Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242416 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And there it is.......  :bonk:  Quit backpedaling, Mikey!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
And there it is.......  :bonk:  Quit backpedaling, Mikey!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

no I said there was only one I don't care for, the supreme...   cause it falls apart every time I had it...   the breakfast one is awesome!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I wrecked enough shirts with those stoopid supremes!  :angry:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea tombstone. :mooning: :mooning: good pizza places are getting hard to find. St cloud had the house of pizza,thats good, red Savoy's and Sammy's are the best I've found.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Used to be a lot of 'em around. Cozy places.  There was a great little place in Richfield called Fireside pizza....ice cold mugs of beer...fireplace...comfy booths...
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 08:14:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, put down the doobmonster and listen up.  :rotflmao:  Work used to order papa Johns once in a while, and to me, it was the worst pizza ever. Soggy crap. Papa Murphy's rocks. My favorite pizza.  Uh oh, here comes Glenn with something...... :lipsrsealed:

OK, thanks for clearing that up....

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder what Doobie Del is eating tonight.  Maybe eating out at Don the Beachcombers.  LOL  They used to be great there 40 years ago.  May not even exist anymore.  Fun Polynesian place.  My Aunt and Uncle brought me there.  Pretty impressive for a midwestern boy

Had Rubios fish tacos at lunch so just ate leftovers for supper.   Wife had shrimp tacos.  I had mango mahi mahi tacos.  beans and chips too. 

https://www.rubios.com/

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll take a Baja bowl......

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, put down the doobmonster and listen up.  :rotflmao:  Work used to order papa Johns once in a while, and to me, it was the worst pizza ever. Soggy crap. Papa Murphy's rocks. My favorite pizza.  Uh oh, here comes Glenn with something...... :lipsrsealed:

OK, thanks for clearing that up....

Here's a tidbit for ya, Delmont. And remember....it's Papa Murphy's Take 'n Bake!  :happy1:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/papa-john-s-founder-i-didn-t-eat-40-pizzas-n1136106

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What does "had" a babe mean?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same as ate a clam?   :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/20, 09:24:09 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
River ice isn't too thick this year.....that means early Spring and shipping season!

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/how-thick-is-the-ice-on-lake-pepin-the-corps/article_306d2936-4dc9-11ea-a6bc-f785a6b359ed.html

I want one of them airboats...with a heated cab on it of course!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
River ice isn't too thick this year.....that means early Spring and shipping season!

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/how-thick-is-the-ice-on-lake-pepin-the-corps/article_306d2936-4dc9-11ea-a6bc-f785a6b359ed.html

I want one of them airboats...with a heated cab on it of course!  :rotflmao:

You'd just get yerself in more trouble.......... :rotflmao:

*click on it*...
« Last Edit: February 02/13/20, 10:23:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a blast!!!!!!!!!! Note the studded ice tires....I've ridden an ice-motorcycle before (my cousins..that's also a blast) but never thought of this.... :happy1:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!    :happybounce:

https://youtu.be/UQ3wnoQfLEs

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks like a blast. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Found another one! Set up a track Barry, and we'll build a new sport!  :happy1:

https://youtu.be/RWkVMdiVqgw

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good way to get kilt

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Should try it on a 250cc spiked ice bike at about 50 MPH.....wow!  :happybounce:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No frickin way!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:  Sure was fun! That was on White Bear; my cousins bike. He does oval short-track ice racing. It was OK until I hit a bunch of frozen ruts...but I didn't wipe out.  Probably would have if I hadn't been riding since I was a kiddo.  :doah:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/20, 03:51:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ruh roh...trouble in paradise.......... :bonk:

Mayo Clinic Medical School accidentally sends out acceptance emails to prospective students

Thursday was a confusing roller coaster for students applying to the Rochester's Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine.

Students who had been interviewed by Mayo Clinic all received emails saying they had been accepted into the program. The good news caused many of the recipients to start celebrating and even to withdraw their names from consideration at other medical schools.

Then more than three hours later, another Mayo Clinic email notifying them of a glitch and that the first message was a mistake changed their jubilation to disappointment.

"... Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine erroneously emailed 364 letters of acceptance to talented, engaging individuals seeking an appointment to the medical school. Soon after the emails were sent, a technical error was discovered and the letters of acceptance were withdrawn by e-mail," wrote Mayo Clinic Spokeswoman Heather Carlson Kehren in statement late Thursday night. "All affected applicants have been contacted by phone. We deeply regret having caused disappointment to these applicants, and we are continuing to investigate the issue."

The confusing situation spurred much discussion among the students in the "2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota" online forum on the Student Doctor Network.

They posted the second email from Mayo Clinic that stated, "Due to a technical error the appointment letter was sent to you in error, and Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine hereby withdraws the offer to appoint you to the medical school. We regret that this occurred."

That message did not impress many of the upset students, who felt Mayo Clinic was not very contrite about the mistake.

"In my head, I thought there would be way more apologizing," wrote one poster. Another wrote, "Looking at their 'apology' email it's obvious that the plan is to sweep this under the rug."  "it's despicable".

One Twin Cities student contacted the Post Bulletin to discuss the issue on the condition that their identity would remain anonymous.

"... The power imbalance between medical schools and applicants is egregious and this error only serves to highlight that. Applying to medical school is increasingly getting worse and worse (secondary app fees, flying out to interview costs, the time it takes to be notified of acceptances/waitlists/rejections)," the student wrote. "The least that one can ask for in this process is respect, and even that is a low priority for medical school admissions."

The discontent over the error spread to a discussion on reddit.com and other social sites, where the students organized a petition "to ship 500 boxes of expired mayonnaise to Mayo Clinic in honor of the 500 interviewees whose ‘Appointments’ (admissions) have expired."

:shocked:
« Last Edit: February 02/14/20, 09:56:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The Mayo has lost touch of it's mission. They are out of control!"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see Mayo called me the other day but they didn't leave a message. Am sure they'll tell me I've been accepted after hearing about my prowess using bale twines to pull lambs!  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Birthing Room for you Dotch!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And look what the local paper prints......."some people are having fun....."
Fun? Read their posts, they're totally pissed off, and rightly so. Report the news properly, quit trying to cover up for Mayo, or don't report it at all!  :angry2:

On Thursday, February 13, 2020, Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine erroneously emailed approximately 360 letters of acceptance to talented, engaging individuals seeking an appointment at the medical school. Soon after the emails were sent, a technical error was discovered and the letters of acceptance were withdrawn. Shortly afterward, applicants were notified by email and phone call and those calls are still continuing. We deeply regret having caused disappointment to these applicants, and we are continuing to investigate the issue.

Today, some people are having a little fun with the mistake. Some are joining an online petition to ship hundreds of boxes of expired mayonnaise to Mayo Clinic in honor of the hundreds of applicants whose appointments to the school also expired.

KTTC Staff
« Last Edit: February 02/14/20, 04:46:15 PM by Rebel SS »