.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, Thinkin' seriously about moving.....

KAAL-TV
Created: October 23, 2019 06:47 PM

*NEWSFLASH*

(ABC 6 News) -- Rochester Police said one person was taken to Olmsted Medical Center Hospital with life threatening injuries following a shooting outside the KFC on 12th St. SE in Rochester tonight.

Authorities believe the injured person may have been in a vehicle at the time of the shooting.

This past June, the KFC parking lot on 12th St. SE was the scene of another shooting. Rochester Police said the 24-year-old victim from Rochester in the June shooting told authorities he went to the Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) parking lot that night to meet someone to buy "something."

ABC 6 News has reporters on scene and will report back soon.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I know anytime we have been down to the Mayo. We are packing. Pretty much whenever we travel, we are packing.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cripes, it was kids.... :doah:

UDATE: Victims at Rochester KFC shooting were two teens, police say

MINNESOTA NEWS, TOP STORIES
ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) — Two teens were going to eat at a Kentucky Fried Chicken in Rochester when someone walked up to their vehicle and started shooting at them.

Rochester Police Department has released new information about a shooting that took place in the parking lot of a KFC in Rochester on Wednesday evening.

The shooting happened along the 700 Block of 12th Street SE a little after 5 p.m. on Wednesday.

Police said two 16-year-old males were sitting in a vehicle in the KFC parking lot when someone appeared at the window and started shooting at them. Officers believe there were no more than three shots fired.

Police said one victim was shot in the leg, but the injuries were non-life threatening and he will recover. Authorities said the other male in the car may have been grazed by the bullet but was not taken to the hospital.

RPD said the victims drove away and went to a relative’s house. The teen who was shot in the leg was taken to Olmsted Medical Center for treatment.

At the time of the incident, an off-duty RPD officer was nearby, heard shots fired, then saw the suspect fleeing on foot north from the location. Police said there was another vehicle involved that left the scene at a high speed, and RPD said it’s possible that the vehicle picked the suspect up at some point.

Police said three shell casings were found on the property and that there was damage to the vehicle from the bullets. Police said the shooting does not appear to be tied with the June shooting at the KFC, Sunday's shooting in NW, or the shots fired at Olympic Village on Friday.

Police said they do not have any suspects in custody yet.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know anytime we have been down to the Mayo. We are packing. Pretty much whenever we travel, we are packing.

Good idea. It happens in a heartbeat anyhwere. Can't pick and choose where, so ya best be ready. It's sick to haveta live like this though. I do NOT enjoy it.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it can happen anywhere.  My nephew who is a cop in Duluth told me of incidents that happen even on 35W entering Duluth.  People stopped on the side of the road with a flat tire and a vehicle stops behind them.  Person thinks it's someone trying to help when actually it's someone telling them to throw their wallet to them.  They take the money and go.  Person takes their stolen licence plate no. and the perp doesn't get caught.  A security person at a Cub store I go to got stabbed trying to stop a shoplifter.  Nothing serious there with slight cut in the arm but could have been worse.  And I could have been walking in at the time armed and then what.  I often think about that one.  My mind I would have told him to drop the knife and to get on the ground.  That would have been the best outcome.  I'm hoping I never run into anything like this ever.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Much safer out here in harvested corn and soybean fields. Only hafta worry about getting run over!  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where that water gremlin plant thats been in the news alot was forced to close/............................. :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This has been going on for 30 years and it took the gutless MPCA and non caring Water Gremlin this long to finally do the right thing.  A friend of mines wife worked there in the late 80's and they were talking about all of this since then.  Disgusting!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If you have a Dodge Ram diesel.......

https://kttc.com/news/national-news-from-the-associated-press/2019/10/25/diesel-ram-pickups-recalled-due-to-risk-of-engine-fires/

Ah, sounds like the Fiat "Eco Diesel" then. Don't think they stuck the Cummins in anything other than the 2500's and 3500's.
« Last Edit: October 10/28/19, 09:43:38 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good ol' FIAT...Fix It Again Tony..... :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And I want more land becuz my backyard had standing water on it, and I could use new concrete slabs in my driveway, and my neighbor flooded, so give him more land....and..... :angry2:

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/pine-island-treasure-island-indian-community-latest-mn-hagedorn-bill-congress/5537167/?cat=10151

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they took a pic of Mayo's CEO...............
« Last Edit: October 10/29/19, 03:00:47 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they took a pic of Mayo's CEO...............
:tut: :tut: :tut: HEY..............  :tut: :tut: DO NOT insult clifford da dog!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, yer right..... ;) I sure as hell know he's smarter than they are. Proved it again yday AND today.

Funny that you know who Clifford is.... ;D
« Last Edit: October 10/29/19, 03:46:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, yer right..... ;) I sure as hell know he's smarter than they are. Proved it again yday AND today.

Funny that you know who Clifford is.... ;D
I used to read Clifford story books to my kids!!👍

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Uh huh..... :whistling:    ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is just soooo not right....think how the poor guy feels, and what he has to live with...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/following-child-s-cruise-ship-death-should-caregivers-be-charged-n1073416

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Soooo if college athletes can now get paid should they still get a scollorship (spelling bad) to attend school? Or should that scollorship go to someone else and they pay their own way?????

(Sorry about thew bad grammar, it's early.)
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  Soooo if college athletes can now get paid should they still get a scollorship (spelling bad) to attend school? Or should that scollorship go to someone else and they pay their own way?????

(Sorry about thew bad grammar, it's early.)

good question!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!