Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517577 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: friggin Packers won!! :angry2: :angry2: :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: friggin Packers won!! :angry2: :angry2: :pouty: :pouty:
:tut: :thumbs:  More like were given the game!!  Those 2 calls of hands to the face on the Lions DE were  :bs:, replay clearly shows his hands were on his shoulders both times.  :taz: :pouty: There was a pass interference on a deep pass that should've been called on GB too. :mad1:  Even the official in the booth agreed that the guys on the field screwed up those calls. :doah: Quite a bit on this on the early sports talk shows so I'm curious to see what the league has to say about it.  :rolleyes: Even Jason brought it up on WCCO just now. 1 TD instead of all those FG's & it wouldn't of mattered.  :sad: Sure hope that group of officials aren't doin any Vikes games later on this season.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember a game we played there a couple of years ago.  The Packers would get right up to the line and snap the ball so penalties would go in their favor since noone had time to see the replays.  Drove me nuts.  They never did go back and show us the replays. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
All the teams will try that now but not very many other teams get so many :bs: calls as those %#@~?>< Cheeseheads! :banghead:  :taz: :puke: :angry2:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All the teams will try that now but not very many other teams get so many :bs: calls as those %#@~?>< Cheeseheads! :banghead:  :taz: :puke: :angry2:
that cause Erin is a big baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doofus: :pouty:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I think the rule book is about 750 pages long and way to many "infractions" are up to the whim of the guy with a flag. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
What a joke.  Really frustrates me when the refs rule the game instead of the players.  Lions were robbed.  Seems like Brady and Rodgers get better calls to help them.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
42 to 30 and the Vikings win.  Great game.  Have to say Cousins is looking better in my eye's.  We have a good team.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree RH..  Good to see he blended in with the team..

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
We have the buy next week so everyone should come back healthy.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We have the buy next week so everyone should come back healthy.  good luck.
:tut: :tut: sorry Reiny, we play the Redskins Thursday nite this week. The Vikings bye isn't till around turkey day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you see the end of the game when Cousins was tryin to kneel to kill the clock? One of their D lineman took a bit of a cheap shot :tut: & hit Cousins more than he should've.  Cousins got PO'ed & got in his face until 1 of our O lineman seperated 'em. I like seein him get fired up like that 'cause I think he plays better when he's a little chippy. Even heard Zimmer tell a reporter last week that might've been the reason, the LB who mouthed off before the game, he played so good. Great game for the offense :happy1: :cool:, not so sure about the defense though. :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Cousins is a nerd so to see him actually get mad is almost funny.  BUT if that is what makes him play better so be it.  I think keeping Zimmer as far away as possible from the offense and special teams the better.  He has hard enough time just tending to the defense.  Good win team!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Yeah. I'm not so sure :scratch: Zimmer doesn't have a picture of Wood Hayes on office wall. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought it was hilarious when the cameras turned to the fans and seen all those referee jerseys. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  Seen a bunch of 'em in refs jerseys & clown faces, others with the full face stockin caps over their face too. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: They were extra rowdy with every call that didn't go their way to start too, until that long drive in the 3 rd quarter when we started to pull away. :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 09:23:53 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun game.  I kind of wish we would have kept Cordarrel Patterson just to run back kicks. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun game.  I kind of wish we would have kept Cordarrel Patterson just to run back kicks.
:scratch: :scratch: reminds me  :scratch: i didnt see Sherels in the game???????? :scratch: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Me neither, think :scratch: Abdullah & Hughes ran back everything. Sure hope Thielen's not hurt too bad, those hammies can take a while to comeback from though as it's EZ to re-injure them if they push it. Liked what I saw out of the rookie Johnson though :happy1: & was glad to see Rudolph get more involved too.
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 10:01:58 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Glen you are right about the bye week.  My daughter told my wife that it was a bye week next week.  I had to call her and told her she is spreading fake news  :rotflmao:.  I think they could afford to rest Thielen this Thursday with the Redskins coming to town.  Bisi Johnson is doing a good job in his place.  But I know he want's to play if he can.  Great to see Bridgewater get another win yesterday.  Really liked him when he was here.  Great character and a good man.  The Bears offense is terrible.  Starter comes back from injury and was a  complete failure.  Defense played tired at the end of the game and maybe even sooner.  This keeps up they are done. good luck.
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 09:59:53 AM by Reinhard »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Glen you are right about the bye week.  My daughter told my wife that it was a bye week next week.  I had to call her and told her she is spreading fake news  :rotflmao:.  I think they could afford to rest Thielen this Thursday with the Redskins coming to town.  Bisi Johnson is doing a good job in his place.  But I know he want's to play if he can.  Great to see Bridgewater get another win yesterday.  Really liked him when he was here.  Great character and a good man.  The Bears offense is terrible.  Starter comes back from injury and was a  complete failure.  Defense played tired at the end of the game and maybe even sooner.  This keeps up they are done. good luck.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: maybe she told your wife that cause she new we were playing the redskins!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

but those are the games that scare me most. i'll be watching it from a hotel room in Bismarck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna pack a snow shovel? ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: J/k just checked the 10 day for out there & it looks like it's 'sposed to be nice.  Upper 50's on Friday.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Say what??!!! :angry2:

Oct 22nd

Sherels released by Vikings

EAGAN — The Minnesota Vikings released Rochester native and long-time NFL punt returner Marcus Sherels on Tuesday.

With Mike Hughes having taken over as the punt returner in last Sunday’s 42-30 win at Detroit, Sherels was inactive. He also plays cornerback, but was deep on the depth chart at that spot.

A source said Monday there was a strong chance the Vikings would sign wide receiver Davion Davis off the practice squad. With the move made on Sherels on Tuesday, Davis remained a candidate to be signed and be available against the Redskins.

Sherels played with the Vikings from 2010-18 and was not offered a contract last March as a free agent. He was re-signed Sept. 24 after punt returner and receiver Chad Beebe was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury. In three games, Sherrels returned six punts for a 5.5-yard average.

Sherels was asked by the Pioneer Press on Monday about the possibility of being cut.

“I don’t know,’’ he said. “I’m just taking it day by day and helping any way I can. … You can’t really worry about those things.”

Sherels is the leading punt returner in Vikings history with 2,480 yards. He has a career average of 10.5 yards per return.

The Vikings don’t owe Sherels any more money on his prorated minimum contract of $930,000. When he signed Sept. 24 as a vested veteran for the rest of the season, he was guaranteed 25 percent of his salary for all remaining games but he already has earned that 25 percent.

THIELEN HOPES TO PLAY THURSDAY

Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen isn’t giving up in his quest to keep his consecutive games streak alive. Thielen, who has played in all 87 games in his six-year NFL career, suffered a hamstring injury at Detroit. He didn’t practice Tuesday.

“I don’t know what the percent chance is (on playing), but I feel great,’’ Thielen said before the workout. “Obviously, it’s a short week, so I’m doing everything I can to try to play. It’s come a long way in the two days since the game, so I feel good and am very hopeful for the game.’’

Thielen had an MRI on Monday. A source said afterward that the injury isn’t serious but that Thielen wasn’t expected to play against the Redskins.

“Obviously, as a competitor, as an athlete, you want to play,’’ Thielen said.
« Last Edit: October 10/22/19, 06:40:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Reb.  Didn't know about Sherels being cut.  Makes sense though.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer. Doesn't say if BEEBE is back though.

There's been alot of wheeling and dealing in the no fun league that past few days.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  Ten years ago Sunday,

:bow:  Brett Favre descended from a clear blue Minnesota sky. :happy1:

An angel landing in a private jet, after years of playing the devil. Vikings fans, the media — shoot, the entire states of Minnesota and Wisconsin — lost their collective minds.  :crazy: The Star Tribune's Michael Rand wrote an oral history of that remarkable day — Aug. 18, 2009 — and the Favre Frenzy that came before and after it.  :cheerleader:

:coffee: Full Story ......
http://www.startribune.com/the-day-brett-favre-became-a-minnesota-viking-10-year-anniversary/523002451/
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember exactly where I was when Rosen said Brett Favre is landing in Ziggy's plane right now.  I had to pull over and catch my breath.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I had to pull over and retch.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

My thought when I heard Favre was coming wasn't that he couldn't play. I just thought that he slit his own throat because he could have made millions playing out the Packers legacy on commercials and endorsements for the rest of his life.   :crazy:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I really wasn't even looking forward to it but when it happened something came over me and I was excited as heck!  What a great and fun season that was!