Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517877 times)

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

April 26, 2019 12:31 AM

EAGAN, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota Vikings selected North Carolina State center Garrett Bradbury with the 18th overall pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night, using their first-rounder on an offensive lineman for the first time in seven years.

With the front five again their position of greatest need , the Vikings could hardly have had the board fall to them any better. Alabama tackle Jonah Williams, who could wind up as a guard in the NFL, was the first blocker off the board at No. 11 to Cincinnati. Boston College guard Chris Lindstrom went to Atlanta at No. 14.

Then the Vikings had their pick of the rest, with Florida tackle Jawaan Taylor, Oklahoma tackle Cody Ford and Washington State tackle Andre Dillard all available.

With the 6-foot-3, 306-pound Bradbury, the Vikings got a mobile anchor and a natural fit with the zone-blocking scheme they'll be favoring to try to generate more of a running game and keep the pressure off quarterback Kirk Cousins. Pat Elflein, who has been the starting center since being Minnesota's third-round draft pick in 2017, becomes a strong candidate to move to guard, his primary college position.

The Vikings did not go with another cornerback. General manager Rick Spielman even joked this week at his pre-draft news conference that his wife told him not to come home if the Vikings were to use that precious first-rounder on another player at the head coach's favorite position, where Mike Zimmer has helped develop several draft picks into standouts over the last five seasons.

Last year, the Vikings passed on a deep class of interior offensive linemen to take cornerback Mike Hughes out of Central Florida with the 30th overall pick. Hughes showed plenty of promise , returning an interception for a touchdown in his NFL debut, but he tore the ACL in his left knee six games into his rookie season.

With Hughes coming off his injury, Holton Hill suspended for the first four games this year and Trae Waynes entering the final season of his contract, cornerback wouldn't have been an indulgent selection. But the need up front, after a so-so first season under Cousins, was too glaring to ignore.

The only other time in the 13 drafts the Vikings have had with Spielman that they made an offensive lineman their first pick was 2012, when tackle Matt Kalil went to them at No. 4 overall. He made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, but his five-year tenure with the team was mixed at best. That was the first draft with Spielman as the final decision-maker. When he was vice president of player personnel before his promotion, Spielman shared authority with the head coach.

The Vikings have only used a first-round selection on an offensive lineman three times in the past 30 years: Kalil, Bryant McKinnie (2002) and Todd Steussie (1994). They were each picked for at least one Pro Bowl. Two of the three others taken in the first round in Vikings history, Randall McDaniel (1988) and Ron Yary (1968), are Pro Football Hall of Fame members.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cool: Watched the video of Zimmer's news conference after the pick & he seemed very high on 'em. Athletic, quick, tough, & smart were all adjectives used to describe him more than once.  :applause: :happybounce: :happybounce: He kinda joked with reporters about not takin a corner 2 or 3 times. Was wonderin :scratch: who was most likely to stay at center too, Bradbury or Elfein? :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would like to see that Gunner.  Looks like Elfein will go to guard which is what he played in college.  I didn't know that.  He did a great job at Center. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I wasn't aware that he played mostly guard in college either LPS. Thought he did such a good job at center as a rookie that it was his normal position, then he got hurt last season. :sad:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Minnesota Vikings selected North Carolina State center Garrett Bradbury with the 18th overall pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rounds 2 & 3 tonight starting at 6.  They go faster now than they did last night.  SO Chicago didn't have a pick last night due to the trade to get Mack.  Saturday it gets started at 11 am I believe.  We pick at 50 but you never know when a deal will be made to move up some.  I will keep an eye on it as long as the wife allows it.  LOL  She is a huge Vikes fan like me so she is pretty good about it. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
https://youtu.be/EVU9HHS0ftk   Check these Bradbury highlights. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
listening to my favorite radio station driving in this morning, bob sansavere was on and talking about this guy. they said the only knock hereally had was he gets called for holding frequently.

Michelle Tafoya is on that morning show a fair amount too, but wasnt this morning.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually have KFAN on.  Sometimes I listen to old 1500 KSTP which then went to ESPN and is now SKOR North.  Don't know what that means.  Some one must have bought them out or they just joined another group.  ???
« Last Edit: April 04/26/19, 03:20:31 PM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The article I read said he played TE in high school & started 13 games at guard his 1st season at NC St..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that he started every game with no injury time outs in college.  That is a plus.  Also he graduated in 3 years since he is very smart and got his degree earlier.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that he started every game with no injury time outs in college.  That is a plus.  Also he graduated in 3 years since he is very smart and got his degree earlier.
:happy1: :cool:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like we got a TE tonight. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A RB from Boise St too in the 3rd round

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where they got a tackle, guard, & a couple WR's later on. Read where they thought the guard could help right away but the tackle was expected to need a little work. Some depth was needed at WR :happy1: & maybe convince Treadwell that he needs to hold on to the freakin ball. :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone needs to send Treadwell a jar of stickum.  :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone needs to send Treadwell a jar of stickum.  :rolleyes:
  :happy1: It looks like they might've given up on him. Seen yday where they opted out on signing him to a 5th year option, might be why they took a couple WR's late in the draft.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:  Too bad for him too.  Just didn't seem like he got it. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah too bad. They definitely gave him plenty of opportunities.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah too bad. They definitely gave him plenty of opportunities.
Size & speed but couldn't focus enough to hold on to the ball when they needed him too :scratch:. A first round pick too! :doah: Ouch! :bonk:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I probably already said this but I am excited about the picks this year.  Even our last picks are pretty smart guys that can maybe surprise us as back ups.  I like Irv as a TE too.  I think he will add a new dimension.  AND the RB Mattison I guess is a tough guy to tackle.  That all along with Bradbury is all positive for me.  I'm thinking about 10 wins and that could win the division.  Remember Chicago now has Patterson.  Man I liked him although he wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree I guess.  He could hurt us.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Duluth, MN - A 7 year old boy was at the center of a court room drama yesterday when he challenged the court’s ruling of who should have custody of him.
The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and was initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beats him more than his parents, and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he should live with his grandparents, the boy cried and then stated they beat him also.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life for them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Minnesota Vikings, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone. #HookLineAndSinker

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: :bonk: :bonk: :tut: :tut: :thumbs: :thumbs: :pouty:................................. :bs: ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Read a pc yday where they said it would've cost 'em> $10 mil to keep Treadwell, no wonder they're letting  him walk. :crazy: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That poor kid. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
NFC North win totals: Vikings a sleeper! :rotflmao:

:coffee: .....
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/MIN/minnesota-vikings/
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again