Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517630 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven’t watched a football game in two year, and don’t miss it one bit. Mainly for reasons Dotch brought up.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  I just let all that "social justice"  rhetoric go in 1 ear & out the other just like all political  :bs: on here  :rolleyes: some days. :doah: :pouty:             
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On KFAN they just said that on tv they will be saying the Vikes and Lions game will be on Fox.  It will not be on Fox but will be on CBS.  Take note all of you Vikes fans.  LOL

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
CBS has the AFC package, Fox the NFC. With both the Vikings & Lions being NFC teams why would they be on CBS? Makes no sense.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Who knows dutchy,just googled the NFL schedule, giants and Tampa Bay and there opponents are scheduled on Fox same time Vikings play at noon.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I, like most of the country have no interest in Vikings vs Lions but geez don't ruin the AFC games by putting them on CBS.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
CBS has the AFC package, Fox the NFC. With both the Vikings & Lions being NFC teams why would they be on CBS? Makes no sense.

Yeah.....I saw that also. I seem to remember that happening before.

The visiting team always get the network. Plus wherever there are 2 from the same conference playing each other. This week FOX has significantly more games on their schedule than CBS had on theirs. So, rather than having to give the Vikings/Lions  game to a comparatively smaller audience, the two networks decided to even things out so that more people can be exposed.
« Last Edit: December 12/04/21, 08:20:36 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
here we go...................field goals vs TD.  :confused: :crazy: :crazy: :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: :confused: :doah: training-087 training-087 :banghead: cousins.......... :bs: :surrender: :puke: :puke:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 training-087

leave it to the vikingsto lose to a winless team................. :confused: :doah: :embarrassed:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing new there. :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing new there. :crazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea and the raiders sure arent helping the vikings in there playoff hunt!!!!!! :shocked: :rolleyes: they are behind washington and they are winning!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there a state in the union who's "professional" sports teams lose to bad teams more than in Minnesota?

Why do we ALWAYS have to play down to the competition?   :confused: :angry2:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bump: They play the Steelers tomorrow!! :scratch:
« Last Edit: December 12/08/21, 09:57:02 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:bump: They play the Steeler's tomorrow!! :scratch:

Good luck, boys.  Make it close!

( I know you will  ;)  :doah: )

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife's cousin and her husband are flying from Mesa to go to the game. They are rabid fans. They bought the tickets before the season started. If I were them, I'd stay home and use the tickets as kindling.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for them being such fans but man that is some bucks they are spending.  Hope we win for their sake. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Know a guy down here who has had season tickets since US Bank Stadium was built. Not the cheap seats either as they get compted all their alcohol & probably any food too. I don't believe :scratch: they're in one of the suites though. :confused: He's loaded, real nice guy though. They even flew out to the Ram's game last season.
« Last Edit: December 12/08/21, 09:55:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for them being such fans but man that is some bucks they are spending.  Hope we win for their sake.
I hope they lose in order to teach the warden's relatives a good lesson.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  It's your relatives so I didn't want to say that.  LOL

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The link is about where Kapt. Kirk could end up next year, but it was the first part of the article I thought was interesting - rather identifying how mediocre the Vikes and Cousins have been these past two seasons.  The Vikes are a .500 team and Cousins is a .500 quarterback over his career.

As for a potential trade...  Good luck to the next GM to find a sucker team to take KK off our hands for $45M.   :doah:

Where could Kirk Cousins end up next season?

After they spent the offseason giving out short-term contracts to fill holes, the Vikings still sit in relatively the same position they were in last year.  After 11 games, both teams sat at 5-6. The 2020 squad beat the league-worst Jaguars by three in overtime, while this year’s squad fell to the league-worst Lions to move to 5-7.

While there are many reasons to keep the signal-caller in uniform next season, there are numerous others that point in a different direction. In his four seasons, Cousins is 30-26-1 and holds a record of 56-58-2 in his career. Pair the lack of success with his $45 million dollar cap hit and the decision to move on could become an easy one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He is an accurate passer when it is like a punt pass and kick contest with noone within 10 yards of him.  When it is like actual football it is too big for him to handle.  I am ready for a different direction.  That is putting it mildly.  :sleazy:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I have made those same comments during every Vikings game this year. Technically very good but can’t do it under any pressure.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Dalvin Cook is going to give it a go against the Steelers tonight.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:bump: They play the Steeler's tomorrow!! :scratch:

Good luck, boys.  Make it close!

( I know you will  ;)  :doah: )

29-doughnut into the 3rd Quarter and Zim's "Prevent" Defense lets 'em back into the game.

Momentum turned on Boyd's taunting penalty that turned a tackle for loss into a 1st down that lead to the Steeler's first touch down.  :angry:

That's what happens when you kick (and miss) field goals instead of score touch downs.  :undecided:

And it goes right down to the last play again - and Big Ben had the throw.   :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Woods, Barr, & Smith were all there & he still almost made the catch. :crazy: Replay looked like Smith got a hand on it just as he was about to pull it in.  :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This game was a good example of how Zim's Defense speciality is not what it used to be.  Blow a 29 lead in a quarter.  It doesn't get much worse that that. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly lps, earlier years of Zimmer defense put the strangle hold on during second half of games. Not so much anymore..

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Cornerbacks are awful. Peterson is still OK. But headed downhill with age.  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: That is directly related to NOT getting enough pressure on the other teams QB IMO. Some of that is because our 3 best pass rushers, Hunter, Pierce, & Griffen, haven't been on the field very much this season. :pouty: