Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518283 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
When I turned on KFAN they were talking about him.  I wondered why.  He sure is a good receiver.  BUT like you I hope he doesn't act like a drama queen it he comes here.
the Vikings got rid of Diggs because of his behavior...….Vikings would be stupid to bring that head case here!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Can the Vikings even afford this guy.  I heard his salary is around $16 million??  He would have to take a cut in pay.  good luck.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I agree Steve-o, he's just like AB & there's not much interest being shown in him either. They're both :crazy: :pouty: The way Zimmer is I'd be  :shocked: if they sign him.  :scratch: Spielman must have an OK of some sort though for it even to be getting discussed. :confused:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 01:37:45 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Give them $1 for him like we did for Chris Carter back when he was a problem child.  That woke him up.  He straightened out when he got here knowing how low his price got.

That's one good way to deal with a problem child. Take away their allowance!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I see that that trade may not happen.  Has to do with how much money he wants of course.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't heard a thing on the OBJ deal.  Was a major talker yesterday..    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like maybe OBJ's people may have started this.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hear it was false
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They had a clip on this morning of the Browns GM & he said that there was no truth too it & certainly wasn't started by anyone in their front office. So I believe LPS is spot on.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Prolly just sports talking heads trying to find something to talk about all day.

Tomorrow it will be something else.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Steve,  I'm getting sick of all of the draft predictions every day.  They are bored.  Some people really are missing sports for sure.  I'll just go out and fish more.  But I do like it when there is actual news from the Vikings.  Very interested in the 12 draft picks with two first round picks.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually turn on KFAN or SKOR North when I am on the computer or doing other projects.  It is usually fun too.  BUT now it is getting over the top wasted talk.  That has to really be hard for them to sit for their whole show and talk about the same ol things.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Before all this crap hit the fan a small group of us used to gather at the office and play the initals game on Friday mornings. Looking forward to getting the chance to do that again.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They (sports talk show hosts) throw more crap against the wall then internet trollers. Which, if you think about it is really saying something.

I couldn't care less what the Vikings do. When and if a season rolls around I guess we will see who they lost and who they got.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So isn't the NFL draft this week?? What day??

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Starts Thursday, looked at Kiper's latest mock draft today & he had 'em takin a WR from Ariz St 1st, a CB from Utah 2nd. It also had the 1st OL to go being the Hawkeyes Jr tackle Tristan Wirfs

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to it.  Will be at home anyways.  I remember the first time I sat and listened to the Draft.  I stayed awake all night and it is slow.  A pick every 15 minutes I think.  The Vikes were at the end of the draft that night.  I hung in there.  Well it comes to the Vikes pick which was late 20's or early 30's and here they traded their draft pick so no pick that night.  LOLOLOL   BUT I will be watching.  Sting song!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what do ya mean home anyways???  yer retired ya rascal!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to it.  Will be at home anyways.  I remember the first time I sat and listened to the Draft.  I stayed awake all night and it is slow.  A pick every 15 minutes I think.  The Vikes were at the end of the draft that night.  I hung in there.  Well it comes to the Vikes pick which was late 20's or early 30's and here they traded their draft pick so no pick that night.  LOLOLOL   BUT I will be watching.  Sting song!!

Yes, I remember that draft.  That sucked SOOOOO much.

I think it was 2017.  Our top three picks that year were Dalvin Cook (2nd rnd), Pat Elflein (3rd rnd), and Jaleel Johnson (4th round).

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think that is the one S-O.  Waited all night.  I will stay up till the end this year too.  Something to look forward to in this time of lack of things to look forward to.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to look it up to refresh my memory.

We started out with the 14th pick and Spielman kept trading down and then finally out of the 1st round.  It was really frustrating, but Spielman knows what he is doing.

In picks 1-13 that year, 7 of them became pro bowlers:  Miles Garret, Mitch Trubisky, Jamal Adams, Christian McCaffery, Patcrick Mahomes, Marshon Lattimore, and Deshaun Watson - all off the board before the Vikings would have picked at 14.

We eventually traded down to the 41st pick (in the 2nd round) and took Calvin Cook.  Between picks 14 and 41, over the span of 27 players, only 5 of them made the pro bowl - and we got one of them.

Here are the players we missed out on because we traded down: Derek Barnett, Malik Hooker, Marlon Humphrey, Jonathan Allen, Adoree' Jackson, O. J. Howard, Garett Bolles, Jarrad Davis, Charles Harris, Evan Engram, Gareon Conley, Jabrill Peppers, Takkarist McKinley, Tre'Davious White, Taco Charlton, David Njoku, T. J. Watt, Reuben Foster, Ryan Ramczyk, Kevin King, Cam Robinson, Malik McDowell, Budda Baker, Zay Jones, Forrest Lamp, Marcus Maye, Curtis Samuel, and finally Dalvin Cook.

I'm sure there are some solid football players in that list, and I don't follow the league like a lot of fantasy wonks, but as a casual fan, I don't see any household names on that list that I think we should have had instead of Dalvin Cook.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree SO.  I don't see anyone there that I recognize.  I too think Spielman is pretty good at what he does.  I do see an OL and QB lull that would be nice to address though.  BUT should be a fun draft.  We have a lot of ammo to deal with.   :happy1: :happy1:  And yes that trading down is what kept me watching now that you mentioned it.  LOL

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Just remember, for all the accolades Spielman & Zimmer get they have won nothing. They do their jobs and for the most part the players are good citizens if that counts for anything.

Will they be better than the Packers & Bears in 2020?  Time will tell.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
wen is the draft
78.50"

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thursday night.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thursday night.
dutchy, did I warn you about boar?? If not you've been warned. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree SO.  I don't see anyone there that I recognize.  I too think Spielman is pretty good at what he does.  I do see an OL and QB lull that would be nice to address though.  BUT should be a fun draft.  We have a lot of ammo to deal with.   :happy1: :happy1:  And yes that trading down is what kept me watching now that you mentioned it.  LOL
you guys don't recognize T. J. Watt??? He plays for the Steelers and is the brother of JJ
« Last Edit: April 04/20/20, 09:29:12 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The draft is Thursday night, Fri afternoon, and Saturday Boar. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ok cool, nithin in the news but this disiese crap.. yu know the one...Glenneriea, it effects the bowels with excessive gas, neasea, and projectile bowel movments..
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ok cool, nithin in the news but this disiese crap.. yu know the one...Glenneriea, it effects the bowels with excessive gas, neasea, and projectile bowel movments..
:shocked: :shocked: :mad1: :confused: :taz: :taz: :Fish: :taz: