Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517789 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY!!!  YOU MEAN TOM BRADY IS COMING TO THE VIKINGS????    RIGHT ON!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I suppose we will get a first or second round draft pick too.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
« Last Edit: October 10/02/19, 06:12:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well you took the fun right out of that.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  So no Brady you are saying??

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll answer with a Glenn retort:   Maybe.  :pouty:           :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/02/19, 07:34:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
*JUST OUT*   (6:00 PM)  *NO TRADE FOR DIGGS*

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/minnesota-vikings/nfl-insider-has-update-on-stefon-diggs-trade
:happy1: He's just in the 2nd year of a 5 year deal, so I don't think he's going anywhere. Zimmer might  :scratch: be gone before he is IMO. :doah: ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be willing to listen to Diggs' mea culpa, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it.  Here is his contract.

Stefon Diggs signed a 5 year, $72,000,000 contract with the Minnesota Vikings, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $40,007,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,400,000. In 2019, Diggs will earn a base salary of $8,900,000, a roster bonus of $468,750 and a workout bonus of $100,000.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good work on the stats Steve.  Didn't make sense to me to trade him, but there was a ton of speculation about it.  It started from what I saw about a emoji that had no face on it.  To me I thought it meant no comment [about not getting enough passes or passes thrown].  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would have liked to read that RH.  But CBS deleted it evidently.  Darn.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Knowing CBS, they probably reported something else without facts!  :coffee:

Please someone, find a news clip where the Vikings traded Cousins!   :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
The article said that Diggs was on the trading block at one point.  It said that Diggs was very upset over the Bears game.  that may have been the reason he was a no show at practice on Wednesday.  Anyway the team told the players that he won't be traded.  Diggs brother also said he may get traded.  So according to the article the rumor was true but it's in the past now.  He does get emotional.  I remember the stupid penalty he took after he scored a TD and then took his helmet off which cost the team.  I do like it when players get emotional in a productive way but not getting a penalty.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I saw rumblings about a trade involving Brady for Diggs on Twitter several days ago. The Tweet was totally fabricated just to get a reaction. My involvement on Twitter is primarily ag related but you learn real fast on that medium to take everything with a grain of salt as there are basically no filters. It's a free for all reminding me of the old DNR forums!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Click on the NFL in the blue at the top LPS & it's there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder who the team was.  Remember this last offseason Diggs brother who plays for the Redskins took a pic of our Diggs in a Redskins jersey.  Maybe they are interested. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Some of the stuff I read they were talking the eagles but wasn't likely until AFTER the Vikings play the eagles.

Just another over paid football player whining he's not getting the ball enough. :pouty: and I loved his sticky hands commercial. :pouty:
« Last Edit: October 10/03/19, 01:22:43 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like they'd be in the running for someone who can catch the ball. Read a graphic somewhere (Twitter?  :rotflmao:)  where they were tops in the league for catches muffed that should've been made.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to a guy I know who follows football like crazy.  Lives for it.  He heard the Vikings wanted a no. 1 draft pick for him.  So if that was the case it would be a loosing team that he would be traded to.  Must of fell apart.  Can always make a deal next year if that's the case.  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
How would you like to be a head coach of a professional sports team?

Coaches know there is no substitute for talent.  You can't coach it into players, so you need to put up with the antics of athletes who have been coddled their whole lives and now feel entitled to all that money, whether they put in a full day's work or not.

Last time I checked, this is a team sport, and everyone relies on you to be there everyday, not just Sundays.

However, the better you are, the more rope you get.

But what do I know?

Good luck.  Indeed.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup a bunch of Divas used to getting their behinds kissed.  Although they aren't all like that.  BUT yes some are. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

My fear is if they don't throw the man some balls soon, he will be the one looking for a trade!   :doah:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I switched to HD cable with a DVR here so I could watch the Vikes game this weekend.  As you know Dish and Fox are squabbling.  No matter who's fault it is its not on so bye bye Dish.  They just got done hooking it all up.  So clear it is kind of weird.  Well I am on the phone canceling my Dish service.  The cancel service area has a 24 minute wait.  I don't think a company wants that department to be that busy. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Not the first time Dish and Fox went at it.  The first time they did it I switched  to cable.  Friend of mine said to use a ap like Hulu.  Checked it out and we saved almost $180 per month.  Have to have a smart TV.  Get all the games plus a ton of channels.  Also got a antenna and hooked it up.  Get all the local channels and movies ect.  Total $48 per month.  I will never look back.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is Diggs getting interviewed today.  Not a happy guy.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/stefon-diggs-on-trade-rumors-there  .good luck.  Looks like after I clicked it on here it didn't work.  Maybe Steve can work his magic again.
« Last Edit: October 10/03/19, 05:12:07 PM by Reinhard »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is Diggs getting interviewed today.  Not a happy guy.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/stefon-diggs-on-trade-rumors-there  .good luck.  Looks like after I clicked it on here it didn't work.  Maybe Steve can work his magic again.

Stefon Diggs on trade rumors: 'There's truth to all rumors,' unclear if Vikings 'want me'

Diggs didn't exactly deny that he's at odds with the team, responding to a question about trade rumors with this: "There's truth to all rumors."

"I won't be speaking on that," Diggs added, per The Athletic. Later in his media session, however, the wideout returned to the subject, saying, "I feel like there's truth to all rumors, regardless on what it is -- good or bad. I can't say what's real and what's not."

Asked whether he's requested a trade, Diggs said he personally hasn't communicated anything like that to the Vikings. But he also wouldn't rule out that his agent had done so for him.

"I haven't spoken to him," Diggs said. "You got to talk to him."

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that even in the preseason workouts he had something bothering him.  Maybe it is the run first philosophy in general that is bothering him. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
In general I think if you are on contract and accept the contract and getting paid better than Thielen then you should do all you can to help the team, not just yourself.  It's not good to have a disgruntled worker in the workplace.  Not in a company or a NFL team.  Especially if your getting millions.  It's not about one person, Diggs is not the head coach nor any coach.  You get a play called and it gets excecuted.  This complaining will do him no good in the future.  Teams will think, yes he will help our team, but is it worth his emotional outbursts that could disrupt the team.  The Patriots don't put up with those antics and the Vikings should do the same.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another Randy Moss type problem?  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'd bench that whiny little brat!!!!!!!!!! show him.  :happy1:

but den i guess thats why i'm not an NFL  head coach!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank god!   :doah: