Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242368 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

yea its unbelieveable some of the customer service you can get. pretty sad at times.  :pouty:

for what its worth, when i had the new AC put in :mooning: this summer, those guys that installed it said you dont need to cover the AC unit. they are designed, built and tested for outside elements in all kinds of different climates.

i simply use a heavier tarp that fits around my AC unit. use various straps and tie downs to secure it. i'm still going to cover it!!!!!!
Yea well, like I said mines up off the ground and doesn't get wrapped up tight. Never has
:scratch: :doah: Thought you did! :doofus: We just did like mikey down home 'cept we had some eyebolts & string to keep it in place.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: I said I covered it, didn't say I shrink wrap it. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Why not?  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: I said I covered it, didn't say I shrink wrap it. :rotflmao:
:tut: :bonk: :banghead: I know what you said but the way you said it  :huh: made me wonder :scratch: if'n you hadn't.  :nerd: :rolleyes: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya gotta watch out for those danged fog lines.........

Rochester, Mn.

(ABC 6 News) -- Authorities said two women were riding in a camper being pulled by a pickup truck when they got in a crash.

It happened around 4:00 Monday afternoon on Viola Road in Haverhill Township. According to the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office, 26-year-old Jontrell Overton-Smith of Kasson was driving the pickup. A 24-year-old Stewartville man was a passenger in the truck, and two women, 23 and 30 from Rochester, were riding in the camper.

Authorities say the passenger in the truck noticed Overton-Smith falling asleep at the wheel, and the truck was drifting over the fog line. The passenger told deputies he grabbed the wheel to try to correct it, but the truck drove onto the shoulder and the camper fishtailed into the ditch. The camper got knocked onto its side and was destroyed.
The 30-year-old woman riding in the camper was sent to the hospital with non life threatening injuries.

When deputies got there, they arrested Overton-Smith on suspicion of DWI. They also said they found amphetamines and marijuana on him.

Overton-Smith is facing charges of DWI and 5th-degree possession of a controlled substance.
« Last Edit: September 09/22/21, 11:28:13 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad on so many levels.  There are at least 4 people who all had to agree that it made sense to put two people in a trailer and take off down the road with the driver under the influence.
 :crazy:
Too ignorant to under stand the danger...
Too callous to respect the health, safety, and lives of the people in the trailer...
Too stoned to make a good decision...
 :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe it is actually legal to ride in the camper contrary to what I was told as I grew up.  BUT you are at the mercy of anything that hits that flimsy box.  NO protection whatsoever.  I have seen a few that were in the ditch and people were picking up their belongings after a gust of wind. Completely demolished.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Riding in the camper sounds like a good idea to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDx3HZ40qpc 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: That would be fun to watch!! Bet the beer sales were REAL GOOD too. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watch them on MAVTV!!  and they do figure 8's there!!!   skid plat racing too!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that was fun!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that was fun!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Then you oughtta build one o' dese!     :rotflmao: :bonk:

https://youtu.be/9vdw4qCaY-g

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/23/21, 12:19:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's getting worse... 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They have my offer to "counsel and advise" him before arraignment.  :whistling:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now they've gone too far with this pumpkin spice crap........... :doah:

https://youtu.be/YbXNcG3E8mc

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Now they've gone too far with this pumpkin spice crap........... :doah:

https://youtu.be/YbXNcG3E8mc
AMEN!   :puke:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: Cheese and rice... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, lotsa rocket scientists here..... :angry:  training-087

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- A mother has been sentenced for leaving her children in a hot car in Rochester.

Dectrini LaTanisha Boldien, 30, pleaded guilty to neglect and endangerment of a child. She will serve two years of supervised probation, as well as pay a $175 fine or do 17 hours of community work service.

Back in April, police pulled three children ages one, three, and four years old out of a car in the Olmsted County Government Center parking lot after Boldien allegedly left them to attend a court appearance.

Officers said the kids were lethargic, unresponsive, and drenched in sweat.

They were taken to Mayo-St. Marys Hospital via ambulance.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just some food for thought/perusal....what's your take?

Legal experts and law enforcement weigh in on use of force rights

Emily Pofahl
Created: September 29, 2021 05:57 PM

(ABC 6 News) - A Glenville man is arrested after he used a gun to try and stop someone from stealing his truck. Now, he's facing charges. 

38-year-old James Vinton of Glenville is facing charges of 2nd-degree assault with a dangerous weapon for shooting at a man he caught trying to steal his truck off his property. Vinton says he was just trying to scare the man off when he accidentally shot him.

The gunshot victim, Andre Williams is expected to make a full recovery and isn't yet facing charges.

For many that raises questions: Why was Vinton charged for trying to defend his property? Doesn't Minnesota law protect our right to self defense?

"You have a right to protect your property within reason. The operative word in this statute is reasonable. You're allowed to use reasonable force," Freeborn County Sheriff Kurt Freitag said.

For most situations, experts say using a gun is not reasonable because it's a lethal weapon.

"For somebody that thinks for example okay if someone comes on my two hundred acre farm I'm allowed to take out my shotgun and shoot at them and I'm being perfectly protected under the law. The answer is no you're not," said David Schultz, a law professor at the University of Minnesota and Hamline University.

In self-defense situations, Minnesota does not have a "stand your ground" law. This means you first have to try to run away before you try and defend yourself. Law enforcement suggests people consider all their options before acting with force in any situation.

"I would always encourage them to contact their sheriff's office or police department," Sheriff Freitag said.

Experts suggest you exhaust all other options before using lethal weapons to defend yourself and keep them entirely out of property disputes.
« Last Edit: September 09/29/21, 07:19:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sometimes i swear the criminal has more rights then the victims.  :bs:! Maybe he should have went with the 3 s solution.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sometimes i swear the criminal has more rights then the victims.  :bs:! Maybe he should have went with the 3 s solution.

Fact!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that is BS.  Just like the let the thugs in Minneapolis get away with anything and don't arrest them like they are trying to do down there.  Boggles my minds. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But, they "have rights''! Ayup.   Me too.  :evil:

https://youtu.be/buNwwAximcE