Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517831 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yeah that was one ugly game........ the bears wanted to give the vikings the game and the vikings did everything to not win........vikings shoulda had 40 plus points!!!!!

think between the 2 teams they had 5 personal foul penalties, one on kendericks got his tossed out.  some of the replays looked like jefferson
 was getting mugged and no penalties. :scratch: :doah:

but hey........they said ole capn kirk haa won 3 0f 4 prime time games now!!!!!!!

3 games left......and i see them MAYBE winning one. no way they beat the Rams of GB...... :tut: :tut: and another TD by the oppenent on the last play of  the game!!! :tut: :pouty: but it did net me 10 bucks on out modest litttle family pool!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
Yeah, with Thielen out they were mugging Jefferson and why it was a run game pretty much all night.  Sad to say, but I think the last few games the Vik's are going to get Rammed and Packed!   :undecided:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And one more question about that final touchdown play for the Bears...

So if a receiver jumps up in the back of the end zone, catches the ball, and the defense pushes him out of the end zone - out of bounds - where he does NOT get two feet (or any other body parts) down in the end zone - then the pass is incomplete.  No touchdown.

So on this play, the receiver jumps, catches the ball, and the defense pushes him out of the end zone - back into the field of play - where he dose NOT get two feet (or any other body parts) down in the end zone - but this is a touchdown.   :scratch:

Why?   :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Steve-o, on that particular play, the replay also showed he did not have control of the ball, but they where looking also if his shin hit in bounds prior to his elbow hitting the ground out of bounds!!!!!

i believe they ruled it incomplete because he didnt have control of the ball!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually took off work early to watch this pathetic exhibition. The Vikings are lucky they had the Zebras on their side or they would have lost to a practice squad. The dancing and celebrating is nearly enough to make me puke. I use to say professional football was one notch above pro wrestling. No longer true.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually took off work early to watch this pathetic exhibition. The Vikings are lucky they had the Zebras on their side or they would have lost to a practice squad. The dancing and celebrating is nearly enough to make me puke. I use to say professional football was one notch above pro wrestling. No longer true.

The thing that irks me most is when the defense makes a turnover on the 50 yard line, a bunch of the players all run down to the end zone to mug in front of the "show off" cam.

The NFL must have put that camera there so players could download their celebrations and share them on Insta with all of their homies.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see when you go check the NFL playoff picture the Vikings currently are the 7th seed with Washington playing tonight. The vikes are going to need an aweful lot of luck and help from other teams, buy I'm convinced they'll self implode there way outta da playoffs all on there own.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
And one more question about that final touchdown play for the Bears...

So if a receiver jumps up in the back of the end zone, catches the ball, and the defense pushes him out of the end zone - out of bounds - where he does NOT get two feet (or any other body parts) down in the end zone - then the pass is incomplete.  No touchdown.

So on this play, the receiver jumps, catches the ball, and the defense pushes him out of the end zone - back into the field of play - where he dose NOT get two feet (or any other body parts) down in the end zone - but this is a touchdown.   :scratch:

Why?   :confused:

I think the rule is when TD's are scored by guys reaching out and breaking the goal plain, their in control of the ball and the ball crossed the line before they did.
Where in that play, he was already past the goal line when he caught the ball, but never touched down with it inside the goal plain. 

Same kind of thing with forward progress.  If a receiver catches the ball, and the defense push's him back in midair. The ball is marked where he touch's down, not where he was when he caught it.   

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I think I was thinking of a different play then Steve-0 ???

Where you talking the last play of the game??? They did rule it aTD.  Never mind  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: that made me 10 bucks richer. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I don't see how that last play was a touchdown.

But if I think about it real hard, it probably makes sense.

If you are running the ball in the end zone, the ball just needs to cross the plane of the goal line.  The runner doesn't need to put two feet in the end zone or nothing.  In fact you see it all the time that a runner will cut the corner of the end zone by the front pilon, step out of bounds past the pilon, but since his body and ball crossed thru the end zone, it is a TD.

Any time you catch the ball, in order for it to be a catch you need to come down in the field of play, not out of bounds.

So in the back of the end zone, if you possess the ball in the end zone, but get pushed out of bounds before you feet touch, it is incomplete.

In the front of the end zone, if you catch the ball in the air, possess it in the end, the ball has crossed the plane of the goal line.  And if the receiver gets pushed back across the goal line, but still touches down in the field of play, then it is a catch.

Sorry for this tangent guys.  Go back to your lives, citizens. 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I don't see how that last play was a touchdown.

But if I think about it real hard, it probably makes sense.

If you are running the ball in the end zone, the ball just needs to cross the plane of the goal line.  The runner doesn't need to put two feet in the end zone or nothing.  In fact you see it all the time that a runner will cut the corner of the end zone by the front pilon, step out of bounds past the pilon, but since his body and ball crossed thru the end zone, it is a TD.

Any time you catch the ball, in order for it to be a catch you need to come down in the field of play, not out of bounds.

So in the back of the end zone, if you possess the ball in the end zone, but get pushed out of bounds before you feet touch, it is incomplete.

In the front of the end zone, if you catch the ball in the air, possess it in the end, the ball has crossed the plane of the goal line.  And if the receiver gets pushed back across the goal line, but still touches down in the field of play, then it is a catch.

Sorry for this tangent guys.  Go back to your lives, citizens.
Like Leech said above!   :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah, like Leech said!  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :scratch: which one.......he says a lot of rubberish>>>>>>>>>> :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :scratch: which one.......he says a lot of rubberish>>>>>>>>>> :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Rubberish...  :scratch:  Is that a combination of "rubbish" and 'jibberish?"   :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Rubberish...  :scratch:  Is that a combination of "rubbish" and 'jibberish?"   :confused:
:rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Really, rubbish and jibberish.  This all I hear most of the time on here!  :moon:

https://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: :doofus: ph and you dont add to it!!!!!! :confused: :evil: :surrender: :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
pot calling the kettle black...    :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn should go into politics...there is a part time job for ya.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn should go into politics...there is a part time job for ya.
yea wont go there...not in todays world.  i  wouldnt last very long..i have opinions that some wouldnt like to hear!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

back 35 years ago i did actually run for city council didnt pan out so well. although one election i only lost by 8 votes.........pretty sure it was rigged!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :shocked:               :scratch: :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn should go into politics...
yea wont go there...not in todays world. 
How about show business?

Did anyone notice that ex-Vikings wide receiver, Nate Burleson, is a regular co-host of the CBS Mornings news show? 

Good lookin' bloke.  Big smile.  Brings lots of energy to the set.

Glenn, you could do that, ja?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How about show business?

Did anyone notice that ex-Vikings wide receiver, Nate Burleson, is a regular co-host of the CBS Mornings news show? 

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw......i like to remain low profile. i got enough issues with women already!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
How about show business?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw......i like to remain low profile. i got enough issues with women already!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
If you'd just lay off the Hai Karate, you'd be like the rest of us.   :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose you all heard that Dalvin Cook is on Covid quarantine.  Will be out for at least 10 days.  I don't know if he is sick or tested positive or what.  Will miss Rams game for sure and possible the GB game.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep but Maddision is back, he ain't to shabby either. That rookie that was the Vikings punt returner impressed me the last game. Guess he's got some pretty fast wheels to.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Yeah, but he's an Ia St guy, so............................ ! :nerd:           :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Yeah, but he's an Ia St guy, so............................ ! :nerd:           :rolleyes: :smiley:
:doofus: :doofus: :blablabla: :blablabla: :pouty: :doofus: :pouty: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose you all heard that Dalvin Cook is on Covid quarantine.  Will be out for at least 10 days.  I don't know if he is sick or tested positive or what.  Will miss Rams game for sure and possible the GB game.

This could get pretty interesting around playoffs if someone pays off a few doctors to pull some player off teams!   :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so.........is that tight azz boar gonna run his contest this week??????????? :confused: :scratch: :doah: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

also just a heads up......i'll be doing the playoff thing again this year!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Glenn I will get on it right now.   :crazy: