Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518012 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard they might do that

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kyle Rudolph got a 2 year deal with the Giants.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just read that myself.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Now what they need is for Anthony Barr to have something left in the tank and for Danielle Hunter to play is tail off whether or not he gets his contract renegotiated/extended again.  (He was off most of last year due to injury and still got paid.)

We've always realized Danielle Hunter has been playing on a team friendly deal, but with the salary cap down, this doesn't seem to be the best year for a money grab.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Now what they need is for Anthony Barr to have something left in the tank and for Danielle Hunter to play is tail off whether or not he gets his contract renegotiated/extended again.  (He was off most of last year due to injury and still got paid.)

We've always realized Danielle Hunter has been playing on a team friendly deal, but with the salary cap down, this doesn't seem to be the best year for a money grab.
  :confused: :banghead: :banghead: whats wrong with the players and owners honoring the contracts/agreements both parties agreed to. :crazy: :pouty: :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The young guy, ex-Ohio St, out in SD just signed a $135mil/5 year deal, almost double Hunter's. :crazy: I'm not saying he shouldn't honor the deal he has but I'm sure that didn't help any. Agents are greedy!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Agents are doing their jobs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes they are and they are doing a great job.  Just like Cousins deal.  Who can blame him if that is how much money he can get why not do it.  But it is just a game.  And it makes so much money they can afford to pay these guys like this.  Boggles my mind. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Reilly Reif signed with the Bengals. I think thats where he came to the Vikings from?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The NBA is worse!! :crazy: Granted they don't have as many players on a team but there's a BUNCH of guys in the league now that are makin almost $50 mil/year on the max deals they sign, most of which are for 4-5 seasons. The guys comin off the bench & don't even play that many minutes are getting $10-$15 mil + a season.  :doah:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The NBA is to pro sports what the Gong show was to Mensa.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I went into the wrong profession. :pouty: :pouty: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: Yeah, I know!! ;)  :rolleyes: That's why I've been tellin you for years you should've been a fertilizer salesman.  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:  :evil:                             

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Ya it is mind blowing the amount of money that is thrown around.  And we can't hardly afford to sit in the stadium and watch the game. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The NBA is to pro sports what the Gong show was to Mensa.
:rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: Yeah, I know!! ;)  :rolleyes: That's why I've been tellin you for years you should've been a fertilizer salesman.  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:  :evil:                             
:confused: :confused: :doah: :shocked: :mooning:

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn, maybe you could sell some fertilizer to your buddy Kirk. Or at least learn from him how to sell it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/19/kirk-cousins-makes-another-35-million-today/
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: yea not bad for a days work oh and that gunner..... He's a bad influence. Pay no attention to him. :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
At the end of the 2022 season Kirk will have made $193.89 over the last 7 year period!  Period!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
At the end of the 2022 season Kirk will have made $193.89 over the last 7 year period!  Period!!!

Kirk also bet on himself while in Washington. He refused contracts and they kept franchise tagging him. Smart move. He is getting paid and his results aren't a whole lot worse than anybody not named Brady.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/21, 06:19:48 PM by dutchboy »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the Vikes have been busy, not only signing some Cole guy but bringing in safety Xavier Woods from Dallas and bringing back MacKenzie Alexander. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to look up this Cole guy, he was the starting center for the Cardinals but the Vikings say they want him to play guard. A 3rd round pick out of Michigan in 2018 that we only gave a 6th round pick for. :happy1: :cool:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Feels like the D is going to be pretty solid!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read Jeff Gladney of the Vikings was arrested for some kind of family assault. Could get 2-10 Years if convicted. I'm betting see ya!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that too.  WHY???   Just walk away from her.  Get a new girlfriend whatever.   Without football it is back to a regular job.  That won't be much fun anymore for him. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Signed a LB, Nick Vigil, from LAC today to a 1 year deal. He'll take Wilson's spot after he left as a FA.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So what's it going to be in the draft this year?

First round 14th pick should be pretty good this year with 5 QBs projected to get picked ahead of the Vikes; that is like the 9th best non-QB in the draft.  However, they don't have a second round pick and they have two huge needs - offensive tackle, but with Gladney gone, they need yet ANOTHER corner back.   :angry:

Or do they take the best player available regardless of position?

Or does Trader Rick swap #14 for a couple of picks in the 2nd round?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
O-line. Keep drafting until you get it right. In todays game the offenses are going to score, your teams offense has to keep up.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard talk of 'em trading up to get an OT. The new GM in Denver was Spielman's assistant last year & a trade with them would move us up to #9 where they could fill that spot. Northwestern & Oregon OT's both rated as plug & play, otherwise there's a OG from USC they might be interested in. Seen talk of a DE in the early rounds too. Seems like Spielman's strategy is usually to trade down for more picks later on rather than the other way around though.:confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what are the chances of Vikes taking Lance?   Who do you think will be their first pick?