Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517940 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds as though we lost are defensive coordinator to because the couldnt agree on a new contract!!!!!! :pouty:
  Just read a SI article that said that Zimmer's kid has a good chance to take over as DC along with Kubiak's kid takin over for Stefanski.  :scratch: The author was the 1st to report, ~ 12/25, that Edwards was leaving so he's got some good sources. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
nep·o·tism /ˈnepəˌtizəm/
noun
The practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Zim better be right - because everybody's a$$ will be on the line:  Zim, his kid, Kubiak, HIS kid, Spielman, and even Cousins - 'cause he prolly makes more that the first five guys put together.  It will be interesting to see who gets contract extensions this off season.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Watched an late nite NFL Talk show last nite..(total access?) Anywho, two analysts were talkin' and saying Stefanski was the one who kept the O together, and it's his credit that Capn' Kirk improved as much as he did. Also said he's analytical, and was able to use that to figger out how the Vikes could do better, with all those qualities, that's why the Browns hired him.... :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of $ tied up in Zimmer's defense so not a lot of cap space left for the offense.  :rolleyes: Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, & Cousins are getting a good share of that.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sideline reporter and former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber suggested that Diggs might make good trade bait.  Diggs more so than Thielen because Diggs is faster.

He also noted there was so much cap space tied up in QB and WRs, which didn't make sense for a team that wanted to make the run and play action pass a major part of its identity.

You have to give up something good to get something good, and sometimes you have to find that next guy to replace him and coach him up.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sideline reporter and former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber suggested that Diggs might make good trade bait.  Diggs more so than Thielen because Diggs is faster.

He also noted there was so much cap space tied up in QB and WRs, which didn't make sense for a team that wanted to make the run and play action pass a major part of its identity.

You have to give up something good to get something good, and sometimes you have to find that next guy to replace him and coach him up.
  :happy1: Belichick & the Patriots did that all the time, he refused to give anybody top $. He'd find somebody else who could get it done. It's 1 of the major reasons they've been so successful, that & he had control of personnel decisions.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

:happy1: Belichick & the Patriots did that all the time, he refused to give anybody top $. He'd find somebody else who could get it done. It's 1 of the major reasons they've been so successful, that & he had control of personnel decisions.
i think they should hire reb and del to run the vikings!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe the Patriots would take Diggsie off our hands in exchange for some help with our O-Line, D-line and/or draft picks.

Still, you hate to deal with Belicheck, cause you're afraid he knows something you don't, and you don't want to get stuck with damaged goods.

What ever happened to the days when Spielman would fleece teams in trades:  Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin?  I wish there was more.

Lately it seems we've been the ones getting fleeced.  Kicker Vedvig comes to mind immediately.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
They are going to do something with that cap space.  So far I see Rhodes, Rudolf, and Griffith gone.  Hate to see Diggs gone.  He has a bad attitude at times [penalized 15 yards for throwing his helmet] pouting on the sidelines.  But he makes up for it with some great plays and always wants that ball.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sad to see Stefanski go.  As mentioned above I do believe he did keep the O guys together.  He has known them for a long time in his different positions here.  I think he is just another O coordinator that is tired of Zimms crap.  That is a big problem that we still have I think.  We are now down to hiring their kids cuz noone else really wants to work with him. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

i think they should hire reb and del to run the vikings!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Oh, stop it!  :tut: I don't know enough to run them, but I'm sure Delmar would look it up.  ;)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think with Stefanski it's more about wanting a head coaching job than working with Zimmer.  That's what all of these coaches want to be.  A head coach.  Stefanski knows he is going to get the No. 1 pick in the draft and I think he will pick LSU's QB.  Plus he is taking the Vikings DC and defensive back's coach with him which he has known for a long time.  Shurmer left also to be a head coach and now he is available for OC but probably go to Denver.  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sad to see Stefanski go.  As mentioned above I do believe he did keep the O guys together.  He has known them for a long time in his different positions here.  I think he is just another O coordinator that is tired of Zimms crap.  That is a big problem that we still have I think.  We are now down to hiring their kids cuz noone else really wants to work with him.

Despite the fact that the Vikes go through O-coordinators like nobody's business, I don't think there is a shortage of people who would want to work with Zim. 

I don't think we give Zim enough credit.  Everyone gives him grief for "forcing" his offensive coordinator to stay dedicated to the run.  He knows better than anyone what Cousins' limitations are and understands that without play action, Cousins isn't very good. 

Yes, losing Stefanski will be a hit - just like it was a hit when we lost Shurmer - but all teams take hits.  The fact that the Vikes keep losing offensive coordinators as head coaches indicates that maybe Spielman and Zim are doing something right.  But unfortunately hires like Norv Turner and DiFilippo shoot my argument down.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I don't see Rudolph leavin, Diggs maybe, depending what they can get for him. :confused: A lot of good WR's in last nights game & I think it's 1 of the stronger positions in the upcoming draft, so why pay Diggs his $14.4 mil/year. :tut: :bonk:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I don't see Rudolph leavin, Diggs maybe, depending what they can get for him. :confused: A lot of good WR's in last nights game & I think it's 1 of the stronger positions in the upcoming draft, so why pay Diggs his $14.4 mil/year. :tut: :bonk:

Patriots might pay Diggs $14M so Brady has someone to throw to.  Just sayin.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we have the 25th pick in the first round.  Don't know about the rest of the picks.  So for us to get a decent QB for a pick is slim but they could trade upward.  Someone could want Diggs bad enough to give the Vikings a better spot but it would involve some players as well if it was me to make the deal.  But that's what is fun about being a fan and wishing and wanting and guessing what will happen.  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't see us trading up to get a QB unless the deal is too good to be true.

I'd rather find a stud for the o-line and worry about a QB next season when Cousins comes off the books.

A big part of the winning formula these days is getting a good QB on a rookie deal so you have money to spend on other assets.  If you plan to "red shirt" a rookie QB, that is one less year your window is open for building a team around him.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I even enjoy the draft and the hype up to it.  At least we can think about the team improving.  I do watch it too.  We have this Jake Browning guy on our practice squad that the Vikes just gave an extension or something like that.  He played in Washington and I don't know anything about him.  Zim will be intimidated by him if he looks good in preseason and get rid of him. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Patriots might pay Diggs $14M so Brady has someone to throw to.  Just sayin.
Not really what Bill does much :tut: but I believe Kraft is more in favor of keepin #12 or havin him retire than BB is & he writes the checks. :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/16/20, 08:11:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, i see where 5 more vikings were added to the pro bowl roster.
mr choke cousins
griffen
ham
hedricks, and
burnt toast rhodes........... how the hell he get there  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: noone else in his position across the league wanted to go???????????????????????????????
the other 3 deserve to go !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
i suppose guys on the SF team have declined to appear so that opens more spots for others to participate.  It may inflate his worth so maybe we can trade him. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Players that are playing in the super bowl never play in the pro bowl, ever since the pro bowl is prior to the big one. Risk of injury is the main reason.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so, i see where 5 more vikings were added to the pro bowl roster.
mr choke cousins
griffen
ham
hedricks, and
burnt toast rhodes........... how the hell he get there  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: noone else in his position across the league wanted to go???????????????????????????????
the other 3 deserve to go !!!!!!!!!!!
Just read the other day that Trae Waynes was their only CB the graded out to be in the top 50 in the league, so :scratch: :confused:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
In my opinion they should get rid of the pro bowl.  Every year the same thing.  Top players don't play for one reason or another.  Why should they.  Risk of injury as been said is the top reason.  Just name the players to the pro list of the year and honor them that way.  The game is a joke that hardly anyone watches anymore.  Rhodes to the pro bowl  :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pro bowl is a joke. Should just turn it into a big celeb picnic.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I rarely ever watch it.  I may tune in for a few minutes just to see the festivities.  They should eliminate the game and just show them having fun.  Well I guess that is what it is....  They enjoy bringing their families, seeing other players, and just having fun.  That's what Alex Boone was just talking about.  Plus they get paid good for it too. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. I like watching the competitions that they have prior to the game. That is more fun to me.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
better then the hallmark channel, or dancing with the stars, or the bachelor, or survivor or, ellen or general hospital,. or.................... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
better then the hallmark channel, or dancing with the stars, or the bachelor, or survivor or, ellen or general hospital,. or.................... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well, quit watching them then, ya silly goose!!!  :doah: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont......wifey does............ :puke: :puke: :surrender: :bs: