Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 601423 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And like a typical man, I'd rather be right than happy.    ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was actively involved in all 4.  It is a deep scar.  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Says it doesn't exist Gunner. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of stories out there covering it.  This one 'splains how the "void" year in 2028 can help the team with the books down the road.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/wiggled-a-caveat

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Says it doesn't exist Gunner. 

The basics: According to Star Tribune’s Ben Goessling, general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah restructured T.J. Hockenson’s contract, a predictable move to provide the purple team some breathing room. “The Vikings, who had less than $1M in salary cap space, cleared room with a signing bonus conversion in T.J. Hockenson’s contract. Hockenson had a base of $9.9M; the Vikings could clear up to $7.92M with a conversion. He already had a void year in his deal to stash cap space,” Goessling tweeted Friday mornin

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they activated 2 off the practice squad for today's game. Gaskin a RB & McCain a safety.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure looking forward to the game today.  I have good feelings about Darnold and hope he has fun and does good.  This is a great opportunity for him.  Get it to the guys and let them excel.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
pretty impressed with  that Darnold feller so far!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The Giants were horrible.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I enjoyed watching our defensive front, they seem to be all over the place.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I predict a Vikings loss in a low  scoring affair. 
What do i know?  :confused:  That's right... nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the 49ers are favored by 5.5 so far.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty impressed with  that Darnold feller so far!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
Darnold & Jones will need to stay healthy for them to have a good season. Addison will have some tests done on his ankle today, but it's not thought to be serious. :scratch:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
AND...  If the Vikes can find a way to beat San Fran at home next week, and now - perhaps - facing the Packers in Week 3 without Jordan Love - surviving that brutal schedule to start the season seems more doable. 

Still, both the Lions and the Rams looked good enough last night to believe they will give the Vikes a run for their money in Weeks 5 and 6.  I'm really anxious to see how the Aaron Rogers-led Jets look tonight.

Now the Giants didn't put up much of a threat, but I do like the way the Vikings defense looked, and if they can do something similar against better offenses, they should be able to be a factor in all of those games.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya hopefully the D can hold a better team off.  We spotted the Giants a lot of yards too with all of the penalties we had on both sides of the ball.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And it seemed like lots of the calls were ticky-tack, non-foul calls - at least if the announcers are to be belived.  For a while there, it seemed like there was a flag on every play.  The Vikings had 7 penalties for 63 yards.  The Giants had 9 penalties for 95 yards.  :doah:

Surprisingly, the Giants had 68 plays to the Vikings 51 and led time of possession 32:26 to 27:34.  :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I can’t believe no one commented on how god awful those Giants uniforms were.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Compared to some of the old throw-back or new, fangled electric-colored uniforms, I didn't think that Giants uniform was as bad as some.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I hope the niners bum rush Erin every play and hit him whenever possible. If he lasted less than a 1/2 I would be happy. The sooner that clown retires the better.

Other than that I don't care who wins.   :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope the niners bum rush Erin every play and hit him whenever possible. If he lasted less than a 1/2 I would be happy. The sooner that clown retires the better.

Other than that I don't care who wins.   :rotflmao:
I was kind of hoping Rogers would win, to have the 9ers coming off of a loss into our game next week with them!   :surrender:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched until the start of 4th quarter.  Erin had just scored a TD and tried a 2 pt conversion and it failed so I got a laugh out of that.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We beat 'em @ US bank last year & I'm sure they haven't forgot that. :rolleyes: Read where Mccaffery is expected to still be out but his #2 had 28 carries for 147 last night.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully #2 is all worn out by the time they get here.  LOL

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
9ers looked REALLY good.  To say they will be a good test for Brian Flores' revamped defense is an understatement.

AND the Vikes have the Jets in Week 4.  They didn't put many points on the board, but Erin showed some flashes and that he can still fling the ball.  Hassan Reddick continues to hold out for the Jets.  He's already out $5M before the season started and looses $800K for each game missed.  Whether he's back against the Vikes, whether he plays and is effective after the hold-out - who cares.  I'm just hoping that the Jets continue to deal with distractions and do what the Jets always do - melt.  I'm hoping it is before Week 4.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Couldn't be happier with Erin losing.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Aaron
He is still to young and healthy for the Vikings to want him.
And not enough of a thug although he is quite odd.
« Last Edit: September 09/10/24, 11:07:28 AM by roony »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He plays the role he has created for himself well.  He knows the cameras are always zoomed in on his face to catch his expressions and body language.

If he makes a big play its "look at me, look at me now".
If a receiver drops the ball its "how could you do that to me."

I don't think any of that is accidental.  I think he cultivates his persona.  Its his "brand."

Y'all see him at the end of the game after he got pulled?  He was talking to some guy on the sidelines thru a towel so the viewers couldn't read his lips.  He knows the cameras are always on him and he love it.