Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 602745 times)

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Note to the new guys and gal......Vikings bandwagon jumping is alive and well here also. Just a couple of weeks ago everybody wanted JJ, Cousins and Hunter traded for nothing more than draft capitol. Now after a couple of wins people are scouting for cheap airlines tickets to the Super Bowl. This place is just like IDO in that respect.
  :rotflmao:

Thanks for the heads up Dutch. Kinda figured that was a state wide thing anyway!  :crazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone glowed over Kirk's Monday night performance and the defense played well against San Fran's sputtering offense - but give them credit where credit is due.  They always say, just make it into the playoffs and anything can happen...

The key to all this is, do the Vikings think they can sign Cousins, Jefferson and still have enough left over to improve their other needs?  :confused:

Their salary cap was one of the worst positions in the NFL last off season and probably won't be that much better next off season.  Something has to give. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They currently have slightly > than $10 million in cap space, which is 8th best in the entire league according to this: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/  :cool: So, they've been doing something right as that's much better than when last season ended. To be fair, it's not all Kwesi, as I have heard this guy's name mentioned more than a few times as being 1 of the best at dealing with the Salary Cap issues. https://www.vikings.com/team/front-office-roster/rob-brzezinski
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, Brzenzinski has a good reputation.  And the fact that he is still here after Spielman and Zimmer are gone speaks to that and his relationship with the Wilfs.

But I'm guessin' the reason for being 8th best now is because they don't have a QB1 signed for next season.  $10M ain't goona get Kapt. Kirk or JJ signed, let alone both of them.   I think Brzenzinski still has his work cut out for him.  ;)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I think him & that Ivy Leaguer economics guy will figure it out. :smiley:
« Last Edit: October 10/27/23, 03:24:33 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Which Viking's team shows up today? :scratch: Last week's or the 1 that played the Bears? :confused:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
We can only hope the good team shows up. The pecker fans become intolerable when they win.
Although back to back to back HOF quarterbacks won't be happening there. The Lovefest grows weaker every week.

37-7 with GB scoring on a kick return.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Love has been among the worst in the league against the blitz this season, so I think Flores will have 'em coming a lot & from everywhere. https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/vikings_defense_is_using_everybody_everywhere_all_the_time/s1_17017_39455673

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SMACK THE PACK
« Last Edit: October 10/29/23, 11:45:40 AM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We're listening to it, sounds like a fun game to watch.  Think it was Bercich said that it looks like Cousins at practice eating up some yards..lol.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We can only hope the good team shows up. The pecker fans become intolerable when they win.

I do business with a lot of Packer fans.  Some are ok, and don’t take a game’s outcome as a life changing experience, but I won’t talk to a few for couple days after they play the Vikings. If they win, they are smug and intolerable, if they lose they’re pouty and complain about officiating or some other thing that caused the loss.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
that Mettelus D-back for the Vikes has been looking pretty good of late!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The team looks like they are having fun and playing good.  Hope they can keep it up. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Packers are missing Rogers. Lee has a LONG way to go. Can't hit long passes. Vikings Defense played well. :happy1: :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
heard some discouraging news about cousins  :confused: :doah: early report is a torn Achilles!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Just when they were starting to put things together.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Remember, offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Most likely out for the season. :pouty: :pouty:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Some interesting decisions to be made. If Cousins is out for the season, do they stick with Hall?  Trade for someone with a little more experience?
Either way I think Cousin’s market value just dropped. Maybe he’d be willing to stay here at a reduced price for future year or two?
« Last Edit: October 10/29/23, 07:11:29 PM by fishwidow »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some interesting decisions to be made. If Cousins is out for the season, do they stick with Hall?  Trade for someone with a little more experience?
Either way I think Cousin’s market value just dropped. Maybe he’d be willing to stay here at a reduced price for future year or two?
:scratch: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38775402/after-losing-kirk-cousins-do-minnesota-vikings-do-now  :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Kind of surprised to see Flores opt to play coverage versus pressure on the last 2-3 GB possessions yday. He only had 3 rush & 7 or 8 in the secondary on 3rd & 4th downs.  Had 1 LB on 1 play, I think. :scratch: Not his usual MO, worked though. :happy1: :cool:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, but Luv wasn't exactly posing a formattable threat thru the air.  You have to rush/hurry elite passers to get them off their spot or they will pick you apart.  Apparently Flores wasn't too worried about that at the end of the game.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Addison kicking butt.  JJ looking to reset the $$$ bar for WR1s in free-agency.  Kirk out the rest of the year.

I wonder what teams might be willing to give up to get JJ.   :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That or he thought he could get good enough pressure with just 3. They have been playing Smith, Bynum, & Metellus all at Safety & often at the same time. He has used Smith & Metellus both on the pass rush quite a bit too, so he could change from coverage to pressure just before the snap too. :scratch: That's pretty tough on a young QB. :cool:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard that there's been quite a bit of interest in #99 but a 2nd Rd pick was the most anybody offered & that wasn't good enough. Personally, I don't think they'll be trading anyone. Especially, after they make a move at QB by tomorrow. I'm not certain when Mullens can come off IR but personally I don't see Hall starting next week. They have Mannion on the Practice Squad & IMO he'd start before Hall. McCoy or Keenum is my guess who they sign. :scratch:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we all (mostly me ;) ) have to remember the Vikings weren't as bad as their 1-3 start.  They were in all those game and shot themselves in the foot.  But now, having weathered the toughest part of the schedule and with some games under their belt, this offensive line is playing better, and Flores seems to be a coach who creates schemes to fit his players - not the other way around.  That is what makes the Cousins injury to tragic for the team and fans.

A #2 for JJ might have been all they'd offer before - but it could go up at the deadline.  Question is, would Adofo-Mensah pull the trigger for just a #1?   :confused:  (I would - with the right team, who looks to have a high draft pick next year.)

I ain't advocating for Keenum one way or the other in this scenario, but I've been trying to figure out how long it has been since the Vikes had a bonafide QB2 on the roster.  Was it Keenum?   :scratch:  Or maybe no one thought much of him at the time either and he simply made the most of his opportunity. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another week for Mullens, at least.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Minnesota Vikings confirmed everyone’s worst fears in reporting that an MRI revealed Kirk Cousins tore his right Achilles tendon.

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Watched a Press conference by head coach KOC. He said all options are on the table for a replacement QB. There are a few reports that they are trying to make a trade for Jameis Winston - YUCK !!! I'd rather take out chances with what we have now. 
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Winston would be one of the last people I even want to be around let alone be our QB.  It is fun to contemplate who we could get this quick but at the same time I would like to give Hall a few games or maybe the rest of the season to see what he can do for us.