Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517909 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that may have been a reach.  Actually I should kick my own ass for thinking of Jim.  I think John was the nicer brother. 
« Last Edit: October 10/06/21, 05:07:21 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Bring Burnsie back!!!👍 :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring Burnsie back!!!👍 :rotflmao:
  :scratch: :doah:             :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: October 10/06/21, 12:58:20 PM by Steve-o »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  Good ol Burnsie. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn penalties are going to kill the vikings!!!!!!! :confused: :doofus: :crazy: sheez!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: training-087 training-087 :banghead: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: i cant believe this f@#$%^&*() football team!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: :crazy: :pouty: :pouty: who woulda thunk it!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :crazy: :doofus: :doofus:

i still stand by my previous posts........ 3 possesions at the end and they run it up the middle 3times and punt........these coaches gotta go.......

at least the detroit HC had the balls to go for the kill with the 2 pt conversion..........

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Maybe take up knitting or sewing. Something less stressful you're gonna tip one of these days and this team isn't worth that. Maybe Timberwolves basketball. They are only going to win 10 games a year so you get to be happy 10 times and blah who the F cares the other what, 72 times a year?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe take up knitting or sewing. Something less stressful you're gonna tip one of these days and this team isn't worth that. Maybe Timberwolves basketball. They are only going to win 10 games a year so you get to be happy 10 times and blah who the F cares the other what, 72 times a year?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: your right!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: pretty sure it wont be knitting or sewing though!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yea something has to change, cusons was accurate as hell agai  jefferson over a hu dy matthison over.a hundy, and only 1 touch down???? Who the hel is calling these plays?? They gota go!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gary Kubiak's son Klint is now the OC. That is a large part of the problem IMO, 6 different OCs in his 7 years at the helm. :pouty: :tut: Turner was 1st, then Shurmur, De Filippo, Stefanski, & now the 2 Kubiaks.  :crazy: https://zonecoverage.com/2021/minnesota-vikings-news/comparing-mike-zimmers-continuity-struggles-with-other-long-tenured-head-coaches/#:~:text

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup we don't have a clue how to do anything out of the ordinary and that is even a challenge to the coaches here.  We get outcoached in every game, and that includes the games we get lucky and win.  AND Cousins all excited and wacks Zim in the chest cuz we barely beat the worst team in the league.  Come on Quirk get a grasp.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Shouldn't of even been that close, the missed kick & when they took the ball away from Mattison changed that game big time. Luckily the last FG attempt was good & hopefully :scratch: Mattison learned to not try to get that extra yard in that situation. :pouty: The ball & the clock is all the matters then.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea something has to change, cusons was accurate as hell agai  jefferson over a hu dy matthison over.a hundy, and only 1 touch down???? Who the hel is calling these plays?? They gota go!

Gary Kubiak's son Klint is now the OC. That is a large part of the problem IMO, 6 different OCs in his 7 years at the helm. :pouty: :tut: Turner was 1st, then Shurmur, De Filippo, Stefanski, & now the 2 Kubiaks.  :crazy: https://zonecoverage.com/2021/minnesota-vikings-news/comparing-mike-zimmers-continuity-struggles-with-other-long-tenured-head-coaches/#:~:text

Who's calling the plays?   :confused:

K. Kubiak might be calling the plays, but Zim's fingerprints are all over the game plan.  Remember when Zim fired De Filippo for not toeing the "run first, run often" line?  :doah:

Klint is looking to have a long coaching career in the NFL, and you don't want your first mark on your resume to be "Doesn't do what the Head Coach says."

He'll get his chance some where some day, and until then Vikings fans will continue to get to watch "2 Runs Up the Gut and a Dump-off pass over the middle short of the sticks."

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd be willin to bet :scratch: it was much the same issue when Turner, & Shurmur left as well. :crazy: :pouty: :tut:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And perhaps Cousins has been too much of a nice guy to call out his coach for overly-conservative play.

Although, with Kapt. Kirk playing the best ball of his career, with capable wide receivers, you are starting to see peeps of feedback.  I think I heard that Kirk was asked about why they ran in a particular situation or why they didn't go for a score at the end of the half, and his response was something to the effect that it was all coaching decisions - which is Quarterback Code for "they don't trust me to make plays in this situation."

I've always like Zim's hard-nosed, no nonsense approach to coaching, and I think is players respect him for this.  But maybe it is a time for a change.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the whole team is tired of his archaic attitude.  He does seem to have lightened up some this year too.  Like when he actually stood up for the kicker when he missed that one a few games ago.   :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I have a hard time believing a coordinator has a better idea of a play to call than a veteran quarterback down on the field. I understand helping rookie and first year guys but somebody like Cousins, Brady, Carr & other veterans should be able to set-up plays. I think much like baseball to many guys think they know what they are doing when actually they don't.

Just my opinion.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 :thumbs:farve uaed to change plays with high success, cauae he new what he was doing on the field
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: But that was Brad Childress & nobody cared what he said. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Especially Farve since he knew his days in the NFL were coming to an end! Although I think he did drive McCarthy :crazy: before he left GB doing exactly the same thing.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the whole team is tired of his archaic attitude.  He does seem to have lightened up some this year too.  Like when he actually stood up for the kicker when he missed that one a few games ago.   :happy1:

I think he is trying hard to say the right things in public, but I think it is very hard for that leopard to change his spots.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  That is great.  I forgot about that.  Surprised Tark would do that too.  LOLOL  Thanks SteveO

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There saying Prescott won't be playing for Dallas now and the Vikings are picked to win.

Since I have dish I won't get the Sunday night game unless KMSP,  channel 9 does??? They usually do

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So you don't get any NBC channels on Dish? :bs:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So you don't get any NBC channels on Dish? :bs:
not sure what other NBC channels there are.......but....... not 11 out of the cities.  :confused: pisses me off when they start playing games like this, especially what we pay for it.  :angry2:

just read that this Cooper Rush, the cowboys backup QB was taking first string snaps all week...........and i know all to well what backup QB's hve done to the vikings in the past!!!!!!! :pouty: :crazy: :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a couple places are still saying it's a game time decision on Prescott but it does now look like the Vikes are now favored. :scratch: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Betting opened with the Cowboys by 2 or 2.5.  Now it is the Vikes favored by that much.  They must think Dak isn't playing.