Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518004 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Yeah, especially since the Vikes didn't play it sure was a fun Sunday to watch football. Ol Erin :cry: is probably still pickin sod out of his teeth after goin 20/33 for only 104 yds. :smiley: Glad we don't have to play SF but I see they play the Ravens next week & that should be a good 1. Really enjoyed watchin the Cowboys suffer too, they couldn't do anything in that NASTY weather. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The ex-Hawkeye TE of the 49ers just about beat them Cheeseheads all by himself.  :applause: :cool: :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/25/19, 08:32:59 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya some good games yesterday.  The GB game is the one I was most interested in.  Too bad it was so late.  I made it to the end of the 3rd quarter.  Fun to see Erin get handled...    :rotflmao:  You can tell he is pissed off but couldn't do anything about it.  LOLOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ravens/Rams tonight, might be a good 1 too.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Did some yard work yesterday but got to watch some of the Cowboy game.  Don't like the Cowboys but was rooting for them to stick it to the Pat's.  Didn't make it all the way through the cheesehead game.  We are now tied with them but they did beat us once this season so it's a must that we beat them next time or gain on them.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thing is the Packers have a cream puff schedule the rest of the way. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yir a cream puff, cream puff head

2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yir a cream puff, cream puff head
Yea well cookie said your a DORK!! :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
cookie knows better cream puff, i sent him dominos!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it wax good too!! :nerd: :nerd: :mooning:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it wax good too!! :nerd: :nerd: :mooning:

wax??????????????
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
you wouldnt know, i told the delivery guy, if theres a big muffin headed, lawn nome  in the room call security
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
you wouldnt know, i told the delivery guy, if theres a big muffin headed, lawn nome  in the room call security
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thing is the Packers have a cream puff schedule the rest of the way. :pouty:
:doah: Here we go again :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:   :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:    Bears might've beat'em yday. :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crapper are the ravens putting a beatdown on the rams!!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :shocked:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's starting to look like it doesn't really matter what 30 of the 32 teams do from now on as it's shaping up to a 49ers/Ravens SB. They play on Sunday so that'll be good to see how that comes out. Seattle might have a say in it all as they've already beat SF once & play 'em again on the last MNF game of the year. Hope not as I don't care for Pete Carroll at all. Both Seattle & SF have a pretty tough schedule left though, it should be interesting.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Theilen has been out since Game 7 against Detroit!  That flew by fast. I hope they let him heal and not rush it with him.  We will need him but not till he is 100%.  The D needs to step up to help the Offense. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It's starting to look like it doesn't really matter what 30 of the 32 teams do from now on as it's shaping up to a 49ers/Ravens SB. They play on Sunday so that'll be good to see how that comes out. Seattle might have a say in it all as they've already beat SF once & play 'em again on the last MNF game of the year. Hope not as I don't care for Pete Carroll at all. Both Seattle & SF have a pretty tough schedule left though, it should be interesting.

Interesting...I really like Pete Carroll and the Pukehawks...... ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Big game with them on Monday. Hard to stop Wilson. :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Despite giving up more than 200 yds on the ground :banghead:, we need Linval Joseph back as he's a stud in the middle of the D line, & having all those turnovers we still had the ball with plenty of time on the clock(~ 3 minutes) to win the game. :crazy: When Cook & our LT went out the offense changed IMO. :pouty: Cousins wasn't as sharp in the 2nd half either, mostly because of their pressure. :cry: They don't lose at home very often 'specially since Wilson joined 'em. We need to get Thielin, Joseph, & now Cook back & figure out why our Special Teams leads the league in fumbles.  :censored: :bonk: :sad:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/19, 12:04:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched the first half and fell asleep LOL.  Very few games that are on late I make it through.  I looked at a few Viking threads on facebook and it seems that Rhodes got some real heat from the fans.  Almost all replies were about getting rid of him or benching him.  Guess he made some stupid penalty or more.  I've seen him do that as well.  Why even play him since I"ve read that he will not be with the Vikings next season.  good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He had a bad game but his hit forced the last fumble of theirs & givin us the ball so we had a chance win. I read they went 4 for 4 when they threw his way & he's had a bad year. Plus he's gettin big money, 5 year/$70 mil, which he just signed last year so he's not a UFA 'til 2023.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Gunner.  That's the internet for you.  3 people on the Viking face book site said it was his last year.  Maybe they just wished it was his last year.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah hes had a bad year, more pas interference calls than ive ever seen from him. he had a personal foul forn15 yards on 3rd  and long that they scored on. hes a great player but needs to tighten things up
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He actually had that penalty that gave them a first down when we had stopped them.  They then went and scored a TD.  Later on with Smith right in front of him he let a guy run right past him and score a TD.  He kept looking at Smith as if it was his responsibility but it was all on Rhodes.  He does that about once a game now.  I went to bed during the 3rd quarter.  Pathetic.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not so sure :scratch: that him & Smith were on the same page on that play.  I'm sure Rhodes thought he had help deep on that play so he let his guy go. Really loud there & that might've been a factor.
« Last Edit: December 12/04/19, 07:47:42 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, what gunner said. Smith was supposed to be there over the top. Just some bad communication on that one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, what gunner said. Smith was supposed to be there over the top. Just some bad communication on that one.
:happy1: After the play was over the cameras showed him & Smith talking on the bench, I even seen Smith nodding his head agreeing with Rhodes. I will admit that the penalty Rhodes had was  :imstupid: & couldn't of come at a worst time. :tut: :pouty: But you don't win many NFL games when you have 4 TO's, 3 fumbles(Cook, Mattison, & the 1 on the kickoff)/1 int, even if your at home let alone a place like Seattle.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That was my take too when I was watching the game, Gunner.  But yesterday I listened to Ben Leber's analysis on KFAN and he tended to put the blame for that play on Rhodes.

Smith might have been nodding his head to Rhodes as if to say, "Yeah, yeah... etc. etc."

First of all, Rhodes had to have seen Smith at the line.  You can't offer "over the top safety help" if you are up on the line of scrimmage.  Second, Smith picked up the a receiver in coverage right off the line - either the tight end or slot (I can't remember), so I can't assert that Smith was out of position on the play.