Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518593 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Cousins had his chance on Osbornes td, JJ was wide open on the other side. Then again it's just stats..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Cousins had his chance on Osbornes td, JJ was wide open on the other side. Then again it's just stats..
:pouty: it's ALWAYS cousins fault. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: it's ALWAYS cousins fault. :rotflmao:
It will be interesting to see if Cousins addresses that question during a news conference.  It may be as simple as he saw Osborn first and didn't even look Jefferson's way.  Or maybe being a right handed quarterback, it was easier to throw to the left corner of the end zone rather than reset his feet to throw right to JJ.

All that being said...  When was the last time Kapt. Kirk had two receivers wide open in the end zone where he had to make a decision?   :confused:

Then again... It was 'Da Bears.  :blues brothers:   ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/09/22, 05:44:33 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They ran a quick screen for JJ on the 1st play of the 2nd to last possesion & he couldn't catch it so the last time they had the ball Kubiak probably just said the he!! with it.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have always liked Zim even though I thought it is time for a change.  Now my opinion of him has completely changed.  He heard the crowd chant Jefferson and they showed him looking up at them.  Just to be an azz he didn't let Jefferson attempt to break the record because he is pissed at the audience and the press!  SO Zim I lost my respect for you.
« Last Edit: January 01/09/22, 07:42:42 PM by LPS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just heard Zim is gone and so is Speilman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess I got caught up in all the hysteria when I predicted Zim's firing hours after the game.  I should have given Zigy and Mark credit for being stand-up guys.  They will want it to be done as best as it can be - because there is no good way to do those things.  The Wilf's want to build a reputation among league coaches that theirs is a quality organization worth coming to.

But how about this for a scenario...

NFL insider links Patriot's Josh McDaniels disciple to Vikings head coaching job

It’s understandable that McDaniels would prefer to go to a team that is in need of a new general manager since he’s watched Patriots head coach Bill Belichick achieve success by also being the team’s general manager for more than a decade.

But don't those new "offensive guru" coaches want to go to a place where they have a skilled quarterback in place?   :confused:  Enter Kapt. Kirk!!!

Kirk Cousins gives interesting response to questions about Mike Zimmer

At times, it has seemed like Zimmer did not really have faith in Cousins as his quarterback. It’s certainly plausible that Cousins isn’t all that enamored with Zimmer, either.

Opinions vary on Cousins.  You may be skeptical about his overall leadership, but he can make throws when he is allowed to do so.  He had a slow start - production wise - the first couple of years, but when he figured it out, he was putting up pretty good numbers and making plays.  Problem is...  In Cousins' last two, best two years, Zim's once vaunted defense was at the very bottom of the league.

SO...  McDaniel's to the Vikes with Cousins in the last year of his deal.  McDaniel's takes the shackles off Cousins to see what he can do with the offensive weapons in a "prove it" season:  the O-Line is improving, Irv Smith should be back, Jefferson has arrived, Cook is a warrior.  Let's go!!!

But this isn't a superbowl formula yet, because the defense still sucks, but at least we'd finally get to see if Kirk is the guy under a guy with legit offensive bona fides.
« Last Edit: January 01/10/22, 08:45:10 AM by Steve-o »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Black Monday is here.....Vikes fire both Zimmer and Spielman this morning. Dolphins, Bears, and Denver also fire coaches.
« Last Edit: January 01/10/22, 08:42:14 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The look on his face when he left the field yday made me think he already knew he was done.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the thing about Zim.  He don't give a $#!T about what other people think - players, fans - It don't matter. 

Yeah, everyone knew it was time for a change.  But just think about how the fan base will remember him.  Giving Jefferson a chance to break the record - not even a guarantee, just an opportunity - he would have left an endearing memory for the fans and he would have been beloved and respected for it.

But by being a hard A$$ to teach JJ a lesson in humility, he was also giving a big FU to the fans - denying them one last opportunity for fans to cheer in a season that went pear-shaped early.

Unfortunately, despite his success, Vikes fans will remember Zim with the likes of Chili and Steckle instead of Grant and Burnsie - all because he took a knee at the end of his last game.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Zim and Spielman both fired.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Zim has HAD ;) a way of alienating player's who ain't "his guys" on defense.  Remember all that draft capital Spielman had to burn up because Zim ran Daniel Carlson out of town?  :angry:

Did anyone catch the comment in the Rams/Raiders game last night that Raider Daniel Carlson hasn't missed a field goal at home in two years?  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wel with ole zimmy gone, wonder how long barr will be around??????? barr wasnt a bad player......when he wasnt hurt, and he was definitely zims little pet for some reason!!!!!!

i like that biennemy guy from KC!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Both those late games were really good.  :happy1: :cool: Wouldn't have minded seein the  Rams & Chargers win though, hope the playoffs are like that. :crazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
wel with ole zimmy gone, wonder how long barr will be around??????? barr wasnt a bad player......when he wasnt hurt, and he was definitely zims little pet for some reason!!!!!!

i like that biennemy guy from KC!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Y'all remember when Bieniemy was the running back's coach for the Vikes?

Still, opinions are mixed.  Here is Sansever's take:  Sansevere: Zimmer is a goner but don’t replace him with Bieniemy

I don’t understand the fascination some fans and media folk have with Bieniemy. Yeah, he’s the offensive coordinator with the Kansas City Chiefs. But he doesn’t call the plays. Head coach Andy Reid does.

To me, Bieniemy is another Brad Childress, who didn’t call the plays when he was the Philadelphia Eagles’ offensive coordinator under Reid.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard some say he has baggage so stay away from him.  I don't know what that means but I am wary of him now. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
heard that to LPS!!!!!!!

i'm wondering how long it will be before Jefferson says something regarding zimmers.......i dont care comment.

the more that comes out about zimmer, the more i'm beginning to think zimmy new this was coming and just gave the middle finger to the whole organization............

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even though I would like to see a younger coach I would like to give Carroll a try.  I would even like it more if he brought Wilson with him.   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard some say he has baggage so stay away from him.  I don't know what that means but I am wary of him now. 
:scratch: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6/18169793/bengals-coach-search-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos How's that for a little baggage?  :confused:
« Last Edit: January 01/10/22, 11:37:40 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On KFAN this morning Greenway sounded like he has a lot of respect for Doug Pederson. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Media likes to over-simplify NFL head coach moves an opportunities and it is fashionable to keep writing on the race angle since there are relatively few black head coaches.

Fact of the matter is, not every "hot" offensive or defensive coordinator - regardless of race or how much dues they've paid - is cut out to be a successful head coach.  And the Vikings history with Leslie Frazier and now Zimmer bear that out.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
meh, just about everyones got skeletons. its in the past...need to move forward.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
On KFAN this morning Greenway sounded like he has a lot of respect for Doug Pederson.

Doug Pederson did weekly interviews with Dan Barreiro and sounded like a competent, stand-up guy; a good coach.  I like him and wouldn't mind seeing him stay on as defensive coordinator.  He probably learned a lot from Zim and has some ideas of his own.  But that will all be up to the next GM/HC.

I'm not sure he'd be the best choice for the Vikings HC right now.  Like I said in the earlier post, they need a guy who really knows how to keep an offense fresh so they can find out how good their offensive squad (Cousins) really can be.

(Like if you need 7 yards on 3rd down, how about sending  the receivers out 8 yards instead of all those check-down routes and runs-up-the-gut to Cook?  :confused:  :doah:  :angry:)

Either that or find a GM who can miraculously deal Cousins in the last ($45M cap hit) year of his contract and find a better franchise QB upgrade going forward.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
meh, just about everyones got skeletons. its in the past...need to move forward.
:scratch: Just showin LPS what his baggage is! :rolleyes: :confused:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, I hope this rumor is garbage. 

Rumor: Vikings Have Been Linked to Lane Kiffin as Potential Head Coach Candidate  :puke:

P.S.  I need to relax.  ...All these sports scribes speculating about the next head coach.  Don't they need to hire a GM before anyone worries about who the coach is going to be?   :confused:
« Last Edit: January 01/10/22, 04:26:36 PM by Steve-o »

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We should start a pool to see how many minutes it is after the game before they announce officially announce Zimmer's firing.

180 minutes

Looks like I win again!!
 I was the only one to put minutes instead of hours before the Vikings fearless leader got the axe!
Good ridden!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Big deal.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  Ya it took longer than I thought it would.  Congrats.  You have done well. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Man, I hope this rumor is garbage. 

Rumor: Vikings Have Been Linked to Lane Kiffin as Potential Head Coach Candidate  :puke:

The Wilfs are saying they will hire a new GM before a head coach.

P.S.  I need to relax.  ...All these sports scribes speculating about the next head coach.  Don't they need to hire a GM before anyone worries about who the coach is going to be?   :confused:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
That's the thing about Zim.  He don't give a $#!T about what other people think - players, fans - It don't matter. 

Yeah, everyone knew it was time for a change.  But just think about how the fan base will remember him.  Giving Jefferson a chance to break the record - not even a guarantee, just an opportunity - he would have left an endearing memory for the fans and he would have been beloved and respected for it.

But by being a hard A$$ to teach JJ a lesson in humility, he was also giving a big FU to the fans - denying them one last opportunity for fans to cheer in a season that went pear-shaped early.

Unfortunately, despite his success, Vikes fans will remember Zim with the likes of Chili and Steckle instead of Grant and Burnsie - all because he took a knee at the end of his last game.

Zim doesn't deal with prima donna wide receivers very well. Thats how Diggs ended up in Buffalo.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093