Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242303 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Had the guy fired a warning shot in the air he likely wouldn't be in trouble. Had he shot a perp breaking into his house he likely wouldn't be in trouble. Had he not shot at all he definitely wouldn't be in trouble.

It was a vehicle, nobody was in his house, it wasn't a car jacking. While I'm not anti gun I do think using your head is your responsibility.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Firing a warning shot in the air is also illegal.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I doubt the penalty is as much as shooting somebody. But maybe you guys do things differently down there.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah but it's the "rush" this farmer got....the feel good effect for shooting the bad guy...so often I hear.Ill shoot the f---er iffin he does?...so in this case it played out,maybe next time the farmer will have learned a lesson and drag the perp into the back door of the house( kicked in),cover drag marks,claim breaking n entry...

Just  a thought,most farmers I know bust they're asses each and everyday,they take thing's like theft very personel even tho most farmers are God loving folks.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way, good news  for all you Christmas shoppers! Noted yday while picking up my 'scrip, Walmart has all the aisles set with Christmas trees, decorations, wrapping paper, the whole ball of wax. And for more savings, some Halloween candy was already on markdowns. I even took a pic of the lawn and garden dept....or it was a while ago.  :party1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: :crazy: Glenn will LOVE that! :rotflmao: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  :happy1: :crazy: Glenn will LOVE that! :rotflmao: :laugh: :laugh:
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: bah humbug!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I think I've seen him in some of those People of Walmart emails... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He'll haveta wait 'til the garden center opens up next Spring to get his blue spangled garden shoes.  :evil:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WTH are we turning kids into?! A bunch of simpering, whiny me-me-me "I'm special because I don't even know if I'm a boy, girl, or an it"........

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/lego-vows-remove-gender-bias-toys-rcna2832

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, what a crock of shtuff!! So sad what they are doing.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, what a crock of shtuff!! So sad what they are doing.

2nd that.......

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
For those offended by todays toys, may I suggest a nice non-sexual, non gender, non-race, non-binary unassuming toy that's fun for all.....

https://youtu.be/-fQGPZTECYs

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is why I wear Crocs... :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
And it just keeps comin'.....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/12/us/minnetonka-apology-native-cec/index.html

Good God what next.  Did they even talk to any Tribal elders before embarrassing themselves?   :doofus:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is all sick!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope they don't hit Tonka next...I ain't givin' up my dump truck!!!  :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
                                 :rocker; :taz:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/rolling-stones-pull-brown-sugar-song-lyrics-about-slavery-live-n1281459

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Stupidity just keeps rolling. Have our left wing education system to thank for all this  :bs::angry2:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey McCartney...bite me!   Why don't you go have a tryst with Yoko Bono and Rocky Racoon? Throw in the walrus for good measure!  :moon:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/10/13/paul-mccartney-says-rolling-stones-a-blues-cover-band/8439133002/

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And they think this is something new?!   :rotflmao: :bonk:

COLLEGEVILLE, Minn. (AP) - The College of St. Benedict and St. John's University are investigating allegations that some male students started a competition this fall to tally sexual encounters with female students.

The allegations were first reported by the student newspaper, The Record.

A spokeswoman for the schools wouldn't provide details, but said they have been investigating since they learned about the allegations in late September.

The Institute for Women's Leadership at the College of St. Benedict is encouraging St. Benedict students to walk out of class Thursday afternoon and participate in a sit-in to demand action and stand up against sexual misconduct.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Seen that on the news last nite. Just 13 miles up the road from me.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What's next....classifying politicians as human?

Pablo Escobar's hippos recognized as legal persons in the U.S.

By Wade Sheridan

Around 100 hippos descended from hippos previously owned by Pablo Escobar are the first non-human creatures to be legally considered people by a U.S. court. File Photo by Bill Greenblatt/UPI | License Photo
Oct. 22 (UPI) -- A group of about 100 hippos, who are descendants of hippos that were owned by late drug lord Pablo Escobar, have been recognized as legal persons in the U.S.

This marks the first time ever that non-human creatures have been legally considered people.

The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio recognized the hippos as legal persons recently, an important step in trying to save the animals as authorities in Colombia have discussed killing them since 2009.

Escobar illegally imported animals at his ranch in Colombia until his death in 1993. The animals were sent to other zoos with the exception of four hippos too difficult to move. The four have now multiplied over the years with authorities referring to them as an invasive species.

Colombian attorney Luis Domingo Gómez Maldonado filed a lawsuit on the animals' behalf in July to save them from being killed, stating that sterilization would be a better option.

Non-human animals in Colombia have the right to bring lawsuits to protect their interests. Interested parties in the country are allowed to go to a federal court in the U.S. to obtain documents or testimony.

The Animal Defense League applied on behalf of the hippos and to compel two Ohio wildlife experts who study nonsurgical sterilization to provide testimony.

"Animals have the right to be free from cruelty and exploitation, and the failure of U.S. courts to recognize their rights impedes the ability to enforce existing legislative protections," Animal Legal Defense Fund Executive Director Stephen Wells said in a statement.

"The court's order authorizing the hippos to exercise their legal right to obtain information in the United States is a critical milestone in the broader animal status fight to recognize that animals have enforceable rights," he continued

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman