Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517654 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :oops1: Wrong thread. :doofus: :bonk:
« Last Edit: November 11/12/21, 06:21:06 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: late nite over in inger!!!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: late nite over in inger!!!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao:
:tut: :mooning:
oh so you do go there!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :huh: Yup, usually about once a week  ;) :smiley:.......................................on our way to GR. :moon: It's only 30 through there too, so it's easy to see all the kids runnin around down there that look an awful lot like glenn  :sleazy: :nerd:........................................SHORT!!  ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/12/21, 08:25:46 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings place Kenny Willekes on COVID-19 list, sign Eddie Yarbrough

Minnesota announced on Friday that the club has placed defensive end Kenny Willekes on the reserve/COVID-19 list. He was just promoted to the active roster as a COVID-19 replacement for safety Harrison Smith on Tuesday.

Willekes is now the sixth player on Minnesota’s COVID reserve, joining Harrison Smith, Garrett Bradbury, Ryan Connelly, Dakota Dozier, and Timon Parris.

I wonder who else will test positive before the game on Sunday?   :confused:

In a different article (about A. Rog) I learned that after you test positive in the NFL, you don't have to wait until you test negative again - you simply have to sit out 10 days.  Apparently the NFL knows something about Covid recovery that the scientific community from across the globe has failed to discover.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: November 11/12/21, 02:37:30 PM by Steve-o »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't think thats correct. Erin will still need to pass a daily test as before testing positive.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-covid-vaccine-rules-explained/1efarozoadvh11vig3gtdctcdz Looks like he'll need 2 negative tests at least 24 hours apart before he can play.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-covid-vaccine-rules-explained/1efarozoadvh11vig3gtdctcdz Looks like he'll need 2 negative tests at least 24 hours apart before he can play.

That is for vaccinated players.  This clause would allow vaccinated players to return sooner than 10 days if they test positive within a 24 hour period, but Erin is not vaccinated. 

Below you will see the policy for unvaccinated players is different.  The rules don't seem to make sense to me, but there is nothing stated about needing to test negative after 10 days.  You simply have to isolate and have "improved" symptoms.

If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: From the same link above: Unvaccinated individuals must be tested for COVID every day at the team facility. If a player misses even one day of testing, they will be required to test negative for COVID for five straight days before re-entering the facility. That's what happened to Cam Newton before the final week of the Patriots' preseason.
Unvaccinated free agents must also test negative for five consecutive days before being allowed to enter a team facility.
Unvaccinated players must wear masks at all times in the facility. They cannot gather in groups larger than three players and on the road "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."
Unvaccinated individuals are subject to fines if they break COVID protocols. This can include anything from failing to wear a mask in the facility or going to an indoor concert or house party with more than 15 people.
« Last Edit: November 11/13/21, 05:57:59 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
So fn stupid
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It was voted on by the NFLPA in the last CBA. They wanted fewer preseason games, they got it. Owners wanted a 17th regular season game, they got it. The NFL/owners & networks wanted to make sure they had enough players to play the games when they're scheduled, they got it. So they all get a pc of the pie. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/18/sports/football/nfl-tv-contracts.html
« Last Edit: November 11/13/21, 06:05:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: It was voted on by the NFLPA in the last CBA. They wanted fewer preseason games, they got it. Owners wanted a 17th regular season game, they got it. The NFL/owners & networks wanted to make sure they had enough players to play the games when they're scheduled, they got it. So they all get a pc of the pie. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/18/sports/football/nfl-tv-contracts.html
Well I hope they know this is racist and their going to lose a lot of low income intercity fans that can't afford to watch them for free anymore!  :mad1:
Of course they know those folks never put any profits in the bank anyway. And low income and race dont really pay the Bill's anyway! 😉
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: I'm not sure I can afford to watch 'em for free anymore either :rolleyes:............................it costs TOO MUCH for all the beer :drinking: I need to make it through the game. :pouty:                                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well I hope they know this is racist and their going to lose a lot of low income intercity fans that can't afford to watch them for free anymore!  :mad1:
Of course they know those folks never put any profits in the bank anyway. And low income and race dont really pay the Bill's anyway! 😉

I missed the racist part. I don't know that race has anything to with anything. You don't need to be Black or Hispanic or Asian to not like the streaming. I'm white, I don't like the streaming but as long as the NFL is on network TV it won't change anything for me. As far as paying the NFL's bills you couldn't not buy a product even if you hated the NFL. They are the monster in the room and nobody will take them down. Certainly not the fans. We can't even agree on which team we hate the most.   :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
At this point if the game isn't on free TV I won't be watching. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
At this point if the game isn't on free TV I won't be watching.
same here!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: i already pay to damn much for TV services!!!!!!! :mad1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I missed the racist part. I don't know that race has anything to with anything. You don't need to be Black or Hispanic or Asian to not like the streaming. I'm white, I don't like the streaming but as long as the NFL is on network TV it won't change anything for me. As far as paying the NFL's bills you couldn't not buy a product even if you hated the NFL. They are the monster in the room and nobody will take them down. Certainly not the fans. We can't even agree on which team we hate the most.   :pouty:
Everything that excludes anyone of low income is Racist now a days.  You must not live in the cities and hear this 24/7.  :scratch:  Like Voter ID is racist, Math is racist, Dr. Susses is racist.  :surrender:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i'll be damned.......... dang near turned it to the hallmark channel earlier!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I flipped back and forth between them and the Peckers. Wasn't overly impressed with either but a Viking win is good I guess. Seattle is gawd awful.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Darrisaw helped the O line.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Darrisaw helped the O line.
so do i.

i also think Cousins should give half his salary to that Jefferson kid. some of them catches he made yesterday were awesome!!!!!!! :happy1:

seriously, the vikings need to do something with Jefferson soon................... like pay him!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :crazy: :scratch: :doah: They still have next year & 2023 to go on his rookie deal, they won't be talking $ with him until at least the start of the 2023 season. Most rookie contracts have an option year in 'em too.
« Last Edit: November 11/15/21, 10:18:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen some things out of the offense yday that if we'd seen earlier in the season they could easily be 6-3. They got 3 or 4 crucial 1st downs in the 2nd half that allowed them to score the 2 TDs. I liked what I saw out of some of the young guys on defense too. :happy1: :cool: We had 5 starters out again, Hunter who is done for the year last I heard, no Pierce or Barr, while Patrick Peterson & Smith were both missing from the secondary.
« Last Edit: November 11/15/21, 01:36:59 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So we didn't need those guys as much as we thought we did.  Better get used to not having them around at all. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'd bet that Zimmer will have all of 'em in there next week if they're healthy IMO.
« Last Edit: November 11/15/21, 04:26:40 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So we didn't need those guys as much as we thought we did.  Better get used to not having them around at all.
I'd almost bet the farm Barr won't be back.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pierce and Hunter have been basically no shows.  SO do they get their annual salary when out due to injury?  How about Pierce holding out for covid.  Does he get paid then? 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yes & Yes.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought they got paid their normal salary when opting out but it turns out they didn't. They basically either got $150K or a $350k draw on future salary depending on if they were a voluntary or a high risk opt out respectively. They do get their full annual salary if injured, however. What I read said they didn't rule Barr out against the Chargers until Friday so he should be back, maybe as soon as this week against GB. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-how-key-players-opting-out-affects-salary-cap-for-2020-and-beyond-plus-more-opt-out-details/#:~:te
« Last Edit: November 11/15/21, 05:59:37 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks.  I wondered about that. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the Packers are selling more "stock" :rolleyes:, wonder :scratch: if they're gonna offer Erin more money to stick around.  ;) :laugh: :laugh: