Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517556 times)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Cornerbacks are awful.:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Agreed. Beshaud Breeland. He’s been awful all year.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Most teams don't throw at Peterson much unless he just came back from an injury so they throw Breeland's way 2 or 3 times more :rolleyes: & yeah, he hasn't had a good year. :sad:
« Last Edit: December 12/11/21, 01:58:21 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikes were favored by 3.5 but now with Chicago's OC, DC, and SP TMs Coordinator out with Covid protocol the Vikes are favored by 5.5.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They are favored so they will blow it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Most teams don't throw at Peterson much unless he just came back from an injury so they throw Breeland's way 2 or 3 times more :rolleyes: & yeah, he hasn't had a good year. :sad:

If it were easy, everyone would be good.  Still, I don't know why DBs don't turn around and look for the ball sooner. 

I get it that if the receiver is juking back and forth across the middle, you have to watch the man to stay with him, and that coverage is really hard.

But if a DB is streaking down the sideline, why not turn back sooner?   :confused:  The DB should have just as good of a chance to catch the ball.   :scratch:
 Some of the catches those receivers make with DBs draped all over them are truly amazing.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: I think they feel they've been beat & panic. They then start to play the WR instead of playing the ball. The really good DB's seem to have a feel for when to look for the ball IMO.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen where they waived Breeland today after he got into a shouting match with both coaches & teammates in practice today. https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-cut-starter-bashaud-breeland-after-reported-altercation-with-coaches-teammates-at-practice-215858042.html?fr=sycsr

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Maybe the coaches deserved it.  :sleazy: based on the past performances this last year. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
« Last Edit: December 12/18/21, 07:14:15 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Don’t think Breeland will be missed, except maybe by opposing quarterbacks and receivers. Shoulda kept Mike Hughes.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The guy was burned more than a California forest.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe the coaches deserved it.  :sleazy: based on the past performances this last year. :pouty:
:scratch: & MAYBE :rolleyes: you'd be happier :confused: if you were a Packer fan!!  :nerd: :mooning: :evil:               

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Don’t think Breeland will be missed, except maybe by opposing quarterbacks and receivers. Shoulda kept Mike Hughes.
Seen Hughes on the field for KC the last time I watched them :scratch: Think he's mainly playin the nickel back for them. I thought he did a good job for us too. :confused:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:scratch: & MAYBE :rolleyes: you'd be happier :confused: if you were a Packer fan!!  :nerd: :mooning: :evil:             

I was tinkin he already was a :censored: packer fan! :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/21, 12:03:30 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I was tinkin he already was a :censored: packer fan! :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: my favorite team each week is the team playing the packers!!!! :happy1: :happy1: even dabears!!!!!! :shocked:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: WOWZER.........the cardinals are getting trashed by them Lions!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:                       :tut: :pouty: :nerd: :evil:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/21, 01:46:42 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW......i just read that the entire bears starting secondary is on the covid list and looks like they'll have 4 practice squad players playing.

PS............ hey gunner that more on topic................ :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rolleyes: :smoking:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah, I saw where Hughes was playing really well for the Chiefs.  Still, when a player blossoms on a winning team after leaving an mediocre organization I kind of blame the coaches for not getting the best out of him and the front office for trading him for a bucket of balls.  Still, he was hurt much of the time.

The Vikes traded Hughes and 2022 seventh-round draft pick for the Chiefs 2022 sixth-round draft pick.  Hughes was the 30th overall pick in 2018, and although he was very injury prone for the Vikes, they gave him up to move from the 7th to 6th round in the 22 draft?   :confused:   :doah:

Both Spielman and Zim overestimate their ability to find and develop secondary cornerback talent.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Hughes was hurt much the time he was with the Vikings & that was was probably a major factor in his play as well as them trading him. As they say all the time in the NFL the best ability to have is availability....................... & glenn :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                      :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:           

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW......i just read that the entire bears starting secondary is on the covid list and looks like they'll have 4 practice squad players playing.

So wit' covid runnin' rampant true da Bearz, what do yous tink da odds are dat all da Vi-Queens get da 'Vid from da Monstas of da Midway?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have wondered the same thing.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that Lee character did say the teddy bears where bringing it wit!!!🥴 :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Quirk had 87 yds passing  Fields had 285   total yds  us 193  them 370

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah that was one ugly game........ the bears wanted to give the vikings the game and the vikings did everything to not win........vikings shoulda had 40 plus points!!!!!

think between the 2 teams they had 5 personal foul penalties, one on kendericks got his tossed out.  some of the replays looked like jefferson
 was getting mugged and no penalties. :scratch: :doah:

but hey........they said ole capn kirk haa won 3 0f 4 prime time games now!!!!!!!

3 games left......and i see them MAYBE winning one. no way they beat the Rams of GB...... :tut: :tut: and another TD by the oppenent on the last play of  the game!!! :tut: :pouty: but it did net me 10 bucks on out modest litttle family pool!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/21/21, 07:58:36 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah that was one ugly game........ the bears wanted to give the vikings the game and the vikings did everything to not win........vikings shoulda had 40 plus points!!!!!

think between the 2 teams they had 5 personal foul penalties, one on kendericks got his tossed out.  some of the replays looked like jefferson
 was getting mugged and no penalties. :scratch: :doah:

but hey........they said ole capn kirk haa won 3 0f 4 prime time games now!!!!!!!

3 games left......and i see them MAYBE winning one. no way they beat the Rams of GB...... :tut: :tut: and another TD by the oppenent on the last play of  the game!!! :tut: :pouty: but it did net me 10 bucks on out modest litttle family pool!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
Yeah, with Thielen out they were mugging Jefferson and why it was a run game pretty much all night.  Sad to say, but I think the last few games the Vik's are going to get Rammed and Packed!   :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It didn't look like they missed Breeland very bad as Dantzler had a good game as did Wonnum. Bears shot themselves in the foot with all fumbles & penalties or the outcome may have been different. :crazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Quirk had 87 yds passing  Fields had 285   total yds  us 193  them 370

What the F'ert was up with that?   :confused:

Da Bears have 17 players out on Covid protocol - including all 4 secondary starters - and Zim's game plan was to have Cook  (the guy with the separated shoulder) run "up the gut" 28 plays?   :scratch:  Did you see how gassed Cook looked in the second series?  He was getting killed.   :censored:

And for what?  Because Zim was afraid Kapt. Kirk would throw interceptions to the replacement players in the secondary?   :doah:

It is obvious Zim plays not to lose.  And despite some impressive stat categories like most sacks by the defense and fewest allowed by the offense, they are still a .500 team.  I think the most significant stat for the team is giving up the most points in the last 2 minutes before the half and game.  (They padded 9 more points onto that stat last night.)  If Zim would not continue to play soft prevent defense at the end of halves, they might have been contended with the Packers for the division.   :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: December 12/21/21, 08:35:19 AM by Steve-o »