Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518035 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm expecting a heavy dose of Elliott & Pollard, if that's the case & hope Pierce is healthy. I'd like to see him to introduce himself :sleazy: training-087 to Zeke a few times tonight. :tut:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Great clock management by the Vikings… said no one ever

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Horrible play calling on tonight's game
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: well, i see where another backup QB stymied  the vikings and our 20 million dollar QB!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doofus: :confused: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The game last night certainly had to be a nail in Zimmer's coffin.

Outside of the fact that the Wilfs held the State of Minnesota hostage to build their stadium, the have been good owners who have tried to build a winning franchise.  They have been loyal to the coaching staff they hired and gave them everything they needed to be successful.  And that type of support and security ought to lead to more progress and winning, but it hasn't. 

The offense can't seem to move down the field unless it is the first drive of the game or the final two minute warning.  The defense can's stop the run and their secondary plays soft - and like Glenn said - keep getting beat by backup QBs.   :angry:

We know Zim runs the defense and puts handcuffs on his offensive coordinators.  I think his run is coming to an end.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i personally dont think there offensive coordinator has any right to be in that position  :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I could rant on and on about the history of this coaching staff, but the Wilfs will rue the day when they let Stefanski leave to take a head coaching job with another team - just to be loyal to Zim for another season or two.

In the NFL it is ALWAYS best to make a move one year early than one year too late.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I could rant on and on about the history of this coaching staff, but the Wilfs will rue the day when they let Stefanski leave to take a head coaching job with another team - just to be loyal to Zim for another season or two.

In the NFL it is ALWAYS best to make a move one year early than one year too late.

Huge mistake   Seems everyone knew it too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kind of hope they keep losing so something big changes.  If we do kind of good we will see the same mediocre play next year. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ziggy should bring grueden!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ziggy should bring grueden!

I haven't been paying too close attention, but if Gruden goes forward with suing the league for improper termination, he'll end up on the outskirts with Kaepernick.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It came across the screen on MNF that Hunter is done for the season & I now learned he may not play another down for the Vikings. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2021/11/01/danielle-hunter-out-rest-season-torn-pectoral-muscle/6243107001/ :pouty: Season ending injuries for Derrick Henry & Jameis Winston too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer for all of them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It came across the screen on MNF that Hunter is done for the season & I now learned he may not play another down for the Vikings. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2021/11/01/danielle-hunter-out-rest-season-torn-pectoral-muscle/6243107001/ :pouty: Season ending injuries for Derrick Henry & Jameis Winston too.
yea i could see the end last year with hunter being with the vikings.  :doah: that guy is built like a brick schmidt house!!!!! :rolleyes:

i see where the Titans signed all day Adrian to fill in for Henry!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He only had 4.5 sacks at LSU.  :scratch: He's due a $18 m bonus if he's even on the roster at the start of camp next year with his newly restructured deal & that may be enough for them to let him go.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He only had 4.5 sacks at LSU.  :scratch: He's due a $18 m bonus if he's even on the roster at the start of camp next year with his newly restructured deal & that may be enough for them to let him go.
hope they send cousins with him...................................................

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
hope they send cousins with him...................................................
hope someone else gets to make the decision on both of them.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read on Purple PTSD that Shanahan is floundering in San Fran and may be a possible coach in MN.  ???  He is O oriented so may be a good fit.  ???

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Even TB 12 & the $40 mil man didn't look very good this week & their OCs, Leftwich/Bieniemy, are considered by many as 2 of the best in the league. :confused:
« Last Edit: November 11/02/21, 12:20:08 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Shanahan? He isn't going anywhere. 49'ers just spent a fortune to draft a quarterback #3 for Shanahan to groom.

Just somebody throwing crap against the wall hoping to get something to stick.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Shanahan? He isn't going anywhere. 49'ers just spent a fortune to draft a quarterback #3 for Shanahan to groom.

:tut: He's signed through 2025 & 1 of the top 5 highest paid in the league as well.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Isn't that what everything is DB?

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
From now until next season, or when the Wilfs pull the trigger, it is going to be wishful thinking.

It doesn't seem like all that long ago, but it probably was...  Remember when Spielman made some - what at the time seemed painful - veteran cuts so the team could go younger?

They picked up the likes of Anthony Barr, Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, Harrison Smith, Xavier Rhodes, Erik Kendricks - that defense was stacked!  Now the guys that are still around are older, slower, get hurt more, and play less.  The veterans they signed are in the same boat and the new guys they drafted haven't panned out yet.

Yes, it seems to be time to get Kapt. Kirk's money off the books and blow the whole thing up.

The formula for success in the NFL is to bottom out, draft a QB in the first round, hope he pans out to be a franchise guy, and load up on wise free agent signings while the QB is still on his rookie deal. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Spielman & Zimmer both signed extensions through the 2023 season this summer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Spielman & Zimmer both signed extensions through the 2023 season this summer
in sports nowadays a signed contract means nothing. That's for players, coaches and upper management alike. Kinda  :bs: if ya ask me.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It means they're less likely to get rid of 'em 6 months later IMO & if they do it costs more. The players, not so much, they'll just sit out & force a trade.  :sad:
« Last Edit: November 11/02/21, 12:44:28 PM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If they dump Zim or Speilman they have to pay them for not showing up for 2 years.  If they get other jobs the Wilfs wouldn't have to pay the full amount. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
So wat yur saying is, another 2 urs of this bs...
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think it will go that far.  We need someone to want to hire them.  LOL

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
So ur still.sayi g another 2 yrs of this.bs. lol!
78.50"