Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517811 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I guess so on my way to the store to get another case.

:rotflmao:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn...need some katchup for that crow?    :whistling:     ;D
Love it!!!  Glenn eat crow?????  Like that has never happened before.  I said to the better half....toss it to Rudolph!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the way he skirted around the question if that play was made for him to catch it... ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/05/20, 03:44:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :happy1: Congrats ta all da Viking fans...Dat live in and out of da-state.  :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: January 01/05/20, 03:55:55 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Love it!!!  Glenn eat crow?????  Like that has never happened before.  I said to the better half....toss it to Rudolph!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
my reverse psychology worked. :sleazy: :sleazy:

Looks like they pack the golf clubs to San Francisco. :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Throw to Rudolph works every time and something they just have not done enough this year. Why, it's 3rd and 17 yards. Let's run it for 4 yard!  :crazy:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Looks like they pack the golf clubs to San Francisco. :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: Congrats ta all da Viking fans...Dat live in and out of da-state.  :cheerleader:
So whatcha trying to say Lee, you just cant hide no mo ? You want us to schooch over and make room for ya?  :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Very proud of this team.  I think they played with attitude today.  Everyone including me thought they would loose.  Cousins curse would rule the day and more.  The reaction of the players after the game showed me they were really into this game and it meant a lot.  Go Vikings!!!!  good luck.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

My reverse psychology is storm out of the house when they run again and fumble the ball and kick a field goal to tie the game with a few minutes to play, and go to Fleet Farm!   :angry2:

It works every time. They Won!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I did the same GT!! :cool: Cousins even had a little trouble with the snap so that throw was  :bow:. Now they're all sayin it should've been OPI at 1/2 time of the 2nd game. :tut: :mooning: :pouty:
« Last Edit: January 01/05/20, 05:33:43 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen that too gunner,  just more brees backers.
« Last Edit: January 01/05/20, 05:36:34 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That throw to Thielen was just as good. :Clap:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have criticized Quirk as much as anyone.  BUT he did a great job today.  He hung in there, took some hits and some pressure but hung in there and did not give up this time.  The D and the O both showed up at the same game and that is what it took.  Great to see them get to Brees.  LOLOL  GO VIKES!!!  AND great job by the coaching staff too!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Other than the mix up on coverage between Rhodes & Smith on the long pass the defense had a great game, the offense struggled some in the 2nd half but not when it counted the most.  :cool: Rhodes had some big plays after he was hurt even. :Clap: That holding call on Thielen was  :bs:, I thought & the fumble wasn't really his fault as that defender put his helmet right on the ball. A couple of huge plays by Hunter & Harris on the TO's as well. :cool: :happybounce: :happybounce: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: January 01/06/20, 08:42:21 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Only downside was the nailbiter it was.  Had to have a extra cocktail when it went into overtime.  I was so hoping the kicker would miss that field goal at the end of the original game.  The guy made it twice because of a penalty or something.  Rudolf did push off of the defender somewhat but they didn't call it.  I didn't think they would win that game but they did.  Didn't think the Patriots would loose but they did.  Thought the Saints would win but they didn't.  Now its off to the 49rs who most think are going to win.  Is this the year the teams that are favored will all loose?  Crazy playoff year.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Best entertainment and more on TV this year, IMO.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Zimmer called a time out way before the ball was even snapped & he was hot :angry2: when the refs didn't stop the play right away & let them kick it. 'Specially after they made it.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Practice kick.  :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was sure they were toast when NO tied it up & went to OT.  :sad: Great to see Cook healthy & have the game he did. Helped open things up for Cousins. For those clamoring for an OPI call against Rudolph, it was pretty marginal given the amount of jostling that preceded the "push off", that on replay looked more like a "let go of me so I can catch this ball" move. Let's see if they can do it to SF next.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Other than the mix up on coverage between Rhodes & Smith on the long pass the defense had a great game, the offense struggled some in the 2nd half but not when it counted the most.  :cool: Rhodes had some big plays after he was hurt even. :Clap: That holding call on Thielen was  :bs:, I thought & the fumble wasn't really his fault as that defender put his helmet right on the ball. A couple of huge plays by Hunter & Harris on the TO's as well. :cool: :happybounce: :happybounce: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Regarding Rhodes and Smith...

Last time we talked about this (a couple of games back), I thought it was Rhodes' fault.  Smith was on the line showing blitz and Rhodes let the guy run past.  On the play yesterday, I think Smith blew it.  On the receiver cut, Rhodes broke outside assuming he was going to get help inside.  Smith should have been moving over in case the receive went post, which is what happened, but Smith was too late.

Fumbles...

I'm surprised there aren't more of them when you consider all the scratching, clawing, ripping, punching, and helmet sticking going on.  That being said, Brees gave up an easy one when all Hunter did was smack him in the triceps.  Yeah, the commentary guys used Brees' thumb injury as an excuse, but it looks like Brees got caught by surprise. 

The Non-Call...

I didn't think Rudolph's contact rose to the level of offensive pass interference.  The non-call was not egregiously missed and the refs were letting receivers and defenders mix it up all day.  Sorry, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer team!  (The only thing that would have made it better would be if it was the Cowboys.  I'm sure we all remember 1975.)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
smith was coming up to cover Kamara............

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like McCarthy got taken this AM by Dallas....maybe too, after that game, Zimmer's breathing easier...
« Last Edit: January 01/06/20, 02:21:42 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
smith was coming up to cover Kamara............

I stand corrected.  Now that I look at it real close, it was a wonder Smith was in the area at all.  Kamara cut his route short and broke towards the near sideline where there were other Vikings defenders.  Good for Smith to be able to recognize where the play was going and close the distance as soon as he did.

However, at the beginning of the play - at least the replay I saw - you can see Rhodes communicating with the other DB who was not on screen.  Since there were no other receivers on the near sideline where the other DB was, I can only guess that he was expecting that DB to be playing center field while Smith was on Kamara and the other safety was up playing the run.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like McCarthy got taken this AM by Dallas....maybe too, after that game, Zimmer's breathing easier...

For some reason McCarthy always looked like the cable guy on Seinfeld to me... :huh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4z2fi2PTKQ
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
the way insaw cook, he didnt make that touchdown. the ove head video clearly showed him about 10"short. finaly some go our way
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
the way insaw cook, he didnt make that touchdown. the ove head video clearly showed him about 10"short. finaly some go our way

Doesn't look like it, does it? ...run the vid...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/saints-vikings-dalvin-cook-touchdown-playoff-game-question

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
his helmet clearly crossed the plain of the goal line...........there was never any real angle where you can see the ball. based on where he holds the ball it could of crossed............but there never really was a good view of where the ball was................

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It's hard to over turn tge call on field on a play like that.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Think these would catch any fish??? 
In honor of the Vikings epic victory, JG’s Lures has decided to paint up a few Vikings inspired lipless baits! We will be giving these away in the Skol Giveaway this week. These baits will be clear coated and have hooks put on them before they are sent to our winner. To be eligible you must like JG’s Custom Lures page, like the original post, share the original post, tag two fishing buddies, and comment a number between 1-5000. One entry per person. We will do a random number generator to determine a winner next Saturday before the Vikes and San Francisco kickoff. Good luck and Skol Vikes!!!