Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 601414 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JJ McCarthy to have meniscus surgery. :angry2:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
A setback for sure.  Still, for Sam Darnold's sake, I'm glad he'll get a fair shake to lead this team.  I hate the group-think that says you gotta play the rookie ASAP because he is your future.  To my mind, you play the best guy as long as he is the best guy and you don't worry about how much money any one of 'em makes.

Best case scenario is that Sam tears it up all season and leads them thru a play-off run and gives McCarthy a year to hold the clip board.  I don't think anyone expects the Vikes to want to resign Sam after this season, but wouldn't it be fun if he played well enough to make the conversation interesting?  But on the other hand, y'all remember how we became infatuated with Case Keenum, and it ain't as if he became any other team's franchise guy.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right, GO SAM!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
McCarthy will undergo one of two procedures — a choice that will be made at the time of his surgery when doctors get a better sense for the scope of the damage. He'll either have a trim or "cleanup" of the meniscus, which would put him on a return timeline of around 3-6 weeks, or he'll have a full repair done, which would keep him out for 4-6 months.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: August 08/13/24, 02:29:22 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Just do the complete job now. He doesn't need to play this season anyway. Let him sit, learn, heal and watch and be 100% ready to go next year.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
McCarthy out for the season, full repair

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I still think it will be more entertaining to watch Sam Darnold try to prove himself as a bona fide NFL starter (probably his last chance to do so) than to hope the new kid would have been capable of lighting it up right out of the chute.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree.  I hope Sam takes advantage of this great situation.  I am rooting for him. He is the man now. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Addison, the Vikings' standout second-year wide receiver, left today's joint practice session in Cleveland on a cart, according to reporters on the scene. He went down on the sideline holding his leg after leaping for a contested pass. Addison then hobbled off the field with the assistance of trainers and was taken the rest of the way on a cart for further evaluation. :angry2:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Another set back Ken, just keeps getting better and better.  We will be totally screwed if Sam gets hurt at any time this season...

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Addison will be suspended a couple games anyway for his DUI.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad they let Osborne slip away, kinda liked how he got open.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
After practice, Kevin O'Connell said Addison has an ankle injury and is unlikely to practice tomorrow, but he doesn't believe it's a serious issue, according to Matthew Coller. "I think he's going to be OK," O'Connell said.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Addison will be suspended a couple games anyway for his DUI.
I read where it would most likely be 3, if he pleads or is found guilty. Along those same lines...............ESPN’s Dan Graziano reported on August 9 that the Vikings expect Addison, who is facing drunk driving charges in California, to be suspended late in the season or during the 2025 offseason.If this is the case, the Vikings would avoid a scenario where the team would be without Addison and Pro Bowl tight end T.J. Hockenson, who is expected to miss at least the first month of the season while recovering from knee surgery.

“The Vikings anticipate that a suspension is coming at some point. But due to the speed with which those matters move at the league office, they’re comfortable in their belief that any suspension would come either late this season or during the 2025 offseason,” Graziano wrote. “There was some concern that an Addison suspension could overlap with the early part of the season, when they’ll be without tight end T.J. Hockenson as he recovers from a season-ending torn ACL, but that doesn’t seem likely
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So now there is a new conspiracy theory wondering when McCarthy really injured his knee.  Some think it may have been injured way back when he was in college and that is why he didn't participate in the combines.  ???

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Meh.  Machts nichts.  QBs get drafted on their up-side talent more so than their injury history.

The only thing the pundits argue about is whether or not - because of an injury - he should have been a 'high' or 'low' first round draft pick to grade teams as to whether they did something smart or dumb by drafting him where they did.

Wear and tear on the knee could be cumulative dating back to college, but if it was that bad when the Vikes worked him out in March, something should have flagged.  Still, even if it goes back that far, it'll just be a footnote on his Wikipedia bio.  The good news is they seem to be able to surgically repair many of those things to good-as-new.  It isn't career ending like it used to be in the Carl Eller days.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Big news, Vikings sign quarterback Matt Corral

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh really.  I wondered if they wouldn't do that with JJ going down.  Will have to research him.  Is he any good?

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
He was unemployed during training camps of 32 teams. That should tell you something.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He was drafted in the third round of the 2022 draft by the Panthers.  Was also with the Patriots I believe and was in the UFL.  ?????  Must have been cheap.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
there were a few names floating around the web.......but you know how that works.

yea being with the Panthers.....he didnt have alot of help. there are a few QB's with questionable seasons based on who they were with?
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
For sure.  As in Darnold.  He got some great training in SF after the disaster at the Jets.  Now here with KOC.  Has to be a dream come true for him and I hope it works.  Good for him. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much faith in our backups I guess,  and here I thought they were shopping cornerbacks, I was way off..

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Good God.  The Vikings the last few years has been like this coming election!  The crazy,  criminals and old washed up and feeble!  :pouty:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am so glad to hear you say the old washed up and feeble Leech.  You are coming around.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good God.  The Vikings the last few years has been like this coming election!  The crazy,  criminals and old washed up and feeble!  :pouty:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you aint  :bs:'ing us........you already bought a new lawnchair for the super bowl parade!!!!!!  :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you aint  :bs:'ing us........you already bought a new lawnchair for the super bowl parade!!!!!!  :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
When the Vikings win a Superbowl, I'll text you from my box to yours!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Big news, Vikings sign quarterback Matt Corral
:scratch: One writer's spin on it.......................Frankly, I’d be stunned if Corral turned out to be anything more than a body to potentially take some reps in the third preseason game for the Vikings. He certainly won’t be ready to play in tomorrow’s game against the Cleveland Browns. After losing McCarthy, the Vikings are likely going to put Sam Darnold in bubble wrap or cryogenic storage or something until Week 1 of the regular season, and somebody will have to play quarterback the next two Saturdays.

Welcome to Minnesota, Matt Corral!
:confused: The entire article: https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/8/16/24222181/minnesota-vikings-sign-matt-corral-place-j-j-mccarthy-injured-reserve
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon