Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517715 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
* In all fairness, the Vikes needed a QB in 2016 because of the Bridgewater knee injury.  Just think...  If Bridgewater didn't blow out his knee and instead blossomed into the dynamic QB and leader it looked like he was becoming, or if Bradford could have kept it going for another year or two, they never would have had to mortgage the farm to get Kirk Cousins and the Spielman/Zimmer era could have been dramatically different.

Glenn has a higher opinion of Cousins than I do of Bridgewater. I felt sorry for him when he got hurt but he never was going to be a franchise quarterback. Middle of the pack at best or a backup for a really good team.

Keenum probably has been the best guy to come through here lately but he was tagged as a backup when he first got in the league. He has done well with Cleveland when he has gotten a chance.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Kennum i heard will be a free agent soon!!!!!!! :smoking: :happy1: i loved his gun slingin style when he played here.

there are ALOT of former vikings players doing well with other teams........... :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree completely.  Keenum could have gotten us at least 8-8 seasons and think of all of the quality players we could have afforded by keeping him. That may have led to much better winning percentages. BUT Zimmer didn't like him neither. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree completely.  Keenum could have gotten us at least 8-8 seasons and think of all of the quality players we could have afforded by keeping him. That may have led to much better winning percentages. BUT Zimmer didn't like him neither.
yep.......just like Carlson the kicker......he's been having a great career out there with the Raiders ...whereever there located at now!!!!! :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's alot of skuttle butt of teams looking for coaches.........and i aint heard Zimmers name mentioned yet!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read rumors going around viking land the names like Doug Peterson, Josh McDaniels, and Jim Harbaugh!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am all in on Doug Pederson.  Need a GM that will gel with him.  He took his team to the Super Bowl and beat Tom Brady.  With an average QB and a just good team!  That is good coaching. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
just read rumors going around viking land the names like Doug Peterson, Josh McDaniels, and Jim Harbaugh!!!!!

You think Denny Green had a ego.....just wait until Harbaugh gets here. Of the 3 he would be my last choice. 
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 05:52:15 PM by dutchboy »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You think Denny Green has a ego.....just wait until Harbaugh gets here. Of the 3 he would be my last choice.
I agree. :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
No  Jim Harbaugh  :tut: :thumbs: :thumbs: :pouty: :pouty: :crazy: :crazy:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If they hired Harbaugh I would seriously rethink who my favorite team is. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Harbaughs name has been thrown out there for a while going to the NFL. didnt he do that once already and failed miserably????  :scratch: :scratch:

coaching college kids vs pro athletes are 2 completely different animals!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Harbough made his bones in the NFL coaching the 49'ers to the Super Bowl with Kaepernick as his quarterback. Neither has had that kind of success since.

Last year he had to give back $4 million in salary to Michigan because his program sucked so bad and he couldn't compete with Ohio State. The speculation now is he is leveraging this years success against the possibility of a NFL job to get that Michigan money back.

I'd be surprised if he returns to the NFL. He would be compared to his brother John who has done a great job with Baltimore.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I got to believe the new GM, whoever it is, will have a major say in who's even looked at for HC.
« Last Edit: January 01/15/22, 12:16:37 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so i see the vikings interviewed the gal from the eagles yesterday. not sure why yet but i think that be pretty cool!!!! some of the so called  :scratch: experts seem to think she would be a good fit.............no not internet experts like boar either!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
so i see the vikings interviewed the gal from the eagles yesterday. not sure why yet but i think that be pretty cool!!!! some of the so called  :scratch: experts seem to think she would be a good fit.............no not internet experts like boar either!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just another 1st theme pick.  How does coaching women's basketball make you a NFL football coach?   :coffee:
"King also has experience coaching women's basketball. She was the head coach of Johnson & Wales University Charlotte from 2016-18"
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Her background has alot of football in it and she seems to have moved up the ladder pretty fast. Football gurus seem to like what she brings to the table :scratch:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
And glenn how did yu come by the information???? THE INTERNET!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe the Wilfs genuinely want to build the reputation of their organization.

Sure, they want to win, but they want the Vikings to be a place where good players want to play and good coaches want to coach.

One of they ways you do that is to demonstrate loyalty, and the Wilfs definitely did that with Spielman and Zim.  They are building the reputation to NOT have knee jerk reactions to bad seasons.

And I think they want to be viewed by NFL executive management as one of the progressive organizations who is on the right side of all the trending social issues.  If Catherine Raîche is fully qualified, and hiring her helps them get there... why not?   :confused:

It ain't like Bill Polian and Tony Dungy are coming out of retirement to lead the Vikings.   :rotflmao:

P.S.  Da Bears have hired Bill Polian as a consultant to help THEM find a new GM and Head Coach.  That would have been a good move for the Wilfs, but Da Bears beat them to it.  :blues brothers:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Todd Bowles (defensive guy) is in town today to interview for head coach. Kellen Moore (offensive coach) in sometime this week.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And glenn how did yu come by the information???? THE INTERNET!!
oh i have many mutiple sources!!!!!!!! :mooning: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the Wilfs want to talk to all the best Head Coach candidates as soon as possible, so they don't lose out before hiring the GM.

The next GM will have a big say, but I think the Wilfs want to impress upon these guys what a quality organization they are.

We'll see.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It is a first class operation with the new stadium and that practice complex in Eden Prairie.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikes to have a lot going for them, 'cept for that little thing that they never won a Superbowl.  :embarrassed:

You're remembering Winter Park.  The new TCO Performance Center / Practice Facility / Hotel is in Eagan.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nope, I knew it wasn't winter park. I just get Eagan and Eden Prairie mixed up.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Ya blame him, after all he watched Biden get elected. Now before ripping me who is more qualified for the job? Sleepy Joe as President or Allen as a football coach?

Seriously this is about as much of a non-story as you can get.   ;)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/jared-allen-head-coach-nfl-rumors/  :rolleyes:
For a minute I thought this could have been serious, but it looks like Allen's pretty twitter post was tongue and cheek.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/jared-allen-head-coach-nfl-rumors/  :rolleyes:
For a minute I thought this could have been serious, but it looks like Allen's pretty twitter post was tongue and cheek.

Right when I first read it I'm like What?  The only thing he knows about foot ball is the coach tell him to go rip the QB's head off!   :doah:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like the purple have there GM candidates down to 2. kinda bummed though woulda liked t ohave seen the gal from the eagles come here. dont know why though  :scratch: :scratch: based on the articlei readhad the vikings picked an eagles person it would of cost them a draft pick!!!!!!  :scratch: